• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

mob's speed feat in episode 8.

In episode 8 of mob psycho 100 mob catches fire when he takes scar up in the sky and brings him down. He even has a mach cone kind of thing. So shouldn't this make him hypersonic. I mean it was pretty obvious he was hypersonic since he caught fire. I am just asking for opinions

Didn't look that impressive in the manga but that's probably because the manga's art and scaling is really crappy. Anyway you would probably need a calc for this.

It seemed like atmospheric re entry as it had a fiery mach cone or something. But I'll try calcing it.

Well the timeframe wasn't clear in the manga, all we know is the claw members burned his house down and then managed to get 20km away by the time mob reached home, it's not clear how long it took mob to catch up to them so i think a minute is a good lowball.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Well the timeframe wasn't clear in the manga, all we know is the claw members burned his house down and then managed to get 20km away by the time mob reached home, it's not clear how long it took mob to catch up to them so i think a minute is a good lowball.

1 minute would yield 333 m/s (Transonic)

30 seconds would yield 666 m/s or Mach 1.9 (Supersonic)

10 seconds would yield 2000 m/s or Mach 5.8 (Hypersonic)

^we dont really have a conclusion to timeframe, and the calc for mobs comet-feat is also not posted here :/

the destruction was limited to a city block at most, but does anyone know how strong the destruction would be if we turn mob+scar-esper into a comet? i guess mob is around 40-50 kg, scar-dude should be 70-90, so we get a 110-140 kg heavy comet,

how strong would the explosion be if something like that hits earth? (could that be used as a "possible strength"?)

The manga is the primary canon but because of it's art it's practically impossible to scale anything to calc a feat.

Well that's frustrating lol. No offense intended of course. I just wish we could do the same for other anime adaptions when the manga panels themselves aren't so clear.

^if they arent contradicting the manga (and mostlikely in cases the manga provided unsufficient info for calcs, like sometimes if a timespan must be decided and we take anime-timespan for calcs if possible) than they should be used as far as i know, but i can be wrong too :/

If we go off what the original post and 2nd comment said, if it is anything like atmospheric re-entry the that makes it hypersonic speed. Typical low orbit re-entry is about 17,500mph which puts Mob as a high hypersonic. Maybe Mach 22 or 23. It's really hard to judge these kind of things though

Celestial Pegasus said:

The claw member he found wasn't the one who burned his house. They said they were on the way to Mob's house. Shou burned Mob's house.

Ah i remembered that wrong it seems, either way though i don't think we can get a good timeframe, at least i don't think so would have to look back on the chapter again later when i have some free time.

Considering the time frame it took for him to get down, I doubt that could be reentry. But then again there has been numerous cases in anime where people can talk when laser beams are firing and what not. So it's probably safe to put it at supersonic for now just because Sonic Boom.

On the other hand there's also this if you guys are interested https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/377802

Although now I'm starting to think that this would be more sensible for 100% Mob

Talked to a couple of guys on other sites and stalked a few others, it seems that the general consensus is that Mob is Hypersonic in Anime in 100%. Seems believable. Any arguments guys? Now wondering if weaker espers shoud be supersonic via scaling.

And also, that Episode 11

Idk if that's in that specific episode but watching a fight where he is at 100% I noticed that he:

• Makes sonic booms
  • Catches on fire through movement
  • Melts concrete through friction
  • Catches his explosions to avoid damage

Isn't the minimum ablation speed around Mach 4~5? I remember seeing that used in calcs in the past. Also, if Teruki traveled 20 km in a short time, even if it was 20 seconds it would be supersonic+ wouldn't it?

Mob was the one who performed the feat not teruki and he did it in his base.

Mob speed feat
Mob speed feat 1

Mob speed feat 2

We don't know the timeframe it took for him to perform the feat in between the feat it skipped to what was happening with teruki and then when we switched back mob arrived.

Oh… on his page it's listed as Teruki's feat, would you mind linking the chapter so I can better understand the context of it?

It's not teruki's feat it just says "far faster than teruki and traveled 20km in a short time frame" i guess that wasn't clear enough it should be also traveled 20km in a short time frame. Teruki is subsonic cause he moved so fast that the body improvement club members couldn't see him when he moved and mob>teruki plus the feat of mob travelling 20km which makes him supersonic.

Back