• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

More Attack Potency Clarifications

VenomElite

VS Battles
Retired
So Andytrenom and I were talking and he belives we need to describe our standards for Building level, Mountain level, Country level, etc. like we do for Planet level (our standard is Earth for baseline) or Galaxy level (our standard is the Milky Way for baseline). I agree with him, but what do you lot think?

I do not think that we have clear calculated specific standards for that.

It is something that will eventually likely have to be revised, but we definitely do not have the time and energy available to update thousands of profiles at the moment.

How would this even work for building or mountain level? It works for Planet and Galaxy level because we know the size of the earth and milky way (unless clarified differently by the series), but the size of buildings varies massively in almost everything.

Would we need to find the size of a building that requires the exact energy to destroy as baseline building level?

Why do we have mountain level listed as what it is in the first place? Surely there's a basis for it

Yeah, stuff like buildings aren't really a specific size. The more important part is the calculated value.

I'm unsure of what this entails, especially because busting a mountain is normally less than mountain level, but this wouldn't have us to change thousands of pages.

Well, what Sera suggests is more the area of the calc group to discuss in their own forum, rather than a highlighted public thread.

I know Cyprus Island was our standard for Island level; but Small and Large mostly just used well rounded numbers like 1 or 100 Kilo/Mega/Giga/Teratons respectively. Reppuzan basically said 9-A was like a one room cabin or shed, Building was an average neighborhood house; could be 1 to 2 stories and consist of multiple bedrooms + Kitchen and living room. And Large Building level I heard was a skyscraper, like the Empire State Building. Destroying Castles or Temples for example have actually been calced in the 8-A to Low 7-B range given the width to height ratio however.

Forget what our standard for Mountain or Country levels were. But I'd also say destroying a Neighborhood or a village smaller than a town would be 8-A also.

@Sera

Are you willing to start a thread in the calc group forum, and invite DontTalkDT and all of the current calc group members to take part?

After that we can remove the highlight to this thread and close it.

Back