• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monster Hunter: Minor Ability Addition, Tier 5 Revision and Key Problems

ShiroyashaGinSan

VS Battles
Retired
Ability

Hunter - Creation (With Alchemy Style, he can create various items. It's one of the styles in MHGU)

MHW Monsters that can be tempered - Absorption (Tempered monsters became tempered by absorbing remaining bioenergy that lies within the new world)

Xeno'Jiiva - Intangibility (Is nothing more than an organism created purely from bioenergy across the new world)

Hunter - Non-Physical Interaction (Able to hit Xeno'Jiiva)

Tier 5
Honestly, I don't know why we keep the At least 6-A rating. With many world destroying statements and fact that we literally clear that Fatalis can do the moon movement, not any "possibility", we should just make them 5-A altogether. Fatalis also managed to keep the AP while focusing on Hunter so yeah. Straight up 5-A.

Key Problems
Okay, this is one of if not the main problem in the MH profiles right now. They're too many goddamn keys. And the worse thing is, they serve absolutely no purpose when used on VS threads. There's acceptable ones like Zamtrios for example, every key has twists that differentiate one another but reading something like Rathalos is absolute nightmare. Keys just repeats itself, abilities are just all over the place, you don't know who has what, and the keys are so goddamn many reading it inevitably leads to confusion.

Solution? Merge the similar keys together. If it has similar AP and abilities, it should be fused. It'll clean up space, much more readable and much more makable (is makable a word?) for creators like me. It'll be much more easier for both readers and makers alike.

I'm against assuming Xeno'jiiva is intangible energy. He seems to just be energy given form and substance.

I don't mind removing 6-A if others don't, that was basically just a safe-bet solution.

I agree with too many keys, certain different types have no difference from the last key and instead is just "probably stronger". So remove those at will, I say.

Xeno'Jiiva being intangible is kinda iffy for me anyway, though I still suggested. I think it's okay to not have that.

If we do remove 6-A only two matches would be negated- the victory against Zeref Dragneel, and the loss against Pyra.

which means we need to spam them to replace the matches obviously

Also this would require Xeno'jiiva to scale directly to 5-A.

Wait what? Why would we? DFCMs are 6-A because they are far above Xeno'Jiiva, not because Xeno'Jiiva is one of them.

If we're making that key 5-A? Xeno'jiiva fought that key, unless I'm remembering wrong.

Xeno'Jiiva is high rank quest. G-Rank doesn't exist in MHW. At least not until DLC comes out. Even if 6-A is scaled, it should be for High rank Hunter, not G-Rank one.

So 6-A needs to be added for High Rank (and seriously? They haven't released G-Rank yet? Haven't played in awhile, been into No Man's Sky recently)

Is 4 tiers in 1 key even okay? Should we make it like, I don't know, At least Low 6-B, likely 6-B, possibly 6-A?

Also, can you calc Giaprey's ability of Snowman like you did to Giadrome but only to human and not other monsters? That should upgrade current 9-Bs.

Freezing a human is 9-A

Also yeah we might ditch 6-C entirely tbh, or decide not to scale to 6-A since literally only Xeno'jiiva is the 6-A one and we have multiple 6-Cs

I think former is way better option. Those 6-Cs can be done by casual kicks or by its presence, it has little to no effort.

Right. So anything with "At least 6-C, likely Low 6-B" would be converted to "At least Low 6-B".

Just Low 6-B is the best I think. Kushala feat isn't casual one. Unless you're talking about Hunter only.

Just Low 6-B is fine, then.

I'm fine with abandoning 6-C, although I think we should still keep the island level statements within the profiles in order to help with the justification. To show that that stuff is all super casual, and the Small Country Level+ thing is an accurate representation of those monsters being serious.

I'm not in favor of the intangibility for Xeno Jiiva. Xeno should also stick with 6-A, and not jump to 5-A.

Not gonna lie, I don't think a lot is inherently wrong with having that many keys for some of the monsters, but if it is really presenting a problem then I guess we could change them around a bit.

Pretty much, yeah.

Also, while we are here, I will be using this opportunity to give a reminder.

The speed values for low-tier monsters is wrong and should be changed. The whole Magma chambers thing came about because of me from years ago, and looking back at the video footage that I used as evidence to justify my reasoning, I realized that the justification was essentially non-existent and nothing is really aiding the idea that Agnaktor can travel to those Magma Chambers like that. I brought this up once before, but we never got around to revisions.

I recall getting some clips for some minor additional AP feats for monsters, as well as a few potential speed feats to help with low-tier speed revision. I can look for and repost them here so that we may have them calced, but I figured I should bring up this issue again now that we have some attention on MH.

Yeah, but until the Rathalos speed is calculated, we should keep the speed. We don't have any speed feat for them anyway.

Btw, since everyone agreed, I think it's okay to be added. Also I'm adding Jaggi and Jaggia to Great Jaggi. Why those aren't there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NQo38KqgfQ&feature=youtu.be&t=502 - This is clip shows a very low-tier monster dodging a Heavy bowgun shot at close range after the bullet was already fired.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvcqtPpvk8w - Rathalos flies up the side of a mountain in a short timeframe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzJ2xbxowso - astalos is able to drag Rathalos down from the cloud layer to the ground in a short timeframe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQF3qXjBhIU - Lavasioth is able to travel a long distance in a short timeframe to reach Brachydios, as well as Brachy killing Lavasioth in like two or three small explosions.

https://youtu.be/KYVpE-PfRgo?t=26 - Rathalos flies really fast at around 27 seconds into the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqKl0g4AOlU - Not a speed feat, but Zinogre smashes this rock to the point where it is dust and only a few fragments remain. This could be pulverization or at the very least violent fragmentation, but since it mostly crumbled to dust I would argue for the former. Could yield a solid AP result.

I smell another Monster Hunter Bit Feat blog

And that Ahtal-Ka lifting strength that scales to EDs I posted on lifting strength revision.

I can do second and third feat.

Back