• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monster Hunter Upgrade

Whoops, a bit late here. Can't believe I missed a major revision for MH. Anyway, let me try and help as best I can.

Tetsucabra Boulder
When it comes to Tetsu's boulder crushing feat, we need the volume of the boulder. We can see from this image that it's slightly less than twice the height of the hunter. Hunters are canonically 175cm, so I'll lowball it and say that the boulder has a radius of 150cm.
150^3 * 3.14 * 4/3 = a volume of about 14130000 cubic centimetres. Multiplied by the default fragmentation value of 8 gets us approximately 113 million joules of energy, or about 0.027 tons of TnT. That's 9-A, or room level. So yeah, it looks like our pal Tetsu isn't that great after all.

BTW, I think we should have a page for the Dragon Element as a kind of weapon profile, since it comes up quite a lot in this series.

I can agree with the Dragon Element getting its own page. It is certainly important in the series, and it comes up quite often in MH vs threads if it is even remotely involved.

Also, we should probably fix up Fatalis' profile soon. There are a lot of things that need to be fixed on there (Plus the inaccuracies may be detrimental in a debate/Vs Thread)

Yeah, if anything needs a profile fix, it's fatalis. That thing is a mess.

Also, I do wonder how effective the Dragon Element would be against an omiscient entity. Would it be a oneshot kill? I dunno. Regardless, I guess that I can make a profile for it if people think it deserves its own page.

Well, I certainly believe we should have a profile for the Dragon Element. Also, should Dire Miralis be included as a Key on the Fatalis profile? It is a relative of theirs, after all.

Also Glavenus/Hellblade Glavenus should be given a profile, since they are responsible for the Island level scaling that goes around for Elder Dragon Level monsters and all that.

Dire Miralis is basically a large fatalis in physiology, but I still think that it's deserving of its own profile, due to having different lore and no specified connection to fatalis.

Yes, Glavenus definitely needs a profile. Maybe I can get onto that later.

I guess I'll see if I can create a page for the Dragon element then, and see what others think.

We should also make it clear that even if a character has a resistance or even standard intellect beings can still take damage. Currently have a thread where someone thinks that standard baseline intellect beings or those with a resistance just avoid taking damage from Dragon Element. Should also add how it can inflict Dragonblight to human-like foes, cancelling the elemental properties of attacks.

Otherwise, it looks alright.

Dragonblight seems like it'd be listed as Power Nullification, so I'll add that to the page. Statistics Reduction is also another thing that Dragonblight can do, so that can be added as well. I'll also see if I can describe the baseline better.

I've revisioned nearly all the pages that are currently on the wiki, the ones left are Amatsu, Fatalis, The Hunter, Great Jaggi and Tetsucabra. The verse page will also likely have to be redone due to it also being outdated.

Okay, I've just gone through every profile for MH we've got and provided a link to the Dragon Element page wherever it's mentioned. That way, we don't need to be describing it literally every time it comes up on the page.

Plus, the fact that it has its own pages lets it be described in more detail than it could be otherwise.

Back