• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Amelia_Lonelyheart

Luckiest Lady in the Land
She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
Digimon vs Pokemon! Two birds of flame, one of love and the other of hate. This is using their Low 6-B versions. Battle takes place in an open wasteland. Distance is 2 km. Speed is equalized.

Who wins and win?

BirdramonReder
20100721215815!146Moltres

What?

Angemon defeated Devimon, after Devimon completely and utterly outclassed the other Digidestined, including Birdramon. I don't really get what you're saying in the other part of that sentence.

I rewatched the scene and they all did give Angemon a bit of there power. Regardless, this is using Tri era Birddramon who is far above Devimon so that feat shouldn't really be used.

Speed is equalized.

And if anything, Moltres might have a slight strength advantage.

ok but can birdramon digivolve

but moltres defeated meramon which is made out of fire and is 586 C (1,100 F0)

and destroyed a buildin just by flying into it and moltres could not do that plus birdramon is bigger

Moltres via immensely higher range, as well as healing, stat amplification, weather manipulation, and being generally more versatile. And since the distance is 2 kilometers, Moltres has a serious edge here due to range. As well as the possible slight advantage in strength that you mentioned earlier.

And the "Always attacks first" type of thing is kind of an NLF. Plus Moltres can amplify its speed tremendously, which would most likely cancel that out.

For once I think this is a match where range actually matters. Since the fight is within a 2 km distance, and Moltres can attack from hundreds of kilometers away, he should be able to spam hurricanes. Even if Birdra has a resistance to it, it should still do enough chip damage for Moltres to be able to take her out once she gets close enough to be hit with heavier firepower. Even Moltres' regular attacks can reach "likely dozens of meters", compared to Birdramon's "looks to be 40 feet". Birdra would likely only be able to get one or two hits in.

I vote Moltres with mid-difficulty, as Birdra would most likely have taken heavy fire once she gets close enough to land a hit.

Note that all of this is just assuming that Moltres just sits there and spams hurricanes from afar.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
Moltres via immensely higher range, as well as healing, stat amplification, weather manipulation, and being generally more versatile. And since the distance is 2 kilometers, Moltres has a serious edge here due to range. As well as the possible slight advantage in strength that you mentioned earlier.
And the "Always attacks first" type of thing is kind of an NLF. Plus Moltres can amplify its speed tremendously, which would most likely cancel that out.

For once I think this is a match where range actually matters. Since the fight is within a 2 km distance, and Moltres can attack from hundreds of kilometers away, he should be able to spam hurricanes. Even if Birdra has a resistance to it, it should still do enough chip damage for Moltres to be able to take her out once she gets close enough to be hit with heavier firepower. Even Moltres' regular attacks can reach "likely dozens of meters", compared to Birdramon's "looks to be 40 feet". Birdra would likely only be able to get one or two hits in.

I vote Moltres with mid-difficulty, as Birdra would most likely have taken heavy fire once she gets close enough to land a hit.

Note that all of this is just assuming that Moltres just sits there and spams hurricanes from afar.
Depends how fast both people are allowed to go.

Super Ascended Sean Pazdera said:
Birdramon is fodder anyways, and with all of their stuff equalized Moltres would win.
Are you claiming that Darkanine is making a spite thread? Because speed is the only thing that's equalized here.

Super Ascended Sean Pazdera said:
Without equalized stuff though, which ruins the point of debating, Birdramon stomps due to her danmaku and size.
Sora's Birdramon, (which is the one that is linked to in this thread) doesn't have Danmaku, so I don't know what you're on about. Even then, it isn't a "Stomp". Especially when Birdra's supposed maximum range is 40 feet. And that wasn't even Birdra's feat; it was Garudomon's feat, so it's likely much lower.

Compare that to Moltres' range of hundreds of kilometers via Hurricane and Sunny Day, and that's nothing. Even Moltres' normal attacks have a range of likely dozens of meters, and 40 feet is roughly one dozen. Moltres could easily play defensively and keep his distance while pressuring Birdra from afar by spamming ranged attacks.

And for your statement about Birdramon's size, I could agree Birdramon is definitely bigger, but I wouldn't say it's to the extent that it negates all the stuff I've mentioned above, especially taking their stats into consideration.

Attack potency and Durability is also roughly equalized because their 6-B versions are being used. Birdramon's danmaku is her Meteor Wing, which even Kokatorimon had a hard time dodging. And Birdramon has a better range than 40 feet as of what I personally remember, she fired her Meteor Wing at Meramon from a farther distance than that and all the fire missile things took a direct hit.

You didn't answer my question.

Are you implying that the OP here is making a spite thread, simply because their 6-B versions are being used? That's not equalizing stats, that's just using their respective 6-B forms to make the matchup fair.

"Roughly equalized" is not the same as equalizing speed. Speed is the only thing that's truly equalized here. In fact, it's flat out against the rules here to completely equalize Attack Potency and Durability. You're making it sound like the OP is buffing Moltres and making a spite thread.

And for your point about the higher than 40 feet thing, I'm gonna have to hear your exact estimate in order to compare it to that of Moltres' range, and show me a video to see if I can agree. I doubt it would be superior to Moltres' range of what is supposedly hundreds of kilometers, and I'm inclined to believe there's more to the Meteor Wing than what you're saying, as this is a Danmaku, not this . Unless you can link me to something that says otherwise, preferably a video or a gif.

Well, I didn't intend it to be spite at least, since I love Birdramon to death and never cared for Moltres to much. Seems as Moltres is winning by a considerable margin (3 to 1 or 2, can't tell who Pazdera is voting for). Also, remember this is Tri Birdramon, whose consistently been drawn at being much smaller than her Kaiju-like depiction in Adventure 01

https://youtu.be/mJ1c6PMFMXw?t=67

http://imgur.com/a/Rt8fP

Granted the size is still inconsistent as crap. Not really sure if Meteor Wing can be considered a danmaku attack either, isn't it just a blast of fire?

Yeah Moltres seems to have this fight seeing as it's stats and abilities along with range(odd huh?) give her the edge.

Back