• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monsters of Pure Rage

Both 6-C and speed is equalized

T:

D:

I:

So Tyranitar has basically every single edge in this fight. It's stronger in both AP and LS, faster, more versatile and arguably smarter depending on who you ask.

Intelligence: High (Has a higher weakness to the Dragon Element than the average hunter: Deviljho has -15% resistance, while the average hunter has 0% resistance, and despite being mostly driven by hunger and rage, it can specifically choose its prey)

I do not even understand this justification. At least, not the first part; What does an Elemental Weakness have to do with its Intelligence?

What is a Deviljiho's typical behaviour in combat?

As for Tyranitar's....
GoldIts body can’t be harmed by any sort of attack, so it is very eager to make challenges against enemies.
SilverExtremely strong, it can change the landscape. It has an insolent nature that makes it not care about others.
Ruby
Sapphire
TYRANITAR is so overwhelmingly powerful, it can bring down a whole mountain to make its nest. This POKéMON wanders about in mountains seeking new opponents to fight.
Ultra MoonThis Pokémon is a mobile disaster, leaving mountains crumbled and houses destroyed in its wake.
ShieldThe quakes caused when it walks make even great mountains crumble and change the surrounding terrain.
Brilliant Diamond
Shining Pearl
If it rampages, it knocks down mountains and buries rivers. Maps must be redrawn afterward.

But this is the 6-C Key, which means it's Mega Tyranitar.

Ultra SunDue to the colossal power poured into it, this Pokémon’s back split right open. Its destructive instincts are the only thing keeping it moving.
Ultra MoonThe effects of Mega Evolution make it more ferocious than ever. It’s unclear whether it can even hear its Trainer’s orders.

So uhhh yeah.
SBA still says they begin aware of one another & already intent on fighting, right? Because if so, we can forget the "wander looking for opponents to fight" part, it's just straight up going to "challenge"/attack Deviljiho, AFAIK, probably being very inconsiderate & destructive.

Because of Tyranitar's Sand Stream Ability, it will cause a Sandstorm immediately. Aside from residual damage & perhaps an obscured field of view for Deviljiho if it's not immune, in gameplay, Sandstorm gives Rock types a 50% Sp. Def boost. Assuming that applies here, Tyranitar would be 50% more durable against non-Physical/"Special" attacks than its unmodified (Mega) Durability.

Based on behaviour, I'd speculate that likely moves (Level-Up) include Stomping Tantrum, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Rock Throw, Screech, Thrash, & Hyper Beam.
Maybe Scary Face, Leer, &/or its biting moves &/or Tackle?
I assume those moves because Mega Tyranitar is implied to be operating on nothing BUT destructive instinct. Arguably, it could be implied it'd faint or such if not for them, especially depending on the implications of its back being split open.

Egg Moves are probably stuff like Pursuit, Stomp, Outrage, & Iron Head.
It does have options like Iron Defense, Dragon Dance, Focus Energy, Ancient Power & more, but again, destructive instincts, & when it rampages, it reshapes the landscape, so presumably, it'd be using landscape-reshaping moves here, not these moves that are less destructive &/or require more focus/thought.
Since it's noted as making quakes when it walks, Stomp, Stomping Tantrum & Earthquake might be especially likely, perhaps passively.

Part of me wonders if the biggest threat isn't going to be the environment; Is it a plausible risk for either side that Tyranitar just ends up opening a fissure (Yes, I know it doesn't get that move.) into the core of the Earth at some point or such?

The Dragon Element in Monster Hunter does more damage the smarter the target is which means that the Deviljho is rather intelligent, it just fights like a Mindless Berserker since it's constantly starving and at risk of death by starvation.

The Dragon Element in Monster Hunter does more damage the smarter the target is which means that the Deviljho is rather intelligent, it just fights like a Mindless Berserker since it's constantly starving and at risk of death by starvation.
Ah okay.

So I guess I just need to know what their scaling points are & what Deviljiho does use normally on its rampages.

Ah okay.

So I guess I just need to know what their scaling points are & what Deviljiho does use normally on its rampages.
It literally can't win this fight. It's weaker, less versatile and can't deal with Tyranitar's minor invulnerability.

It literally can't win this fight. It's weaker, less versatile and can't deal with Tyranitar's minor invulnerability.
Skimming the profile a little.... What about Deviljiho's Rage Power, Defense Down Saliva, & the Elemental Power Nullification of the Dragonblight?
What about mental attacks via the Dragon Element?

Skimming the profile a little.... What about Deviljiho's Rage Power, Defense Down Saliva, & the Elemental Power Nullification of the Dragonblight?
What about mental attacks via the Dragon Element?
The Rage Power will definitely help at first because it doubles a Monster's Stats but Tyranitar is still literally invulnerable and also has stat amps of it's own, as well as being able to passively damage Deviljho with Sandstorm so it's basically just a battle of attrition that Deviljho can't win.

I’ll admit this was a rushed decision for the first Pokémon vs Monster Hunter fight I made. I’ll make sure the next one is more fair or we can switch to different characters.

Last edited:
The Rage Power will definitely help at first because it doubles a Monster's Stats but Tyranitar is still literally invulnerable and also has stat amps of it's own, as well as being able to passively damage Deviljho with Sandstorm so it's basically just a battle of attrition that Deviljho can't win.
Yeah, but as I pointed out, Tyranitar is very unlikely to use its stat amps because it already rampages normally, & as Mega Tyranitar, it's pretty much operating on only destructive instinct.
(Also, how do we know the Sandstorm won't eventually die down/be dispelled?)

How smart are Tyranitars exactly? Because Dragon Element also power nulls.

How smart are Tyranitars exactly? Because Dragon Element also power nulls.
See here:
Intelligence: High (Has a higher weakness to the Dragon Element than the average hunter: Deviljho has -15% resistance, while the average hunter has 0% resistance, and despite being mostly driven by hunger and rage, it can specifically choose its prey)

I do not even understand this justification. At least, not the first part; What does an Elemental Weakness have to do with its Intelligence?

What is a Deviljiho's typical behaviour in combat?

As for Tyranitar's....
GoldIts body can’t be harmed by any sort of attack, so it is very eager to make challenges against enemies.
SilverExtremely strong, it can change the landscape. It has an insolent nature that makes it not care about others.
Ruby
Sapphire
TYRANITAR is so overwhelmingly powerful, it can bring down a whole mountain to make its nest. This POKéMON wanders about in mountains seeking new opponents to fight.
Ultra MoonThis Pokémon is a mobile disaster, leaving mountains crumbled and houses destroyed in its wake.
ShieldThe quakes caused when it walks make even great mountains crumble and change the surrounding terrain.
Brilliant Diamond
Shining Pearl
If it rampages, it knocks down mountains and buries rivers. Maps must be redrawn afterward.

But this is the 6-C Key, which means it's Mega Tyranitar.

Ultra SunDue to the colossal power poured into it, this Pokémon’s back split right open. Its destructive instincts are the only thing keeping it moving.
Ultra MoonThe effects of Mega Evolution make it more ferocious than ever. It’s unclear whether it can even hear its Trainer’s orders.

So uhhh yeah.
SBA still says they begin aware of one another & already intent on fighting, right? Because if so, we can forget the "wander looking for opponents to fight" part, it's just straight up going to "challenge"/attack Deviljiho, AFAIK, probably being very inconsiderate & destructive.

Because of Tyranitar's Sand Stream Ability, it will cause a Sandstorm immediately. Aside from residual damage & perhaps an obscured field of view for Deviljiho if it's not immune, in gameplay, Sandstorm gives Rock types a 50% Sp. Def boost. Assuming that applies here, Tyranitar would be 50% more durable against non-Physical/"Special" attacks than its unmodified (Mega) Durability.

Based on behaviour, I'd speculate that likely moves (Level-Up) include Stomping Tantrum, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Rock Throw, Screech, Thrash, & Hyper Beam.
Maybe Scary Face, Leer, &/or its biting moves &/or Tackle?
I assume those moves because Mega Tyranitar is implied to be operating on nothing BUT destructive instinct. Arguably, it could be implied it'd faint or such if not for them, especially depending on the implications of its back being split open.

Egg Moves are probably stuff like Pursuit, Stomp, Outrage, & Iron Head.
It does have options like Iron Defense, Dragon Dance, Focus Energy, Ancient Power & more, but again, destructive instincts, & when it rampages, it reshapes the landscape, so presumably, it'd be using landscape-reshaping moves here, not these moves that are less destructive &/or require more focus/thought.
Since it's noted as making quakes when it walks, Stomp, Stomping Tantrum & Earthquake might be especially likely, perhaps passively.

Part of me wonders if the biggest threat isn't going to be the environment; Is it a plausible risk for either side that Tyranitar just ends up opening a fissure (Yes, I know it doesn't get that move.) into the core of the Earth at some point or such?
I quoted several Pokedex entries to analyze Tyranitar's behaviour there.
Notable information is that it rampages, knocking down mountains as well as that it has an insolent nature that makes it not care about others, & that it wanders seeking out new opponents & is very eager to make challenges.

As for what the profile says:
Intelligence: Unknown | Below Average (It is moved only by it's destructive instincts)

Also, it's Mega Tyranitar (The opening post of this thread specified 6-C.). So the latter part is more relevant; Operating on mostly destructive instincts. As Ultra Moon's Pokedex entry points out, it's unclear if it even hears its trainer's orders, so I doubt Mega Tyranitar is that thoughtful.

Right then Dragon Element is doing nothing against it. Tyranitar might win through attrition and overall better stats.

Back