• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chinese MC vs Japanese MC

Luffy is Brazilian, but let's say he is Japanese for a second.

Speed equal, 6C Ning vs Post Katakuri Fight G4 Luffy

Also, yeah idk if I should restrict soul hax or not, idc that much about the match being added.

I'm voting Luffy.

Luffy takes this by quite a bit.

Ji Ning: 2.97 Gigatons

Luffy's Base: >>883.3 Megatons
Luffy's Gear 2: >>>883.3 Megatons
Luffy Gear 3: >>>2.6499 Gigatons
Luffy Gear 4: >>>3.5332 Gigatons
Luffy Gear 4 Strongest Attacks: >>>10.5996 Gigatons

I need to get this out the way first before comparing Luffy and Ning's scaling.

The way Ning's speed has been handled is really bad. Not only does Ning's Windwing Evasion's speed, and as a result his Base speed's rating (due to it being 10x faster than his normal speed), come from a thread and not an accepted calc on a blog, but the calc itself is bad.

It uses the statement "A distance of thousands of kilometers was travelled in the blink of an eye." The issue comes from the fact that the context debunks the "blink of an eye" statement, showing that the distance was traversed throughout the duration of a conversation, which is reflected in the profiles. Instead of using the 0.4 second timeframe, we should instead use a better timeframe (still likely a highball) of 5 seconds, which downgrades the previous Sub-Relativistic rating of Windwing Evasion to Massively Hypersonic (200000 m/s), which further downgrades Ning's speed to Hypersonic (2000 m/s), possibly High Hypersonic+ (20000 m/s), which is consistent with his stated speed and scaling putting him faster than Sound, but not to an insane degree.

Luffy is faster. Since speed is equalized, their base speeds are both set to Ning's High Hypersonic+ instead of his Hypersonic rating due to SBA putting characters at their strongest.

With this out of the way, let's review scaling

Ji Ning: High Hypersonic+
Windwing Evasion: Massively Hypersonic (10x amp)

Luffy's Base: High Hypersonic+
Luffy's Gear 2: >>>High Hypersonic+ (Can blitz people relative to his Base Speed)
Luffy's Soru >>>High Hypersonic+ (Can blitz people relative to his Base Speed)
Luffy's Gear 4 Boundman: >>>>High Hypersonic+ (Can blitz people relative to his Gear 2 Speed who also have Precognition)
Luffy's Gear 4 Snakeman: >>>>>High Hypersonic+ (Faster than Boundman), far higher overtime (accelerates the longer it's out)
Luffy's Reactions: Relativistic+

Luffy stomps.

Ji Ning: 6481481.48 kg

Luffy's Base: >>>>3645463000000 kg
Luffy's Amps >>>> his Base

Now that the comparison of stats has been covered, let's go over how I believe the fight would go.

Luffy is relative to speed to Ji Ning in his base, but with any single of his amps, he'd be able to blitz him. Luffy's reactions are so much faster than anything that Ji Ning has that even without using his Kenbunshoku Haki or Future Sight, landing a single attack seems very unlikely.

Luffy is strong enough in any of his forms to deal damage to Ji Ning, and has Durability Negation with Red Hawk, which would be able to burn him internally.

Luffy has layered protection against Soul Manipulation with Buso, which would make Ji Ning's Soulshaker Art useless.

Luffy's Buso would also allow him to negate Ji Ning's Low-High regeneration due to it being able to negate Marco's Mid-High regeneration. Although Haki only negates "third-party" regeneration, Ji Ning's is also attributed to a third-party in a sense due to it being a result of Ji Ning's Zifu Chi.

Luffy can also fight Ji Ning regardless of his intangibility with Buso, due to it allowing users to interact with Logia Users.

Luffy resists Ji Ning's Memory Manipulation with Willpower.

Luffy is also just an overall better and more skilled fighter than Ji Ning at this point just judging off of their Intelligence portion on their pages.

I'm voting Luffy.

Luffy takes this by quite a bit.

Ji Ning: 2.97 Gigatons

Luffy's Base: >>883.3 Megatons
Luffy's Gear 2: >>>883.3 Megatons
Luffy Gear 3: >>>2.6499 Gigatons
Luffy Gear 4: >>>3.5332 Gigatons
Luffy Gear 4 Strongest Attacks: >>>10.5996 Gigatons
What? Ning has a massive scaling chain on top of the base value of 59 gigatons, no idea how Luffy has the AP advantage.

I need to get this out the way first before comparing Luffy and Ning's scaling.

The way Ning's speed has been handled is really bad. Not only does Ning's Windwing Evasion's speed, and as a result his Base speed's rating (due to it being 10x faster than his normal speed), come from a thread and not an accepted calc on a blog, but the calc itself is bad.

It uses the statement "A distance of thousands of kilometers was travelled in the blink of an eye." The issue comes from the fact that the context debunks the "blink of an eye" statement, showing that the distance was traversed throughout the duration of a conversation, which is reflected in the profiles. Instead of using the 0.4 second timeframe, we should instead use a better timeframe (still likely a highball) of 5 seconds, which downgrades the previous Sub-Relativistic rating of Windwing Evasion to Massively Hypersonic (200000 m/s), which further downgrades Ning's speed to Hypersonic (2000 m/s), possibly High Hypersonic+ (20000 m/s), which is consistent with his stated speed and scaling putting him faster than Sound, but not to an insane degree.
Hmm, yeah, you can do a CRT about it if you want, but you know we go with the profile until CRTs are made to add/remove something.

Luffy is faster. Since speed is equalized, their base speeds are both set to Ning's High Hypersonic+ instead of his Hypersonic rating due to SBA putting characters at their strongest.

With this out of the way, let's review scaling

Ji Ning: High Hypersonic+
Windwing Evasion: Massively Hypersonic (10x amp)

Luffy's Base: High Hypersonic+
Luffy's Gear 2: >>>High Hypersonic+ (Can blitz people relative to his Base Speed)
Luffy's Soru >>>High Hypersonic+ (Can blitz people relative to his Base Speed)
Luffy's Gear 4 Boundman: >>>>High Hypersonic+ (Can blitz people relative to his Gear 2 Speed who also have Precognition)
Luffy's Gear 4 Snakeman: >>>>>High Hypersonic+ (Faster than Boundman), far higher overtime (accelerates the longer it's out)
Luffy's Reactions: Relativistic+
Luffy's reaction would drop too, they wouldn't be the same value they are normally, that's what the speed equalization rules say.

Other than that, what proof do you have that this scaling chain with no numerical value results is a 10x speed amp?
Luffy stomps.

Ji Ning: 6481481.48 kg

Luffy's Base: >>>>3645463000000 kg
Luffy's Amps >>>> his Base
Doesn't really matter if he isn't touching Ning, but fair enough.
Luffy is relative to speed to Ji Ning in his base, but with any single of his amps, he'd be able to blitz him. Luffy's reactions are so much faster than anything that Ji Ning has that even without using his Kenbunshoku Haki or Future Sight, landing a single attack seems very unlikely.
Future sight doesn't work against Ning (acausality type 4) and he has his own Kenbu with Divine sense and his other senses.

Luffy is strong enough in any of his forms to deal damage to Ji Ning, and has Durability Negation with Red Hawk, which would be able to burn him internally.
You were wrong in the AP part, so this part is wrong due to that, Red Hawk would indeed help if he can touch Ning through his several defenses (also, Luffy doesn't use many fire attacks in G4).

Luffy has layered protection against Soul Manipulation with Buso, which would make Ji Ning's Soulshaker Art useless.
I don't want this to end in a Soul hax gg, but how many layers are you talking about here? Just to know.
Luffy's Buso would also allow him to negate Ji Ning's Low-High regeneration due to it being able to negate Marco's Mid-High regeneration. Although Haki only negates "third-party" regeneration, Ji Ning's is also attributed to a third-party in a sense due to it being a result of Ji Ning's Zifu Chi.
I'd say it's different, but I will give you that.

Luffy resists Ji Ning's Memory Manipulation with Willpower.
Memory manipulation is for his 2nd key onwards if I am not mistaken.

Luffy is also just an overall better and more skilled fighter than Ji Ning at this point just judging off of their Intelligence portion on their pages.
Disagree, Ning could easily master boxing basics when he was literally starting to learn how to fight for the 1st time in his life (he had absolutely 0 practice in fighting), as well as master how to use a sword in a few years after this, his footwork is literally superhuman allowing him to dodge arrow-based danmaku in the thousands based on footwork alone (not his speed), he is a master of several different sword styles as well as a really good archer that doesn't need his eyes to hit a target, even a fly anywhere in half a KM.

A way less skilled Ning than the version used here was able to defeat the best 10 fighters of his clan, who were more experienced fighters, when limiting his strength to 1/10th, only using 1 sword and not using his main sword style.

Barely remember jack about Desolate Era, so do remind me, doesn't Ning have the fire shit integrated/fused with his cells? I feel like he'll just shrug off any fire attack.

Barely remember jack about Desolate Era, so do remind me, doesn't Ning have the fire shit integrated/fused with his cells? I feel like he'll just shrug off any fire attack.
He does but we, sadly, didn't give him resistance for that... Fire resistance is probably the most obvious resistance we didn't add to his profile, in later keys (True God iirc) he can withstand star surface level heat and later star core heat.

Did I just hear someone say Luffy outskills Ji Ning? The latter of whom could master boxing styles in mere hours with no prior experience and dodge thousands of arrows from all directions that are as fast or faster than him..... as a 4 year old?

10000 arrows to be exact, from all directions, that were more than likely faster than him and it was even stated that it was quite literally physically impossible to dodge but "lol footwork". Discussing skill against Chinamen is just not worth it.

Also, I'm pretty sure Ning has a scaling chains of like, one shots above his AP value.

10000 arrows to be exact, from all directions, that were more than likely faster than him and it was even stated that it was quite literally physically impossible to dodge but "lol footwork". Discussing skill against Chinamen is just not worth it.
At the very least, they could check out the feats section with the majority of his skill feats listed.
Also, I'm pretty sure Ning has a scaling chains of like, one shots above his AP value.
Yeah, he oneshots Wanxiang Adepts, who oneshot Zifu Disciples who oneshot his Xiantian self, which was at 59 Gigatons.

Yeah, he oneshots Wanxiang Adepts, who oneshot Zifu Disciples who oneshot his Xiantian self, which was at 59 Gigatons.
Kach told me he didn't fully understand Ning's scaling (the multiplier part) that's why he said Luffy had higher AP.

I think we should probably reword it in the future (and add the resistances he is missing, goddamnit we have lots of work).

Jining outskills and outhaxes. Luffy may have the AP advantage but since this is speed-equal and in-character I don't see how Luffy is landing a hit on him.

Ning gets washed fra
Hey stop, I don't want this to be a stomp for either side.

Luffy has his incon with regen neg and he has more practical precog and senses than Ning even without FS.

Meanwhile Ning has... stamina, endurance, AP and skill and some other things.

Also, does anyone know if I can "lock" Luffy to G4 and still have this added? Wouldn't be a good match if his transformation ends midway through.

Ning has the AP advantage therefore has higher stats therefore whatever his regeneration negation is won’t be pretty effective. Also, isn’t the Soulshaker Art stronger than Brooks’? If that’s the case then it’s likely a stomp for Ning especially with the AP, Dura, and regeneration. Luffy could take down Ning but I doubt he could even land a hit on him due to the difference in-scale. Even if Luffy does resist Ning’s soulhax I don’t see how Luffy isn’t even winning this because Ning has other wincons, AP and regeneration itself would be enough.

Back