• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monkey D. Luffy vs Joseph Joestar

I’m pretty sure this isn’t a stomp due to how close they are in tier strength, plus other factors such as intelligence which probably will play a big role in this matchup.

So yeah, this is a clash between my two favorite anime characters, Luffy and Joseph. I’m using Luffy’s East Blue saga key which is 8-B, and Joseph’s Post training key, which is high 8-C. Speed is not equalized, both are in character, and battle takes place in Central Park. They will start 50 meters apart.

Luffy:

Joseph:

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
What are the AP values Luffy and Joseph adhere to? If the gap is too wide, Joseph can't do much to Luffy and Luffy just needs to get one hit in. Yes, Luffy is practically immobile compared to FTL, but his attacks can be large and sweeping at times.

The only wincons I could think of for Joseph are either submerging Luffy in water, but he's well aware of that weakness, even during the East Blue saga (also SBA means the fight takes place in Central Park, so the best area for Joseph to go is either a public swimming pool or the Hudson river) or restraining Luffy, which is near impossible without some sort of preordained trap since Luffy has Class K lifting strength.

I could ramble on but let's wait for the AP numbers.

Joseph ranges from 2-11 tons, while Luffy has 11-100 tons. So basically they could be near equal or far apart.

The water gives me an idea though. I’ll change the location to a park with a pool just to see if it changes anything.

Also, I equalized speed so Joseph didn’t speed blitz Luffy.

I don't know who lied to you, but Luffy AP stomps.
AP is not the only factor here, and that doesn’t automatically make it a stomp when the gap isn’t as far as if it were any farther. There’s also intelligence and other factors as well which is why I don’t think this is a stomp.

Seems like you people don’t agree though, so I’ll unequalize speed to make things fair, but then I think that makes it a stomp in Joseph’s favor due to speed blitz, but maybe not.

AP is not the only factor here, and that doesn’t automatically make it a stomp when the gap isn’t as far as if it were any farther. There’s also intelligence and other factors as well which is why I don’t think this is a stomp.
Dude the moment the fight begins Luffy will spam 8-B attacks at Joseph, who can't withstand them

How the **** is that not the only factor here

Joseph is literally at the mercy of Luffy's fists, it's not like he is a stand user; using their stand to body block attacks stronger than his. Joseph is literally right there, right in the open, within one shot range. Luffy is like 30x+ stronger than Joseph here so that's not good.

Joseph is literally at the mercy of Luffy's fists, it's not like he is a stand user; using their stand to body block attacks stronger than his. Joseph is literally right there, right in the open, within one shot range. Luffy is like 30x+ stronger than Joseph here so that's not good.
I’ve set speed to not equal now, so now Luffy is hypersonic+ compared to Joseph’s Massively FTL.

Maybe if it were obvious where to find exact AP calculations less people would mess up with matchups. But nooo, instead it’s difficult to search around for this crap and didn’t think this would be a stomp since Joseph has intelligence on his side even though Luffy is stronger AP wise. And I still haven’t been directed where to find AP calculations for these characters either.

Maybe if it were obvious where to find exact AP calculations less people would mess up with matchups. But nooo, instead it’s difficult to search around for this crap and didn’t think this would be a stomp since Joseph has intelligence on his side even though Luffy is stronger AP wise. And I still haven’t been directed where to find AP calculations for these characters either.

But, the AP calcs are readily available for both?

As a heads up most well put together verses have a verse page with the calculations and values that certain people scale to.

Back