• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monarchverse Discussion Thread

It is indeed.

And I just realised I named this thread after the old name of my verse. Better change that

I was going to ask this on the blog but I'm on my phone so might as well do it here.

So on the one of the Hallows (sounds like hollow from Bleach), how would facing one be like when it comes to being in a vs match/debate against those outside their native verse? To me, not that it's bad, it's like a more harder version of taking down a Bastard!! Verse character.

I predicted this might be a question. So I made this handy little page.

Also, I plan on incorporating their Divine Armour into their durability rating, e.g. what I've done with Jonathan Hall. So physically, you'd be able to harm them just with the normal AP-> dura, with one added caveat - attacks that hit less of the Hallow at once will be reduced more and attacks that hit more of the Hallow at once will be reduced less

Mmm...yeah it does give me a mix of Shinza and Bastard!! here.

So in the case of Divine Armor, one would have to have to attack them a lot of the Hallow all at once that would more than likely have their attacks work on them, eh?

Although that Divine Armor is like Ren's/Yato's Time Armor in his Atziluth state, but seems like a slightly or so less version of it and more so like the disbound barriers of Bastard!!

But then of course there's the second part of restoration, which pretty much makes them pretty nigh unkillable to most either way even if the armor part was taken out. An interesting concept, not sure how well outside their verse will take them. I could see the Non-God Top Tiers of Shinza/Masadaverse, Warhammer 40K, and...something else i wanted to add there (maybe Fortissimo? IDEK, might have to disregard that one cause i have next to zero idea about that verse), MAYBE able to do it...just maybe. Bastard!! is a possible 'nother but not exactly sure...yeah they're going to be hard to properly talk about in a would-be VS match up.

Basically yes. A more significant change will be harder for the Divine Armour to negate, and a change to the whole body is way more significant than just having the heart stabbed.

As for their Regenerationn, Restoration is only as good as the willpower of its user. Sure it will let them regenerate from basically everything, but only if they don't Zeroth first, which in most cases is a lot more likely than not. Not all Hallows can actually regenerate more than low-mid. A lot of them would Zeroth if you made their brains explode because they don't have enough will to keep themselves around after the shock of their brains exploding. Same with messing with their concept, matter, mind, soul (sometimes).

Plus Alaya is actively supressing all their powers as long as they are within Percieved Reality / Recorded Events, meaning they can only enact their abilities within a few milimetres of their skin, so they need contact to use them, with the exception of Alexander, and that's only because his power is actually working with Alaya rather than against it. And for the majority of the series, his power is more of a liability than a benefit, because he can't control it properly and negates the powers of everyone around him, including his own teammates.

To the majority of beings in my verse, Hallows are basically those monsters from horror video games that chases after you, can be held back by attacks but will come back, and if they reach you they will kill you.

There's also the Magicians, which is just anyone who uses any form of magic. An important difference between Divine Influence and magic is that magic is considered by Alaya to be something that could exist, while Divine Influence is something it refuses to allow anything else to do, and so is rejected by it. So Magicians can freely use their abilities without restriction, meaning that they overall have more AP in comparison to a Hallow of comparable level, but they tend to be glass canons.

Ah.

So only Top/God Tiers of regen/restoration can handle it but even they are not exceptioned to being Zeroth/Zeroed, eh?

Oh damn. Yeah that last part of Alex seems like he has to be pretty careful if his allies happen to have abilities that may be suited better for one situation than his.

Oh okay, i can get that impression.

Mmmm. Got'cha.

In your possible opinion, who or what do you think would be possibly suitable to take anyone of one of these guys? Weather or not they can completely do fine against the divine armour and restoration is up to you or anyone, but what kinds of suitable powers would they need to have in order to take them on? For me as i said, the only ones i can see doing well would be the top tiers of Masada's VN characters (Which is pretty much Reinhard, Kuubou, and Shinno i guess and a couple others), the more OP Warhammer Characters like GEoM or Ahzek perhaps. Bastard!! and i think Umineko is another (albeit the latter of those who are below Tier 2...don't recall a lot of those in that fashion though), or anything?

Being Zeroth'd basically means you have become one with the Zeroth, because the Apeiron consumes you and merges you back into it. And like what happens when any being merges with an omnipotent, they are sublimated into it, losing all individuality aand that's the end of them.

Alex's ability is incredibly powerful, because he's channelling Alaya which passively maintains the space-time of the solar system from the moment any sentient being emerged, the concepts, physics, and laws of the solar system, and the existence of several pocket dimensions that serve as the afterlive worlds for the soul to go to (not sure if that just makes it a haxxy version of 4-B or 2-C?), and Alex can basically negate anything that Alaya doesn't like. But that also means that his power is linked to the Alaya of whatever world he is in (so if there isn't one, or it is broken he can't use his power properly), and is only as strong as that Alaya is.

As for who could take them out, I haven't really put much thought into how powerful they actually are, so I don't know if any of them could kill those characters because I don't know what their powers are. Just the mechanics of how they work.

But in terms of sheer survability of one of my main antagonists I have in mind, he managed to not Zeroth for 10,000 years depite being in a near-mindless conceptually-erased nonexistent state for all of it (and for all of that he was actively trying to come back, despite having his Regenerationn constantly negated by a council of extremely powerful Hallows in their own right). So:

Masada - I don't know all of the characters, but honestly probably no one except the Hadou/Gudou Gods could put him down for good. BFR is an option though

Warhammer - the whole "erase them from every layer of existence even from higher dimensions" thing the GEoM has going on could take him down. Same with Yncarne. Don't know about Ahzek. Again, BFR is also an option.

Bastard I don't know enough about. But there's a bunch of 3-As there, so they could definitely put him down... I just don't know if they'd be able to keep him down.

Umineko... well, all the higher layer people could. Anyone less than that though... not so much.

Ah alrighty, that seems fair enough.

Yeah...Solar System, but could also be Tier 2? Something that's worth to look into if i were you on that one part of your verse and its concept.

Ooooh, that's a good endurance feat of realness.

As for the last parts:

-Masada/Shinza: Probably, yeah.

-Warhammer: Woooo.

-Bastard!!: Hmmm...on second thought, idk if they could at least keep up. I do know that they have something similar like your character armor and regen, only it's more or less...less potent on an overall view if you go to like say, Dark Schneiders page for instance.

-Umineko: Alrighty.

Hmmm...I kind of assume the avatars would be up to High 1-B if the verse the guy is from is of infinite spatial and temporal dimensions.

Well, it's because they are ascending and descending that they aren't High 1-B. He can project avatars into them from outside, and those Avatars can continuously ascend and descend through the infintie dimensions, but because the dimensions are infinite, no matter where he projects them or how far they move up, they will never reach the top of infinity.

That being said, his avatars can still all control Apeiron, so I'm not sure if that should make even his avatars 1-A.

Oooooh that makes sense then.

Oh yeah, Azathoth told me something similar of that on High 1-B and 1-B...

Hmm...another thing to perhaps look into a little more...

What do you think about the reasoning for his durabilty and invulnerability/immortality?

Yeah... I'm making a list of things to look into.

Eh, i just literally typed up a reply but my phone lagged out for some reason...gonna have to come back to that one after I sleep...

Just so you don't need to check out the page again, here's the justification.

• Absolute Ego - Mattias' Ego was sealed by the magic he used to protect himself from his Realm's destruction, by sealing off his Ego from any and all outside force. Essentially, it acts as a vastly superior form of Divine Armour, one that cannot be pierced even by the Apeiron of the Gods, preventing them from changing his being in any significant way, shape or form. He cannot die. He cannot be erased. He cannot even be harmed but for the smallest of scratches. His body, his concepts, his causality, his mind, his soul, the fundamental nature of his being ... all such things are sealed, and cannot be altered except in the smallest of ways. However, due to the panicked emergency nature of the sealing, it is flawed. Not only does it not allow for exterior forces to affect him, it also prevents him from changing from the inside. His path is set, and he cannot stray from it. His desires, his emotions, his feelings ... all are captured as they were at the moment of the sealing, when his Realm was destroyed. Consequently, he constantly feels the same feelings of terror, despair, rage, and desire for vengeance that he felt then, never waning in their intensity. He is not completely unchangeable, and small, cumulative, alterations can be made to his psyche over the course of countless eons, to allow him new desires and emotions, but those feelings of rage, pain, loss and despair will always be lurking just below the surface.

Hmm...still wondering of how having the High 1-A dira is alright enough or not but for the most of it, as I said, they're pretty alright.

Pretty Masada like of Senshinkan. The Dream ones in particular are pretty much what those in that series of Masada's can do, though here some or so of them are done differently but the ones like turning dreams into reality part is the same. Same with non-coporealness, more so especially with the Rosei's case (only their's permanent as being a Rosei means sheding ones physical form and becoming...hmm, something. I have a thread i found that more or less explains what they are but that's one part of it that reminds me of it).

Yeah, thought that might be a comment... I'm not trying to copy him, I just thought the power to switch dreams and reality was interesting.

Nah I wasn't saying that's bad, just that it reminded me of it.

Still...I have been seeing things or hearing things that has some stuff like Masada's. First it's Ven and Seras work verse here, then Redgrave, now yours. Heck I have something like that of my own though I have no actual clue wtf mines is like to that extent...

Not bad.

Like the idea of Alaya being at least a force the encompasses the solar system if not possibly more. And the haxes and pesonalities of the other three beings are interesting in their own ways.

And now we have a new bit of lore/cosmology

The Overseer, who resides in the Nexus, a focal point for all the infinite dimensions of the Realm to be unified into a single world, and serves as the final "obstacle" on the way for a Hallow to become a God

Jonathan's Severing Affinity reminds me of what i might put for my Patrick Walker character at some point, although it would be more of a mid-late story ability and something i have yet to fully think up of what it else it can do.

Elena, not bad. Low Tier but still has abilities like divine armor to compensate for her overall prowess as well as the identity power. Though it seems there are some places where you were trying to say something but either cut off from it by accident and overlooked them such as the restoration part and at the beginning of her summary.

Hooray. And now we have an antagonist

Alastor Prince, AKA Codename:King, AKA The Eternal King

And his buddies

Chaosbor

Also, I made the character section of the verse page look a little fancier

Nice. And an Eldritch Horror like species on top of it as well. Brings up the stakes even higher too~

Not gonna lie/being honest here:

The Chaosborn is basically what I kind of would have done with my own verses race of Eldritch beings in a way. On that idea though, not much has been thought up for it could be at as there was something else I was planning for them to make them consistently dangerous for my current hero OC's...hmm...

Your eldritch beings have a page?

Also, I changed up the art for Mythrisha. Made her look a bit more befitting of her status.
Mythrisha the Law of Time
New

Though I'm still wanting her unarmoured appearance to be a childlike looking woman.... if that makes sense... like, I want her to at least appear (she's billions of years old) to be a similar age to this guy seeing as they get together, but I also want her to have a sort of childlike look to match her personality... hard to find pics like that though.

So far I'm tossing up between keeping the girl on the bottom, Artoria from Fate, or Marie from DI, though Marie would need some better clothing in that last case.

Mythrisha Law of Time
Old

They did over a year ago until i deleted them as they weren't "consistent" with my story at the time back then. I may bring them back as i have something in mind for them to be of use though.

Oooh.

Well the right one seems to be more fitting for the girl and her status. As for trying to get a pic of Marie from DI as your base for her here, there's not much i can help since she's generally seen in her tattered-like clothing. There is her DI Pantheon clothing here though but...mmm.

Where'd you get that pic? I've looked for it but all the ones I found has Ren and the PANTHEON title next to it.

Just type in "Dies Irae Pantheon Marie" or something and just start looking around on Google images and whatnot.

That's how i literally find stuff as i just type what i want to find by description.

So, chances are that Alaya is going to become Low 2-C, possibly 2-C soon enough. I feel that it's simpler and easier from a story perspective for it to control the entire space-time of a universe than individual solar systems.

Back