• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

More hax for Zeref

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna look into the transmutation thing and see if we have a different ability. Imo it doesn't really classify as it but as far as I'm aware it's the closest thing we've got at the moment.

Transformation is the ability to transform parts of one body or slightly modify their forms through external power-ups, gradual mutations over a period of time, or through limited or uncontrollable change in form.

This doesn't fit for a couple reasons. Zeref isn't transforming parts or slightly modifying the body. He turned the entire giant dragon into a normal sized and shaped woman. It's not a power up, gradual mutation, or an uncontrollable/limited change in form. What's limited is that her body retains dragon qualities, not that anything of her is still shaped like a dragon. Her human body is perfectly human from the outside perspective.

It is definitely a limited change in form, Dragon Emp...she's still not completely human and she doesn't lose any of her dragon related abilities.

It innately can't be transmutation because Zeref didn't alter her in any actual way, he only changed her appearance.

Putting it under transmutation, when something else suits it much better is not good.

I don't know anything about riodan gods, but more than likely when they change people into animals they change much more than appearance.

Hiiro is another character who can change the appearance of himself and others, but putting transmutation in his profile's power and abilities section would be very confusing and overall not a good representative of what his power actually is...which....honestly, I forgot to put that ability on his profile.

The form's not what is limited. Dragons just feel that way. Let me put it this way, if Zeref had managed to remove her lack of not feeling things, then it would be power null as that's part of being a dragon. Altering her appearance is changing her. Her scales became skin, and her claws turned into nails.

The person who is turned into an animal still has the ability to think like a person. Other than that, there's not really any special differences between human and animals for it to be changed more than appearance.

We should only use transformation or shapeshifting for characters that can transform themselves to different degrees. Transmutation means transforming other people or objects.

Beast Zero Gudako said:
This sounds more like Zeref giving Shapeshifting ability to Irene. It doesn't seem like he Transmutate her.
I agree with this.

"Transmutation means transforming other people or objects."

I personally think that is much too confusing in this case.....honestly, if transformation or shapeshifting doesn't fit then an entirely new page should be made for these types of abilities for it to be made more accurate. Something like powerlisting wiki's Reshaping or something.

I'm still fine with transmutation, this isn't exactly something that's combat applicable however. He isn't changing her or her abilities, instead he's just changing her physically appearance. That being said power bestowal can also work in this circumstance.

Transmutation is fine. We don't need too many redundant sub-category powers.

However, I would appreciate if somebody can find a better .gif animation, or maybe comicbook scan, to use as an example, as the one we have now makes me dizzy to look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back