• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Money money money money money (Standard formatting question)

azontr

He/Him
I've seen some profiles utilize tabbers to separate stat justifications.

Is this something that's allowed?

If you want my honest opinion, when I first saw it, it caught me off guard since I'm not used to seeing profiles like that, but it's not that bad.

I'm pretty sure they're better ways to format it, but the way it's done on the profiles mentioned isn't bad.

If you want my honest opinion, when I first saw it, it caught me off guard since I'm not used to seeing profiles like that, but it's not that bad.

I'm pretty sure they're better ways to format it, but the way it's done on the profiles mentioned isn't bad.
I'm not asking if it's bad I'm asking if the wiki's rules allow it.

Okay just gonna come out and say it this is a question specifically for staff members who actually have authority so regular user answers will be disregarded-

Okay just gonna come out and say it this is a question specifically for staff members who actually have authority so regular user answers will be disregarded-
Why did you not create staff thread for this?

Dread is basically staff Staff have accepted the Flowey rework which uses this style, so it's definitely allowed, no doubt about that

..Because it's not a thread meant to change any standards. It's just me asking a question.

You did not even point this out in OP or even to the rest of other members, I feel you wanted me to shut up :/

Dread is basically staff Staff have accepted the Flowey rework which uses this style, so it's definitely allowed, no doubt about that
Ya but the only reason why this is even allowed due to large descriptions as all the profiles have in common.

Like creating a profile with this formatting style but using short description are extremely pointless.

Ya but the only reason why this is even allowed due to large descriptions as all the profiles have in common.
If this is the case then it needs to be specified in some way in the rules because otherwise threads like this start existing.

Yeah, I agree Tabbers make it easier to read profiles that have a crap ton of powers and abilities, especially ones where different keys have vastly different abilities none of the other keys do.

Yeah, I agree Tabbers make it easier to read profiles that have a crap ton of powers and abilities, especially ones where different keys have vastly different abilities none of the other keys do.
I'm referring to like, the AP justification and shit being separated by tabbers. Not the PnA.

I said this another thread, but I believe it would be better if you instead put all the statistics in the same key in the same tabber.

Here is an example of what one tabber with the same keys statistics would look like.

UcztNSN.png

This makes the page much easier to navigate, since it isn't a spam of tabbers for each section, while solving the same issue of giant paragraphs with multiple keys that are hard to read through.

I'm referring to like, the AP justification and shit being separated by tabbers. Not the PnA.
Oh, in that case, I'm not sure if that will work or what is necessary. One could either try not to create too many keys, or separate profiles from eras with each one having keys for sub eras. I don't think Attack Potency sections are anywhere near as big chunked as Powers and abilities. But I suppose it may be case by case if someone needs a whole paragraph or an entire article to explain their Tier 1 stats, but that is usually done via blog posts.

Oh, in that case, I'm not sure if that will work or what is necessary. One could either try not to create too many keys, or separate profiles from eras with each one having keys for sub eras. I don't think Attack Potency sections are anywhere near as big chunked as Powers and abilities. But I suppose it may be case by case if someone needs a whole paragraph or an entire article to explain their Tier 1 stats, but that is usually done via blog posts.
So it'd depend on the size of the AP section?

I said this another thread, but I believe it would be better if you instead put all the statistics in the same key in the same tabber.

Here is an example of what one tabber with the same keys statistics would look like.

UcztNSN.png

This makes the page much easier to navigate, since it isn't a spam of tabbers for each section, while solving the same issue of giant paragraphs with multiple keys that are hard to read through.
Thats exacly what i meant good programming

UcztNSN.png

It will make editing the profile way harder, in editing source mode, you barely can't see any difference in code. It is all the same color, and we can't see the error

In Luffy's profile they have a tab for abilities that has a bunch of tabs for each of the arcs and another tab for resistance that doesnt have any arc tab its so confusing and makes no sense

It will make editing the profile way harder, in editing source mode, you barely can't see any difference in code. It is all the same color, and we can't see the error
It's actually a lot easier to code than a lot of these other profiles. Since instead of a tabber for each stat in each key, it is only one tabber per key. Simply take your time and you'll be fine.

It's actually a lot easier to code than a lot of these other profiles. Simply take your time and you'll be fine.
No it is not easier, editing in tabbers where they are all in the same color won't make anything easier than editing it without tabbers where you can see color difference.

No it is not easier, editing in tabbers where they are all in the same color won't make anything easier than editing it without tabbers where you can see color difference.
It is literally the same as editing a power and abilities section with tabbers for each key. It's very easy. I created that example in like 2 minutes, and most of the work was me trying to figure out how to break down the extremely cancerous formatting Azontr's Mori Jin sandbox used.

No it is not easier, I don't get how it is easier to edit in tabbers where you can't notice an error.
No programmers like to edit a code with white color, color difference for each command makes our life easier.

I do many mistakes editing inside tabber, as doing no mistakes without tabbers since the coloring in code helps to notice this.

Back