• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Morbius vs Homelander (Sony vs The Boys) (3-7-0)

The Superhero of All Time vs An Actual Good Villan

Transformed Morbius is Used

Speed is Equal

Both start 10m away

Neither have any prior knowledge on their opponent

Who Wins?

Morbius: 3 (Acer_, Bernkastelll, SheevShezarrine)

Homelander: 7 (Wurm, MonzyMonz, FantaRin_The_First, ItsOnlyDanny3, Popted2, Qawsedf234, MARVEL_Future_Fight_Gamer)

Incon: 0 ()

Last edited:
Homelander via range. Morbius can heal, sure, but Homelander's laser eyes are too fast to avoid, and he doesn't have a reliable way to survive them or block them. Homelander is also more experienced than Morbius, thanks to his years as a cooperate supe, and him having two legitimate fights to his name against opponents that are more skilled then him, as well as surviving a 3v1 battle. His enhanced senses would also nullify Morbius' stealth, effecitvly removing that from the equation.

Looks like Morbius won't be seeing the second weekend after all.

Voting Homelander.

He definitely is not more experienced combat wise for now. As his years as a supe, he has easily dispatched of anyone until soldier boy got involved.

Anyways, I also vote Homelander because laser eyes go brrr and I think his AP is superior to Morby’s.

He definitely is not more experienced combat wise for now. As his years as a supe, he has easily dispatched of anyone until soldier boy got involved.

Anyways, I also vote Homelander because laser eyes go brrr and I think his AP is superior to Morby’s.
Sup, Acer__ here, I helped create the Morb profile.
Morbius’s AP is near baseline High 8-C (v.frag is used, so given the higher end it is 1.969 tons) while Homies is baseline 8-C+ (For overpowering maeve who survived 1.03 tons with little issue)
His Regen also works fairly, He got brutalized by Milo in terms of getting beaten down and got back up after a few moments, and his is equal to if not better than Martine’s who came back from death after being ripped in the neck from her vampire Regen.
Also his animal manipulation can bring in Bats which as a swarm were able to overpower Milo (Guy who caused 1.969 ton attack casually)
And, his perception manipulation has caused objects faster than him (like bullets) to slow to a crawl (as we saw in his base form), so he does actually have a reliable way of getting around the laser vision

Morbius’s AP is near baseline High 8-C (v.frag is used, so given the higher end it is 1.969 tons) while Homies is baseline 8-C+ (For overpowering maeve who survived 1.03 tons with little issue)
His Regen also works fairly, He got brutalized by Milo in terms of getting beaten down and got back up after a few moments, and his is equal to if not better than Martine’s who came back from death after being ripped in the neck from her vampire Regen.
Also his animal manipulation can bring in Bats which as a swarm were able to overpower Milo (Guy who caused 1.969 ton attack casually)
And, his perception manipulation has caused objects faster than him (like bullets) to slow to a crawl (as we saw in his base form), so he does actually have a reliable way of getting around the laser vision
I did heavily consider Morbius taking it due to this, but I think I should bring Homelander's far superior Lifting Strength in. He could easily restrain Morbius and fry his brains like he did to Stillwell. I don't know if his regen can repair organ damage or not, but that is an option.

I did heavily consider Morbius taking it due to this, but I think I should bring Homelander's far superior Lifting Strength in. He could easily restrain Morbius and fry his brains like he did to Stillwell. I don't know if his regen can repair organ damage or not, but that is an option.
It can, atleast I believe it can, yeah Low-Mid can regenerate organ damage, and Martine did get ripped open by Milo at the neck.
also he grabs by the face leaving Morb’s hands open to still slash and stab

It can, atleast I believe it can, yeah Low-Mid can regenerate organ damage, and Martine did get ripped open by Milo at the neck.
also he grabs by the face leaving Morb’s hands open to still slash and stab
He could just as easily bear hug him from behind and shoot him through the back of the head. Also, being ripped apart and having the wounds cauterized after each shot are very different things.

He could just as easily bear hug him from behind and shoot him through the back of the head.
that’s his preferred method, it’s more likely to assume he’ll do that
Also, being ripped apart and having the wounds cauterized after each shot are very different things.
Yeah they are, but you’re forgetting about his animal manipulation and summoning, Homelanders gonna have to get through swarms of bats when only a relatively small percent of them were able to harm somebody casually stronger than Homelander
so it’s not exactly like getting that grab off is the easiest thing in the world

I assume Morby can’t survive decapitation giving his regen rating, Homelander would just go for his neck with his laser eyes and it’s over. Of course that’s only after he catches Micheal beforehand and regenerates because it’s not in character to do that right off the bat. However, wouldn’t he straight away notice given his enhanced senses?

As for his perception manipulation, it may not be effective for Homie’s heat vision as I am sure it is way faster than a bullet.

As someone already stated, Homelander’s far superior LS puts Morb at a disadvantage if he gets caught.

The bat summoning is interesting, but you know what would be effective against it? The laser eyes (again…he relies way too much on it) excels in removing groups considering the scene where he gets rid of a crowd of people (Yes, this was his imagination. Still, I believe the point is valid and gives us a demonstration of his power).

So those are my points for Homelander, in conclusion, he relies a lot on heat vision. Therefore, there’s a possibility Morb uses his genius intelligence and swipes the supe’s eyes out. The sharp claws may actually come in clutch lol. Of course that’s assuming he gets near in the first place.

Does Morbius open with bats? from what I remember, he only called in the bats after a decently long fight Homelander is more likely to do his best to use his laser vision, due to it often being his opening move. Once called, the bats have to get there, which could take a while. On top of that, Homelander could break the sound barrier to disable the bats entirely.

I assume Morby can’t survive decapitation giving his regen rating, Homelander would just go for his neck with his laser eyes and it’s over. Of course that’s only after he catches Micheal beforehand and regenerates because it’s not in character to do that right off the bat. However, wouldn’t he straight away notice given his enhanced senses?

As for his perception manipulation, it may not be effective for Homie’s heat vision as I am sure it is way faster than a bullet.

As someone already stated, Homelander’s far superior LS puts Morb at a disadvantage if he gets caught.

The bat summoning is interesting, but you know what would be effective against it? The laser eyes (again…he relies way too much on it) excels in removing groups considering the scene where he gets rid of a crowd of people (Yes, this was his imagination. Still, I believe the point is valid and gives us a demonstration of his power).

So those are my points for Homelander, in conclusion, he relies a lot on heat vision. Therefore, there’s a possibility Morb uses his genius intelligence and swipes the supe’s eyes out. The sharp claws may actually come in clutch lol. Of course that’s assuming he gets near in the first place and there’s the fact that the supe can fly and force an incon.
Morbius can fly. he does so twice in the movie. The train scene, and in the finale. other than that, you're spot on.

So those are my points for Homelander, in conclusion, he relies a lot on heat vision. Therefore, there’s a possibility Morb uses his genius intelligence and swipes the supe’s eyes out. The sharp claws may actually come in clutch lol. Of course that’s assuming he gets near in the first place.
That is, actually an accurate summary, it would be what Morb whould go for given his high intelligence.
But also Homelanders eyes are noted as having a higher speed than he is, so I think it Would be similar here.

The bat summoning is an odd thing because we only saw it at the end of the movie, but when he learned he could do it, it was the first thing he did. Again I’m only suggesting it as a distraction really lol

AP
  • Morbius: Scales to withstand a 7,004,000,000 Joule feat
  • Homelander: The calc is a bit weird, but the end used seems to be 8-C+ which would mean that the 1.50156436769 tons of TNT or 6,282,545,314 end is being used
So for scale we do have to considering the following
  • Morbius is scaling to a feat that directly harmed him, but didn't kill him
  • Homelander is upscaling to a feat where he took an attack with zero damage and then is notably superior to people who can directly harm him
Basically while Morbius' feat is 1.11x higher than Homelander's, I think that with the scaling chains both are more or less even or around the same level

Lifting Strength
  • Morbius: Being nice lets say he scales to the max end of peak human at 545.2 kilograms
  • Homelander: Is able to directly contend with three people who scale to a Class 25 feat and overpower two of them at once when needed.
So without including the possibility that Homelander can lift a 180 metric ton plane, then at the bare minimum he's 21x to 30x Morbius' lifting strength. This means that Homelander's more go to options of just choking you are are valid strategies in this case (think his 1vs1 against Maeve and Soldier Boy).

Powers and Abilities

Morbius
  • Genius Intelligence: Morbius is very smart, however, this is limited to science and medicine. Morbius does not show tactical genius and can't wip out hard counters to Homelander on the fly easily. While an advantage this probably doesn't mean much ultimately.
  • Stealth Mastery: While the justification is absolute trash, lets assume its still true. Homelander can see through objects, can measure someone's blood pressure and can smell that Maeve had sex with Billy. Morbius does not have the stealth feats to suggest he can counter Homelander's senses
  • Acrobatics/Flight: Useful since it means one of Homelander's major ways to create distance or control the battlefield are useless
  • Bodily Weaponry: This is a notably advantage, since due to their close AP range having any force multiplier would give Morbius the ability to inflict notable damage on Homelander. We've seen that Maeve with strong enough items can stab Homelander in an area to debilitate him, which is something Morbius could also do
  • Regen: Means that Morbius can heal from non-critical or fatal wounds fast-ish
  • Animal Control: While most people would write this off, well they're likely right. Homelander's durability means that he's not going to be damaged by them and unlike Milo and Morbius with their weak af lifting strength isn't going to be held down by a bunch of bats rushing him
Homelander
  • Heat Vision: His heat beams can melt through people, give superhumans third degree burns, melt guns, cut through planes and instantly heat up a gun to 500 degrees F. Now the big thing is the plane:
    • The plane involved him reaching 477 C/890.6 F to 1,120 C/2,048 F with his heat vision. Morbius while durable enough to survive it going by Billy, Maeve and Soldier Boy; completely lacks any heat resistance to imply he could withstand the burns.
  • While not listed Homelander is shown to be a comparable or better fighter than both Billy and Maeve. The former of who was a former British Royal Marines and a skilled fighter, along with Maeve who's trained in a couple styles and explicitly trained to fight Homelander and only did as well as she did because he wasn't actually trying to fight her 70% of the time.
Conclusion

Overall Morbius' main edge is his claws and ability to withstand minor levels of damage. Homelander's advantages are a lot more numerous: He hard counters or easily deals with the majority of Morbius' powers, his lifting strength is notably superior to the point where he's at the bare minimum 21 times stronger than Morbius, his heat vision can inflict lethal heat damage and he's likely more skilled in fighting.

In the end for Morbius to win he needs to get in a lethal claw swipe on Homelander. For Homelander to win he can choke out Morbius or put him in an unbreakable hold or hit him with heat vision similar to Ryan's on Stormfront. Overall while Morbius' win conditions aren't impossible to reach, Homelander's heat vision has consistently shown that it can hit people as fast as Homelander with no issue and he possess an insurmountable lifting strength advantage. In the end Homelander's win conditions are just far easier for him to achieve in my view.

So something like 8-9/10 for Homelander. With his loses coming down to being to cocky and Morbius doing critical damages early in the fight (such as blinding Homelander or cutting his neck) and exploiting that for a win.

I tried to update the results the best I could. Currently it's 2 for morbius, 6 for homelander, and 1 for incon

AP
  • Homelander: The calc is a bit weird, but the end used seems to be 8-C+ which would mean that the 1.50156436769 tons of TNT or 6,282,545,314 end is being used
So for scale we do have to considering the following
  • Morbius is scaling to a feat that directly harmed him, but didn't kill him
  • Homelander is upscaling to a feat where he took an attack with zero damage and then is notably superior to people who can directly harm him
Basically while Morbius' feat is 1.11x higher than Homelander's, I think that with the scaling chains both are more or less even or around the same level

Lifting Strength
  • Morbius: Being nice lets say he scales to the max end of peak human at 545.2 kilograms
  • Homelander: Is able to directly contend with three people who scale to a Class 25 feat and overpower two of them at once when needed.
So without including the possibility that Homelander can lift a 180 metric ton plane, then at the bare minimum he's 21x to 30x Morbius' lifting strength. This means that Homelander's more go to options of just choking you are are valid strategies in this case (think his 1vs1 against Maeve and Soldier Boy).

Powers and Abilities

Morbius
  • Genius Intelligence: Morbius is very smart, however, this is limited to science and medicine. Morbius does not show tactical genius and can't wip out hard counters to Homelander on the fly easily. While an advantage this probably doesn't mean much ultimately.
  • Stealth Mastery: While the justification is absolute trash, lets assume its still true. Homelander can see through objects, can measure someone's blood pressure and can smell that Maeve had sex with Billy. Morbius does not have the stealth feats to suggest he can counter Homelander's senses
  • Acrobatics/Flight: Useful since it means one of Homelander's major ways to create distance or control the battlefield are useless
  • Bodily Weaponry: This is a notably advantage, since due to their close AP range having any force multiplier would give Morbius the ability to inflict notable damage on Homelander. We've seen that Maeve with strong enough items can stab Homelander in an area to debilitate him, which is something Morbius could also do
  • Regen: Means that Morbius can heal from non-critical or fatal wounds fast-ish
  • Animal Control: While most people would write this off, well they're likely right. Homelander's durability means that he's not going to be damaged by them and unlike Milo and Morbius with their weak af lifting strength isn't going to be held down by a bunch of bats rushing him
Homelander
  • Heat Vision: His heat beams can melt through people, give superhumans third degree burns, melt guns, cut through planes and instantly heat up a gun to 500 degrees F. Now the big thing is the plane:
    • The plane involved him reaching 477 C/890.6 F to 1,120 C/2,048 F with his heat vision. Morbius while durable enough to survive it going by Billy, Maeve and Soldier Boy; completely lacks any heat resistance to imply he could withstand the burns.
  • While not listed Homelander is shown to be a comparable or better fighter than both Billy and Maeve. The former of who was a former British Royal Marines and a skilled fighter, along with Maeve who's trained in a couple styles and explicitly trained to fight Homelander and only did as well as she did because he wasn't actually trying to fight her 70% of the time.
Conclusion

Overall Morbius' main edge is his claws and ability to withstand minor levels of damage. Homelander's advantages are a lot more numerous: He hard counters or easily deals with the majority of Morbius' powers, his lifting strength is notably superior to the point where he's at the bare minimum 21 times stronger than Morbius, his heat vision can inflict lethal heat damage and he's likely more skilled in fighting.

In the end for Morbius to win he needs to get in a lethal claw swipe on Homelander. For Homelander to win he can choke out Morbius or put him in an unbreakable hold or hit him with heat vision similar to Ryan's on Stormfront. Overall while Morbius' win conditions aren't impossible to reach, Homelander's heat vision has consistently shown that it can hit people as fast as Homelander with no issue and he possess an insurmountable lifting strength advantage. In the end Homelander's win conditions are just far easier for him to achieve in my view.

So something like 8-9/10 for Homelander. With his loses coming down to being to cocky and Morbius doing critical damages early in the fight (such as blinding Homelander or cutting his neck) and exploiting that for a win.
And his perception manipulation?
Currently he (while superhuman) made bullets >Mach 1.0 appear as a crawl to him, and he does this multiple times in the movie.
And again, as stated above, the bats hurt Milo, they didn’t just hold him down, they genuinely hurt him, that’s striking strength.
Homelander could just laser vision, but isn’t his entire personality that he’s a cocky asshole? There’s 1 part of Morbius needing to win, and the second part is easier with his reliance on one move, which goes in a straight line, which Morbius can slow his perception of, which will help massively in dodging

Currently he (while superhuman) made bullets >Mach 1.0 appear as a crawl to him
They were never slowed by that much. They were still moving notable distances, just at a slower pace. Like the first time it triggers for Morbius the bullet still notably outpaces him.

However that is something that I didn't seriously consider, but we also have no real metric on how much it slows. Them being in a close enough distance would also mean that he still might to be able to avoid it.

They were never slowed by that much. They were still moving notable distances, just at a slower pace. Like the first time it triggers for Morbius the bullet still notably outpaces him.

However that is something that I didn't seriously consider, but we also have no real metric on how much it slows. Them being in a close enough distance would also mean that he still might to be able to avoid it.
Yeah it noticeably outpaces him but without it he would have been shot through the head multiple times.
Thats the thing, it was an attack which moved several times faster than him (currently with our calcs nearly 10x I believe) and it slowed to the point where he could dodge it with minor difficulty.
Imagine what that would do to attacks on his level

Thats the thing, it was an attack which moved several times faster than him (currently with our calcs nearly 10x I believe) and it slowed to the point where he could dodge it with minor difficulty.
Well that's for his base form. The forms being used both actually outspeed the bullets that fired them going by our calcs (429 m/s vs 370 m/s and 549 m/s vs 375 m/s). So for all we know its less that Morbius has enhanced reactions as much as his reaction speed just is never decreased while his normal speed is.

Well that's for his base form. The forms being used both actually outsped the bullets that fired them going by our calcs (429 m/s vs 370 m/s and 549 m/s vs 375 m/s). So for all we know its less that Morbius has enhanced reactions as much as his reaction speed just is never decreased while his normal speed is.
That makes a lot less sense then his perception manipulation, given that it activates moments later for the train he directly flies by and later outspeeds, but he can brutalized by Milo in the same key moments earlier, where he couldn’t even react

That makes a lot less sense then his perception manipulation, given that it activates moments later for the train he directly flies by and later outspeeds, but he can brutalized by Milo in the same key moments earlier, where he couldn’t even react
Well for the scorpion scene going by this gif the bullet becomes visible at 5.30 seconds and crosses Morbius' entire body width by 6.42 seconds. From what I could find average torso widths for men are 46cm to 52cm.
  • .046 / 370 = 0.000124 seconds
  • .052 / 370 = 0.000140 seconds
But that still may not mean a lot
  • Homelander is rated at 1,558 m/s which would place his reaction time at 0.000641 seconds
  • Homelander's heat vision regularly is shown to cross vast distances without people of comparable speeds being able to react to it
So overall while an advantage, I'm not sure if that hard counters his heat vision since its consistently shown to be far superior speed wise to his movement speed.

AP
It's not, the end used is 1.02106377003 tons. Also, there only one end in that calc.

Back