• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monarchverse Discussion Thread

That's going to result in a massive upgrade for several of my characters though.

Low 2-C resistances for Hallows woo woo.

Wait, does that mean low 2-C abilities for magicans?

All the scaling is going to get screwed over now....

How problematic

The Wrathful guy quite interests me with his hax and personal statistics.

Straight up gangster from the looks of it.

Oh nice. So pretty categorized and specific to anything, that's cool.

Yeah, he was originally one of the first Chicago Mafia before he became a Hallow. Still is a caporegime, though tends to kill off the older members of his crew so that no one ends up realising he's been alive for over a century.

I'm quite proud of his character actually.

So. I've been going through my story in my head, and I've come to the conclusion:

Magicians are really really outclassed.

Like seriously. Hallows have reality-concept-law warping auras, Tenma Yato's time armour, anywhere from Low-Mid to True Godly regen that also fixes conceptual things, infinite physical stamina, 4+ different types of immortality...

And magicians have the power to manipulate existing phenomena. And zilch else.

I mean, technically speaking, magicians could hit Hallows with nuclear explosions, soul rips, black holes, solar flares, etc, which would be enough to kill them, but that makes the verse a lot more powerful than I actually want. I kinda want Hallows to be low key OP with reality warping that turns out to be really damn powerful rather than just be busting mountains or something equally shounen-like.

So I'm probably going to be re-writing a fair bit of the lore surrounding Magicians so that they're just another type of member of the supernatural community rather than straight up main antagonists.

Just keep Hallow stories between Hallows, and Magician stories can stay with Magicians

Yo.

Been a very long while since I last posted anything on my story here.

Here's the new stuff that I'm ready to put up. I'll just copy it here from the blog:

The Pillars of Eternity: The Pillars of Eternity are three massive monoliths of black stone, individually known as the Pillar of Body, the Pillar of Soul, and the Pillar of Power. On their surface is carved the story of the Primals and their civilisation, which occured in the previous - now non-existent - timeline. They were created by the Primals and are unbound by time, allowing them to remain unaffected by the change to the timeline. However, though the surfaces are carved with the story, only Hallows - those who wield the remnants of the Primals' power - are capable of reading them. The Pillars exist on all layers of the world, having identical locations in the True World, Neverworld, and the Afterworld, though they are well hidden, often within the depths of the earth. The Pillars are also sources of great power, imbued with the Aether and Commandments of the Primal who created them. Should a shard of a Pillar be removed (no easy feat - the pillars are immensely durable, designed to outlast the universe itself), it can be used by a wielder as an unlimited energy source, to protect the wielder against changes to the timeline, or even used to artificially gain the power of a Commandment (though the power would be of the Primal who created it, and not be instinctively understood by the new user). However, the true purpose of the Pillars is not to simply serve as a record of a no longer existent timeline. Rather, they are seals against the return of Deus, a powerful Primal who chose the path of conquest over the path of observation. Each Pillar bars a fundamental concept of Deus from across all of time and space, respectively holding back the very concepts of his body, soul, and power from ever existing, and constantly binding and maintaining laws in the fabric of reality that prevent his return.

Painfully, I just found out "Pillars of Eternity" is the name of a game and so it definitely coprighted, which means I need to come up with a new name for these things.

Primals are the new name for the First, and they now come from the previous timeline and were almost all wiped out (along with their timeline) by the creation of these Pillars in a desperate last-ditch effort to take down Deus.

So yeah, Deus is the bloke I mentioned a while back who couldn't be properly killed even by a bunch of hax characters.

Old thread.

As a general thing though, I've been reading tokyo ghoul again, and I'm thinking of giving one or more of my characters some deepseated hidden psychological issues.

So I'm wondering what to do about fights between Ultimate Ones.

They're all kinda perfect immortals. And all have the exact same power, having all reached the pinnacle.

But I do want fights between them.

So I'm thinking of two possibilities.

A) They create non-immortal lower avatars and have those avatars duke it out instead.

B) They duke it out personally in a mock fight, a "performance", and whoever is more impressive (puts on more of a show during the fight) is considered to win (because they can't actually do anything to each other that they don't want)

Thoughts anyone?

Back