• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

More Digimon Feats - The Royal Knights' Hax Resistance and Yggdrasil's Timeline Mincing Feat

Reppuzan

VS Battles
Retired
It's been a while since I've posted one of these, but I found a few more that might be worth looking at:

Royal Knights Hax Resistance
I should have written this on that Blog I wrote back in July, but I might as well get these evaluated first. As the subtitle implies, the Royal Knights have shown incredible resistance to the bread and butter hax of tier 2s: Time Manipulation, Spatial Manipulation, and Reality Warping. When and where:

Let's start with the game they got their butts kicked in. In the little known Cathode/D-1/Brave Tamer series, the Royal Knights attempt to stop ZeedMilleniummon from tearing the timelines apart. Naturally, due to the insane gap in power, they were handily defeated. But was notable is that while they were defeated, they weren't annihilated, erased from existence, BFR'd, or otherwise haxed to death. They came back heavily injured but alive, despite the fact that Zeed's casual attacks invoke all of these things.

While this may have been a case of PIS, this is not a standalone incident:

In Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, Omnimon and Omegamon faced down the Mother Eater, who has similar powers (Information Manipulation, Time Manipulation, Space Manipulation, Reality Warping, et. cetera due to managing the Digital World's space-time) and defeated it with the help of the protagonists.

The majority of the Royal Knights attacked an artificial ZeedMilleniummon in the Digimon Xros Wars manga. Granted, they didn't do jack then either, but even then they were able to escape his reality destruction abilities and such. It helped that this Zeed was berserk and didn't particularly care about fighting the Knights directly, but my point still stands.

Finally, in Digimon Savers/Data Squad, Yggdrasil didn't erase the Royal Knights from existence when they turned against him, allowing them to stall for time by temporarily stopping the Digital World from crashing into the Human World (mind you, both are universe sized as I've proven before). Thus I'm led to believe that it wasn't that he didn't (since it would further his plans) but he couldn't, despite displaying the power over life and death (i.e. bringing back the main character's father even though his very soul was destroyed).

Thus I'm led to believe that the Royal Knights have insane levels of hax resistance to these abilities and their derivatives (i.e. Information Manipulation)

Next up, Yggdrasil itself.

Yggdrasil's Timeline Mincing
In the Digital Monsters: X-Evolution movie, Yggdrasil pulled a radical move and wiped out 99% of the Digimon population with a special virus that annihilated their Digicores due to overpopulation.

This is fine and dandy, but what he did afterward is more interesting.

It then proceeded to divide up the Digital World's timeline to prevent this from happening again. Dividing past, present and future into three separate planes, Yggdrasil managed to preserve the history of the Digital World while leaving plenty of elbow room for the survivors he chose. As a result, it and the Royal Knights are able to traverse between them freely in order to enforce order (and put down the X-Antibody rebels who were pretty pissed off at the fact that being they practically worshiped had tried to kill them and that they barely survived by pulling a last-second evolution that permanently changed their form).

My point? The Royal Knights were able to traverse between past, present, and future regularly to complete the missions delegated to them by Yggdrasil.

So on top of being a crazy Space-Time feat, this also may count as an Infinite Speed/Immeasurable Speed feat.

This is corroborated by the fact that while the Royal Knights were handily defeated by Zeed in the example I mentioned earlier, they were also able to actually hit him (to no avail due to his absorption abilities, but still notable).

Some input, thoughts, and criticisms would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I found a neat compilation of Yggdrasil's feats at this link. Unfortunately, it's entirely in Spanish, but it's so neatly and grammatically well written that it actually comes out nicely if plugged into Google Translate.

This seems pretty legit to me. A cool thing is that if I read this right, the hax resistance thing would scale to the 5-B and 3-A incarnations of the Royal Knights as well.

Also to add to these, I believe the Cyber Sleuth incarnation of the Royal Knights would also have Immeasurable Lifting Strength scaling off of Yuugo's feat. Thoughts on that?

The hax resistences and Immeasurable Lifting Strength (From Darkanine's comment) seem fine to me.

Not sure about the timeline mincing thing.

Quick question, what exactly makes the Mother Eater's Lifting Strength Immeasurable?

Hax resistance seems fine.

I dunno about timeline mincing stuff.

Like with Ever and Prom, the hax resistance seems alright to me (especially since i trust you, Reppuzan, when it comes to anything regarding Digimon).

I am not sure about the Timeline mincing much like the the former two, however...

Fair enough then.

Can I apply their hax resistance to the profiles then?

Just adding more information about the New DW terminals.

Here's the Pendulum X game website with this informatio . What is said about it is:

The New Digital World is divided into three layers.

Ancient species like dinosaurs thrive in the past.

A wide variety of species are born in the present.

Many species of compound artificial evolution comprise the future.

Here's the world that you move from one layer to the next even also beyond time! (This part of the text was strange to translate, I used several translators and asked the opinion of a friend who knows a bit of Japanese, in general the idea is that by the time is overcome to move to the next layer. The cards about this game in general comment about a journey that transcends space-time as the Bx-144 or Bx-133 )

What happened in New DW was not the Digital World timeline of the division. Yggdrasil abandoned the old digital world and created a new digital world that originally was separated into three that are representing the present (Versandi), past (Ulud) and future (Skuld). That was temporary to begin a new project where the data processing would not be linked more to Yggdrasil, in the future this project was replaced by Stellar Memorials;

I'm not sure if we can use TCG for feats, the cards descriptions are usually all over the place (they also claim that Metal Tyranomon and Juptiermon are omnipotent for example). Since text for the timeline feat is hard to come by, I think "At least Low 2-C, possibly 2-C" could work.

Edit: I just realized that these hax resistances would probably also scale to Ryo Akiyama since he also fought Zeed.

Call someone omnipotent can be considered just a hyperbole, on the other hand the descriptions of these cards are either the history of Pendulun X itself (like the Bx-133) or something that actually appeared in history (like the Bx-144 because the Bx-133 showed that Alphamon really transcended space-time and went to Skuld). (And the "omnipotence" of Jupitermon is because of its relation to Yggdrasil that was shown in Digimon Crusader)

Most of the field cards (In this period, which is between 20 and Booster Boster 23. Other types of cards are also part of the "chapters" )clearly show the history of the Pendulum X as described in Digimon Chronicle booklet , do not have reason for these descriptions are hyperbole or something to be disregarded after all it is the history that has been mentioned.

Back