• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

More Cyborg vs Ninja: Wolf (Sekiro) vs Xero (Xionic Madness)

Mr. Bambu

Suffer-Not-Injustice Bambu
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Calculation Group
Silver Supporter
If a theme ain't broke, don't fix it. Suggested by Prom.

Wolf vs Xero, 8-B keys used. Speed is equalized, as usual, fight takes place in the Folding Screen Monkeys boss arena. Just to even out abilities, Wolf has knowledge on the workings of Xero's weapons (Aeroblade, Bloodwire, so yes including the blood-made stuff, etc) and Xero has knowledge of Wolf's weapons (All shinobi tools included).

Each start at a range of 80 meters on opposite sides of the boss arena. Who wins and why?

Wolf: 2 (Promestein, Steven)

Xero:

Inconclusive:

Xero - XM3
SekiroWolf

Wolf's got a pretty noticeable AP advantage, but at such a distance, Xero's got the advantage with his various ranged options, and with his knowledge of Wolf's tools he's sure to at least attempt to avoid the worst of them. Wolf has ranged options but they aren't as powerful or as long-ranged as Xero's (homing chainsaw shuriken, bows, ejectable knifeblades, the bloodwires). His clones can help in keeping Wolf from getting too close.

I'm not sure who has the more impressive skill feats. Wolf's beaten more skilled opponents than Xero has, but Xero annihilates droves of less skilled people without trying. Either way, Xero won't be able to permanently kill Wolf, even if he can take off a few limbs, but that won't be easy given the durability and AP advantages.

Given resurrection, I'd say Wolf is likely to win eventually, but it'd be a long, protracted fight given Xero's endurance and combat style, and Wolf would definitely get pretty ****** up thanks to things like the Aeroblade.

Clones can be hard-countered by Snap Seeds, which function to get rid of "illusions" (essentially anything fake, in this case they can very much have physical form and harm Wolf, Lady Butterfly even used it to create her duplicate).

Xero is also stronger than them, I thought? Wolf scales to Gyoubu, who defeated an army of similar AP people (a single one of them was a mini boss later in the game, after Gyoubu) through sheer skill and was considered a good balance to the rest of that army coming to invade. Until you kill him, anyways, at which point everyone just sorta dies.

I honestly think the Aeroblade is Xero's best bet, considering it allows really accurate attacking. Same for Bloodwire, but with the prior knowledge Wolf is sure to avoid that given he knows his own weaknesses.

Just some thoughts on the subject, not terribly knowledgeable on Xionic so feel free to correct me if I made some false assumptions.

Illusions ca have physical form, though, and many illusions can cause real physical harm in fiction. Xero's clones aren't illusions and aren't fake, either. And while Xero is a lot stronger than them, he does have a clear skill advantage, but that's true.

Yeah. I think Wolf's more likely to fight smarter than Xero, who has a tendency to be reckless even if he can play keep-away well.

Not necessarily though. If the illusion left the opponent unharmed physically after it is over, then chances are they just affecting the mind of the opponent. So it does varied case by case and thus doesn't mean they are consistently shown to be the case all of the time anyway. I prefer to kept a objective view if possible when I can.

Lady Butterfly's illusions harm you physically yes, but not sure about Xero's duplicate though.

Wolf can counter Xero's light arrows with lightning reversal (which is basically redirecting it back to his opponent which he has done to Genichiro)

I guess Wolf FRA unless something changes my mind.

Back