• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Morgoth revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Aeyu

I have unlocked the profiles. Tell me here when you are done.

Never mind.

Aeyu can do it, as I have to leave.

However, can you at least leave the pages unlocked for a couple minutes so we can see what was written and decide if anything more needs to be done?

Okay. I will unlock Morgoth as well.

Aule

It's based off his abilities and capabilities being the most similar to Melkor, as well as being the only being close to being able to create life of his own.

Not to mention the descending list of Vala aren't necessarily supposed to represent "the most powerful," but instead the most prominent.

If you had taken the time to notice, I have rectified this issue.

And really? They are vastly above the Maiar. I hope you don't honestly expect me to give you sources right now, unless you think Eonwe or Gandalf are comparable to Manwe.

Aeyu said:
If you had taken the time to notice, I have rectified this issue.
What is "this issue."

Aule still says the same thing.

Though I will yield on the Valar vs Maiar thing.

The issue you were talking about with him not conclusively being #2 to Manwe; I considered what you said and changed his rating accordingly.

So we agree on that?

Also, would you be okay if I changed the names of the Valar to their real names.

And good call on creation for Aule.

Yes. And like, the actual Valar language names?

I feel like it would cause problems for people looking for Valar that they know (the original names like Manawenuz are ultra-obscure)

Well, I honestly don't know why they weren't that already, except I recall there maybe being issues with the unique characters.

What do you think of my picture for Irmo?

Also, we should probably avoid editing the Valar anymore, or else non-corpreality starts acting up and that gets very frustrating.

I like it, I think it's a very welcome addition.

I think we should replace Nessa's as well, as it looks very problematic. The picture screams DeviantArt profile, with her name in the lower left-hand corner.

@Azathoth

Wouldn't "At least High 3-A, likely Low 2-C" be better.

Also, we should probably add justifications for the Valar's Immeasurable speed, as weel as removing the likely since the Maiar have it for sure.

The Valar have some level of 4-D power.

At the very least this is High 3-A, though likely Low 2-C for the reasons outlined.

If you have changed the names for the profiles of some characters, this will cause problems when I run the script to lock them again.

As such, I would appreciate if you write a list with all of the current page titles.

Honestly, I am very happy with how the Valar pages turned out. We just need Azathoth to decide on the High 3-A low-end and then we can close this thread.

Azathoth will likely not notice unless you place a note on his message wall.

Have you asked Azathoth to comment here?

Okay. I suppose that it should be fine to apply then, but unfortunately he wiki is locked at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back