• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

More Kirby stellar feats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thing you're ignoring what I said Xolon. Did you pay attention to the part where I say the being has unleashed it's power (something that would cause destruction), and that none of the DM invaders have teleportation abilities, and that the battlefield is still there ?

"Things were added" ? Are you for real ? One look is enough to tell you that things disappeared, not the contrary.

No offense, but you show a heavy lack of knowledge about the series. The timeframe is in the cutscenes... not in the phrase.

Fastsword88 said:
I thing you're ignoring what I said Xolon. Did you pay attention to the part where I say the being has unleashed it's power (something that would cause destruction), and that none of the DM invaders have teleportation abilities, and that the battlefield is still there ?
"Things were added" ? Are you for real ? One look is enough to tell you that things disappeared, not the contrary.

No offense, but you show a heavy lack of knowledge about the series. The timeframe is in the cutscenes... not in the phrase.
Arachnaemaniac answered your second point pretty clearly so i'll address your other one. Nothing in the original background looks like a celestial body. It all looks mostly barren and light blue with a few brush strokes of other colors here and there. Then it changes to a solar system/galaxy with a bunch of stars around it. That is why to me it looks more like something is added to the background. There was barely anything there to start with. And teleportation is just as likely as your theory if not moreso since weaker bosses like Marx can teleport. The crystal stage could've just been teleported with them. So even though it looks like the same battlefield to you just because of the stage ground nothing proves that. Nothing definitively proves stars and celestial bodies were destroyed like you claimed. You are reaching from a highly interpretive background change to get the result you want.

@Xolon : Because Nebula is stronger than Marx doesn't mean he must have teleportation. Attack potency isn't related to abilities and hax. Dark Matter are one of the most consistent and persistent creatures in the series. But not even once have they established teleportation abilities.

And this is not me trying to get a forced result. Bluntly speaking, you're trying to create a forced downplay scenario by saying that he'll teleport even though :

-Nebula has no reason to teleport the battlefield, and that's a very random thought. Even more so since he can't teleport, and that teleportation can't occur when Nebula is unleashing power in that scene, only destruction.

-They were in the middle of a galaxy. For another one to appear, take a guess at how serious the clean up must've been ?

-This is Lumine's feat V2. Are you saying that the one who implied Lumine's feat is "fake" ? (you know it's not). Lemme get this straight. Lumine's feat was accepted, it would be flat out injustice for this one to not be.

You can remind me about this topic in a while when the content revision project is done, so I can highlight it, and possibly ask for more input.

Fastsword88 said:
@Xolon : Because Nebula is stronger than Marx doesn't mean he must have teleportation. Attack potency isn't related to abilities and hax. Dark Matter are one of the most consistent and persistent creatures in the series. But not even once have they established teleportation abilities.
And this is not me trying to get a forced result. Bluntly speaking, you're trying to create a forced downplay scenario by saying that he'll teleport even though :

-Nebula has no reason to teleport the battlefield, and that's a very random thought. Even more so since he can't teleport, and that teleportation can't occur when Nebula is unleashing power in that scene, only destruction.

-They were in the middle of a galaxy. For another one to appear, take a guess at how serious the clean up must've been ?

-This is Lumine's feat V2. Are you saying that the one who implied Lumine's feat is "fake" ? (you know it's not). Lemme get this straight. Lumine's feat was accepted, it would be flat out injustice for this one to not be.
I've never heard of Lumine's feat so I can't comment on that. The point i'm trying to make is that destruction is not explicitly shown in that scene. You think it is implied but that is not good enough as evidence. The fact that it can be interpreted multiple ways makes it null. We can't take one interpretation and call it fact.

@Antvasima : Thanks.

@Xolon : I linked to Lumine's feat in the thread. You can argue in it's case and Nebula's that there's 2 interpretations of the feat and whatnot, but the second interpretation was ruled out because it relies on an ability the character's doesn't have, thus making the 1st interpretation the only solid one.

Fastsword88 said:
@Antvasima : Thanks.
@Xolon : I linked to Lumine's feat in the thread. You can argue in it's case and Nebula's that there's 2 interpretations of the feat and whatnot, but the second interpretation was ruled out because it relies on an ability the character's doesn't have, thus making the 1st interpretation the only solid one.
And has Dark Nebula or any other form of Dark Matter ever shown destruction on this level outside of this murky interpretive cutscene? All we can assume is that the background changes somehow. Anything outside of that is an unfounded assumption. It would help your case if the order of the backgrounds was different since the first background looks barren while the second one looks to have more celestial bodies yet you claim Dark Nebula destroyed celestial bodies to get to the second background?

The 2nd "background" doesn't have more celestial bodies, but less. It's not that a new galaxy appears, it's that the star systems that were blocking it's view disappeared. They were in the middle of a galaxy, with 100s/1000s of luminous star systems covering the view. For all of them to disappear like that and for another far away galaxy to appear, one would need to destroy all celestial matter on an astronomical range.

Fastsword88 said:
The 2nd "background" doesn't have more celestial bodies, but less. It's not that a new galaxy appears, it's that the star systems that were blocking it's view disappeared. They were in the middle of a galaxy, with 100s/1000s of luminous star systems covering the view. For all of them to disappear like that and for another far away galaxy to appear, one would need to destroy all celestial matter on an astronomical range.
What proof do you have that they're luminous star systems? You're assuming they are. All the first setting looks like is a light blue background. That background doesn't really resemble what you say it is and there isn't any text supporting this either.

There's nothing that could've happened aside from destruction. Lumine's same feat was accepted. It's a straightforward feat alright, exaggerated doubt isn't necessary.

Fastsword88 said:
There's nothing that could've happened aside from destruction. Lumine's same feat was accepted. It's a straightforward feat alright, exaggerated doubt isn't necessary.
Nothing else could've happened? What proof do you have for that statement?

The stage could've moved simply been telekinetically moved somewhere else. teleportation is possible. it could very well be an illusionary background change. There are many possibilities.

If you want to claim that those aren't possible because Dark Nebula has never shown those abilities before then that eliminates the possibility of constellation destruction too as he has never shown that before either. All possibilities are outliers. So none of them is better than the other.

Destructive power is something every character in fiction has, what do you mean Nebula hasn't shown that ?

It's just that your interpretation rely on both something the character doesn't have, and some very far away thought, something that Nebula has no business doing in that scene.

Fastsword88 said:
Destructive power is something every character in fiction has, what do you mean Nebula hasn't shown that ?
It's just that your interpretation rely on both something the character doesn't have, and some very far away thought, something that Nebula has no business doing in that scene.
He's never shown destructive power of that level outside of your one interpretation of that one specific scene. So it would be an outlier for him. It would be an outlier for him to use other abilities to change the scenery as well so they're on equal standing. They're all equally unsubstantiated.

Um, outliers aren't so easily distribued, especially for a character that appears only for few minutes and had the chance to do only 1 feat. If we do that, then most characters would be featless.

Also, "illusion" isn't right, because if it were the case, then everything would be back to normal and the illusion would disappear after Nebula's defeat, but it weren't the case.

Teleportation isn't something present in the Dark Matter family, and why would Nebula teleport an entire battlefield, hm ? When he flashed, he awakened by unleashing his power which was a wave of destruction. Is this really so hard to understand ?

What is more, final bosses doing "illusions" or "teleporting battlefields" never happened in the Kirby series. On the other hand, destroying all surroundings pre, mid or post-battle happened more times than I can remember with Kirby's final bosses.

I think you can see the only "interpretation" (calling it that is an understatement) that holds the only water.

Fastsword88 said:
Um, outliers aren't so easily distribued, especially for a character that appears only for few minutes and had the chance to do only 1 feat. If we do that, then most characters would be featless.
Also, "illusion" isn't right, because if it were the case, then everything would be back to normal and the illusion would disappear after Nebula's defeat, but it weren't the case.

Teleportation isn't something present in the Dark Matter family, and why would Nebula teleport an entire battlefield, hm ? When he flashed, he awakened by unleashing his power which was a wave of destruction. Is this really so hard to understand ?

What is more, final bosses doing "illusions" or "teleporting battlefields" never happened in the Kirby series. On the other hand, destroying all surroundings pre, mid or post-battle happened more times than I can remember with Kirby's final bosses.

I think you can see the only "interpretation" (calling it that is an understatement) that holds the only water.
Is Dark Nebula in any way implied to be the most powerful member of the Dark Matter family? No other member has a feat on that level. Also you leave the setting as soon as Dark Nebula dies so there is no way to tell if the illusion is undone if it were an illusion. And heck looking at the fight again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gap4lZd5n8c I see more credence to it being an illusion with how the background changes colors. Is Dark Nebula ever shown or implied to have power over colors? I don't think so.

Dark Matter invaders are mostly featless, but even the regular soldiers can reach the size of large planets, let alone high-ranked ones. Dark Crafter is superior to Claycia who created Seventopia.

After Nebula's death in the 1st playthrough, you'll have to wait for a big chest to fall (if my memory serves right), and there's a cutscene of Kirby flying there afterwards, but the beautiful multi-star "background" before Nebula's awakening never comes back, so it was gone for good. And I think you just ignored all of this :

"What is more, final bosses doing "illusions" or "teleporting battlefields" never happened in the Kirby series, nor do they need a reason to do so. On the other hand, destroying all surroundings pre, mid or post-battle happened more times than I can remember with Kirby's final bosses."

Fastsword88 said:
Dark Matter invaders are mostly featless, but even the regular soldiers can reach the size of large planets, let alone high-ranked ones. Dark Crafter is superior to Claycia who created Seventopia.
After Nebula's death in the 1st playthrough, you'll have to wait for a big chest to fall (if my memory serves right), and there's a cutscene of Kirby flying there afterwards, but the beautiful multi-star "background" before Nebula's awakening never comes back, so it was gone for good. And I think you just ignored all of this :

"What is more, final bosses doing "illusions" or "teleporting battlefields" never happened in the Kirby series, nor do they need a reason to do so. On the other hand, destroying all surroundings pre, mid or post-battle happened more times than I can remember with Kirby's final bosses."
"(if my memory serves right)"

link a cutscene. Memory alone isn't good enough as evidence.

So you're admitting no other Dark Matter invader has a feat on that level? That lends more credence to it being an outlier for their race. As well as being an outlier for the kirby series.

Dark Nebula doesn't have any reason to destroy the background while transforming either yet that is what you claim he did. Kirby shows no reaction of horror either which is odd considering the loss of life that would have to had occur. And again the background changed colors during the fight. That alone is reason enough to believe illusions could be responsible. Bring your evidence that contradicts this instead of goinf off of memory.

... Xolon, I just said there's Dark Crafter, a being more powerful than Claycia who created Seventopia. "Outliers" ? Did you know that Magolor is universal, and that he was considered an outlier for Kirby ? Do you think there's a series in this wiki where every good feat is written off as "outlier" ?

So Nebula would have no reason to cause destruction when he awakens and unleashes his power ? Wat. Well then tell that to Nintendo, because that's what they're doing with most of Kirby's final bosses. Also, there's no "look of horror" in Kirby's face when destruction is caused in any of the other cases either. Even when an entire home universe full of planets with living beings collapsed in RtD... he didn't care. Also, "look of horror" is irrelevant and minor detail.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EjAV_WDo57Q Also, the background's color doesn't change. The galaxy stays blue if you watch closely, only the corners of the screen clearly change to red, green, blue depending on which elemental form Nebula is using. That's right, it's Nebula's color flashing the screen, not "illusions".

Fastsword88 said:
... Xolon, I just said there's Dark Crafter, a being more powerful than Claycia who created Seventopia. "Outliers" ? Did you know that Magolor is universal, and that he was considered an outlier for Kirby ? Do you think there's a series in this wiki where every good feat is written off as "outlier" ?
So Nebula would have no reason to cause destruction when he awakens and unleashes his power ? Wat. Well then tell that to Nintendo, because that's what they're doing with most of Kirby's final bosses. Also, there's no "look of horror" in Kirby's face when destruction is caused in any of the other cases either. Even when an entire home universe full of planets with living beings collapsed in RtD... he didn't care. Also, "look of horror" is irrelevant and minor detail.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EjAV_WDo57Q Also, the background's color doesn't change. The galaxy stays blue if you watch closely, only the corners of the screen clearly change to red, green, blue depending on which elemental form Nebula is using. That's right, it's Nebula's color flashing the screen, not "illusions".
We do not know the size of another dimension. There is no clear indication it is anything other than a small pocket dimension so Magalor is not universal.

Is Dark Crafter even part of the dark invader race? And creating seventopia is not that good of a feat if a timeframe isn't specified. He could've created things piece by piece over a long time.

He transformed. That isn't proof that he destroyed anything. You see it as his unleashing his power but there is no direct proof of that.

Nebula's current color flashing across the background would have to be an illusion unless he has some unknown power over color. And you still haven't provided that evidence that you "recalled" of Kirby coming back to the same setting and it being the same.

I know you're desperate for a boost for Kirby and the series dude but give it a rest and wait for something more conclusive. This vague cutscene isn't much of anything.

I won't argue with you over Magolor and Claycia, both of them were solved in previous threads (I didn't even take part in Magolor's thread lol), and I have no business going over them again.

Nebula was in a weakened state and trapped in a magical chess for 1000s of years. When he was freed from it, he was still dazed, but after a while, yes, he "awakened".

Wait... Nebula's body's flashy color reflected on the screen is an "illusion"... ? So when I'm flashing a lamp in a dark room, I'm creating an illusion ? Pay attention to your logic Xolon.

I posted that link there. Nebula dies, and keeps decomposing for several seconds, and everything remains the same. The cutscene where Kirby flies away that follows doesn't show one bit of the beautiful space that was destroyed.

It's not actually vague. Keep in mind that Lumine's feat was the same, and that this scene isn't something unheard of in the Kirby series (contrary to *cough*illusions*cough*)

Fastsword88 said:
I won't argue with you over Magolor and Claycia, both of them were solved in previous threads (I didn't even take part in Magolor's thread lol), and I have no business going over them again.

Nebula was in a weakened state and trapped in a magical chess for 1000s of years. When he was freed from it, he was still dazed, but after a while, yes, he "awakened".

Wait... Nebula's body's flashy color reflected on the screen is an "illusion"... ? So when I'm flashing a lamp in a dark room, I'm creating an illusion ? Pay attention to your logic Xolon.

I posted that link there. Nebula dies, and keeps decomposing for several seconds, and everything remains the same. The cutscene where Kirby flies away that follows doesn't show one bit of the beautiful space that was destroyed.

It's not actually vague. Keep in mind that Lumine's feat was the same, and that this scene isn't something unheard of in the Kirby series (contrary to *cough*illusions*cough*)
You can't change the color of the night sky with a color lamp. That is entirely different than a dark room.

He transformed. But that in and of itself is not proof he destroyed anything.

You don't have any proof Kirby isn't already far away from the setting of the fight he just fought when you see him flying away. All we know is he is somewhere in space.

It wouldn't be vague if there were actually any statements explicitly implying destruction happens in that scene. Yet there isn't.

Are you really trying to link luminosity with illusion magic ? Are you serious ? Btw, what you said about "it can't change the color of the night sky" is scientifically wrong.

In fact, do you realise that luminosity itself is energy and that it's possible to calculate how much energy is needed to outshine that much space like this and this ? Like in those calculations, it'll be 4-A.

You just ignored this : "Nebula dies, and keeps decomposing for several seconds, and everything remains the same."

As promised, I highlighted the thread after the AP revision project was done.

I am personally leaning towards Fastsword88's interpretation at this point.

I'm with Fastword here. I may have not fully understand all of this (it's been a while since i last saw this thread), but with what Fast's words (no pun intended) are on the matter of the feat(s) in question, i'm in support of the characters being upgraded.

@Fastsword

Fine. It's possible that the color didn't change because of it being an illusion.

However I maintain that because there is no clear indication destruction happens in that scene. That still means either teleportation or it being an illusion is possible.

And even if this were to be accepted. I'd say it'd just be an upgrade for Dark Nebula and is an outlier for Kirby just as fighting Magalor is. On average Kirby fights Large Planet Level opponents after all. And there's no indication of him getting a massive upgrade just for one or two games.

I previously explained multiple times that saying this is an outlier too is injustice against the series, Xolon. And like CGG already showed in the previous thread, even B. Waddle Dee is solid 5-A, and that's only by considering Pop Star to have a similar size to Earth, while it's not since the creators said that the stratosphere contains a "giant moon", making from Pop Star's stratosphere alone 3400+ kms wide while Earth's is only 34 to 42 kms wide. Imagine Pop Star's total size (I should do a calc about it sometime).

Fastsword88 said:
I previously explained multiple times that saying this is an outlier too is injustice against the series, Xolon. And like CGG already showed in the previous thread, even B. Waddle Dee is solid 5-A, and that's only by considering Pop Star to have a similar size to Earth, while it's not since the creators said that the stratosphere contains a "giant moon", making from Pop Star's stratosphere alone 3400+ kms wide while Earth's is only 34 to 42 kms wide. Imagine Pop Star's total size (I should do a calc about it sometime).
The moon being giant doesn't prove anything. Our moon is giant in comparison to a lot of things. So that doesn't mean the creators meant it Popstar is much larger than Earth.

Out of the 3 opponents that are in Megaton Punch (cause I assume that is what we're basing this off of) Waddle Dee is the weakest and can't punch through Popstar completely http://kirby.wikia.com/wiki/Megaton_Punch

Large Planet + is consistent for the series and most bosses are at that level. Even if we did assume complete fodder is planet level that wouldn't really contradict anything as Large Planet level +>>>>>Planet level.

So again. I believe Kirby should remain Large Planet Level + even if we do upgrade this one boss.

No, you didn't understand it right. It's not about the moon being giant, it's about Pop Star's stratosphere being large enough to contain it. And yes, if the stratosphere alone is 3400+ kms wide, then it proves how insanely large Pop Star is (there's no planet large enough to contain a moon in it's stratosphere), proving again that even 1 regular DM is on stellar levels as that'll be his Kinetic energy since he can reach that size while moving at relativistic speeds (and beyond).

No other series gets your kind of treatment Xolon. "Let's count Magolor as an outlier and see if Kirby has other good feats. What ? He also has several stellar feats ? Well I'll say they're all outliers. Let's limit Kirby to only his oldest and lowest showings. That's definitely fair."

Fastsword88 said:
No, you didn't understand it right. It's not about the moon being giant, it's about Pop Star's stratosphere being large enough to contain it. And yes, if the stratosphere alone is 3400+ kms wide, then it proves how insanely large Pop Star is (there's no planet large enough to contain a moon in it's stratosphere), proving again that even 1 regular DM is on stellar levels as that'll be his Kinetic energy since he can reach that size while moving at relativistic speeds (and beyond).
No other series gets your kind of treatment Xolon. "Let's count Magolor as an outlier and see if Kirby has other good feats. What ? He also has several stellar feats ? Well I'll say they're all outliers. Let's limit Kirby to only his oldest and lowest showings. That's definitely fair."
These are 2 outliers on entirely different levels. They don't even support eachother because of how far apart they are. They are both far above Kirby's consistent showings and there is no indication Kirby gets a significant powerup before fighting these enemies or from X game on. if this wasn't an outlier Kirby shouldn't have struggled against Queen Sectonia (he had to be saved by Dedede) which took place after Squeak Squad. Queen Sectonia is large planet level + at best like most other Kirby bosses. Does Kirby fluctuate between getting stronger and weaker between games?

And how does one sentence about the moon being large (which very well could've been meant redundantly) prove the Stratosphere is that much bigger? You are reaching with that stuff.

Hey Ant, I have a question. I found a new feat and here it is. Basically, in certain parts of the game, Kirby takes portals into a parallel universe, and then has to run away from a massive wave of unknown matter consuming said part of the universe, including all the celestial bodies we see in the background. However, Kirby can push away the wave of anti-matter under his own power and block it temporarily to buy time. Do you think "At least 4-A, possibly 3-C" would be more appropriate in this case ?

From the Kirby wiki : "Previously, throughout Kirby's adventures on Popstar and Halcandra, there are star-shaped rifts which can be revealed using Super Abilities throughout various stages which lead to dangerous places similar to Another Dimension. They have stark, dark purple environments which perpetually threaten to collapse onto itself" / "The main objective of doing so is to reveal a portal to unstable dimensional space perpetually erasing itself, in order to retrieve additional Energy Spheres"

@Xolon : "And how does one sentence about the moon being large (which very well could've been meant redundantly) prove the Stratosphere is that much bigger?"

Wait... are you doing this on purpose ? The sentence translates to "Kirby arrives in the stratosphere and there a new thing appears : a giant moon". There's no way you CAN'T understand the logic behind it.

The matter with Sectonia was solved with Saikou above. "Inconsistencies" is a thing by the way.

Fastsword88 said:
Hey Ant, I have a question. I found a new feat and here it is. Basically, in certain parts of the game, Kirby takes portals into a parallel universe, and then has to run away from a massive wave of unknown matter consuming said part of the universe, including all the celestial bodies we see in the background. However, Kirby can push away the wave of anti-matter under his own power and block it temporarily to buy time. Do you think "At least 4-A, possibly 3-C" would be more appropriate in this case ?
From the Kirby wiki : "Previously, throughout Kirby's adventures on Popstar and Halcandra, there are star-shaped rifts which can be revealed using Super Abilities throughout various stages which lead to dangerous places similar to Another Dimension. They have stark, dark purple environments which perpetually threaten to collapse onto itself" / "The main objective of doing so is to reveal a portal to unstable dimensional space perpetually erasing itself, in order to retrieve additional Energy Spheres"

@Xolon : "And how does one sentence about the moon being large (which very well could've been meant redundantly) prove the Stratosphere is that much bigger?"

Wait... are you doing this on purpose ? The sentence translates to "Kirby arrives in the stratosphere and there a new thing appears : a giant moon". There's no way you CAN'T understand the logic behind it.

The matter with Sectonia was solved with Saikou above. "Inconsistencies" is a thing by the way.
You want to claim that anything other than the outlier you want to push is an inconsistency? Bull. The Dark Nebula and Magalor things would be inconsistencies if anything. They are in the minority.

Kirby sees a moon in the distance. I don't think that is literally meant to be taken as the moon is in the stratopshere. We've seen the moon much farther out in other games. Like when the moon and sun are fighting in space they are faarrrr away from Popstar.

Kirby pushing back a wall of anti-matter seemed to me like a game mechanic made so the player would be able to have enough time to escape.

First off, stop quoting everything. You're creating large walls of text and that makes reading the thread diffcult.

... I think I said that's been solved, but outliers aren't so easily distribued. It's not about "the minority" and whatnot. If it were, then Mario wouldn't be planetary, the FF7 main cast wouldn't be stellar, the FF3 cast wouldn't be cosmic, ect. The greatest feats are almost always in the minority. You're saying it should be an outlier because you want it to be, and via excuses that never applied to the other series.

That's a different moon from the one outside Pop Star. And... you "don't think it's in the stratosphere" ? Of course ! Because you definitely hold the authority over the creators of the game who said it is. Definitely.

Ah, so that's what the OBD members meant when they said that some people misunderstand what gameplay mechanics are.

When did Mario become planetary? I'm pretty sure he's still city level. And i'd consider FF7 or FF3 different cases. They are each their own universe. Instead of it being a series with the same cast doing different things it is entirely different casts each time so one game can have a cast much weaker than another game. Kirby is a character across one series. He has enough feats to determine what is and what isn't an outlier for him.

You're assuming the Creators explicitly said "the moon is in the stratoshphere". Did they say those exact words? And even if they did they contradicted themselves with the placement of the sun and moon in Kirby Super Star/Super Star Ultra. The Source Material takes precedence over word of god. It cannot be a different moon. It was explicitly said in the source material that "the sun and the moon are fighting" not a moon and the sun. Popstar only has one moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back