• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mob's Possibly Massively Hypersonic Rating

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Administrator
Mob's mhs speed should be removed because of a number of reasons for one, the feat didn't happen in the main story and it is likely an outlier as a feat on this scale has never been done in the main story, and i find it a bit ridiculous for base mob to be that high, as it was base mob who did this and casually, the best speed feat mob has so far is only supersonic.

This rating which comes from mob causally pulling a yeti from the Himalayas also contradicts events that happened in the main story. After mob's house was attacked, he was to say the least pretty upset, the people who did it were only 20km away, if mob could do such a thing as bring a yeti all the way from the Himalayas, pulling those enemies to him should have been easy, but instead he choose to fly towards them.

Well for one thing he didn't exactly know what they looked like and wasn't thinking straight. He had to focus a bit on the manga in order to do that remember? And it's only possibly.

On the other hand, in the anime he did keep up with

I'm also preparing a series of bios on DA but there's a high likelihood that the SCAR Cadre members are supersonic due to the effect that Ishiguro had on Reigen, the high liklihood of them reacting to Sakurai's Air Gun alongside the sheer casualness 1000% Reigen deflected the attack, and when Koyama was ambushed by Mob (who summons a shockwave at his dash that blew away everyone) and reacted to him afterwards, which is another support for a supersonic feat.

Oh and you also also have Mob igniting the air as he goes down with Koyama.

Edit - TBH, I didn't even notice he was MHS till you pointed it out.

It doesn't change the fact that mob could nonetheless sense that they were 20km away if he could sense where they are and he had the ability to pull a yeti from himilayas i don't see what's stopping him from doing it with people only 20km away, being bloodlusted should have made him more likely to use such an ability to find the people who seemingly killed his family.

As for the supersonic stuff, have no problem with those just just mhs feat i have an issue with.

Was gonna argue about its credibility but then I realized there's really nothing bad about not having it. I concede. You can fix it if you'd like, I don't think anyone else particularly minds. Then again it could be PIS too considering Mob's range could reach up to the stratosphere and he didn't just use it on them. Or that even if he is MHS he could still use it on them.

I'll set up the upgrade buffs once I finish rereading the manga and updating everyone.

I mean in the first place why are we even considering a feat that happened outside of the main story? The anthologies are just extras with better art than the main story, don't see why we would use it especially if it contradicts feats in the main story, no one in mob psycho has ever shown a feat on such a scale before, it's clearly an outlier even if it's canon.

Well it is serving to add on to the story, kinda like what happens behind the scenes. But it is a bit of an outlierish for now. That's the only contradiction I'm seeing. But like I said feel free to remove it.

I will remove it then, it's nothing too major and it's unlikely this thread will get anymore input anyway.

Actually, found a little something.

Mob may have reacted to actual lightning in his 100% form.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-viNwXUSFGGo/VoW6SgRV7BI/AAAAAAAB_2k/jTfxtyhYJSc/s0-Ic42/000.png

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-8pDwUkmziLk/VoW6SgzfQgI/AAAAAAAB_2k/i6nHoOiwens/s0-Ic42/002.png

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-r0ZdaPREXw8/VoW6TAdDhQI/AAAAAAAB_2k/UFzMeKeTZWo/s0-Ic42/003.png

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-vSlcOzAThFA/VoW6TTUpPrI/AAAAAAAB_2k/6vzZ85minhQ/s0-Ic42/004.png

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KcDh5iSZ4CE/VoW6TYlS5lI/AAAAAAAB_2k/M1m644JgQlo/s0-Ic42/005.png

This is Suzuki turning his clouds into lightning clouds and shooting actual lightning at Mob. His barrier previously was broken too.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-TP84naFlVB4/VoW5_pPp4aI/AAAAAAAB_00/Ds29pwuIrRg/s0-Ic42/010.png

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-FYfBCVWjVcs/VoW5_1LkfYI/AAAAAAAB_00/sg8VJ5hc_U8/s0-Ic42/011.png

So if he didn't block this with a barrier he would have to react fast enough to conver the energy. Supported by the fact that his eyes widened and how his barrier only shone after using it. Although then again if he didn't absorb it fast enough his barrier would be broken immediately.

Also I calculated the giant building he threw and saw that there was a sonic boom when he thrown it. I got a Town level feat from a calc by using the mass of skyscrapers and assuming there was 50 of them in there.

Thoughts?

Ah good catch core, i think this might indeed be legit lightning, and mob was getting electricuted so he had to be fast enough to put up his barrier and then also be fast enough to absorb the lightning.

As for mob throwing the giant building, idk, i am not a calc member so i can't help you there, you will have to post that calc as a blog and then have it evaluated.

Yup, was initially worried at first that he already had it on but then remembered it broke earlier. And that he looked far too surprised. I can see this scaling to 1000% Reigen, Dimple's latest forms, Suzuki, and Mogami. Trying to think of who else, and maybe the Broccoli.

No worries, I'll just prepare it later. Then again it would scale nicely to Mob defeating Mogami.

Ah now that i think about it, you shouldn't bother with that calc, a thunderstorm has 10^15 joules of energy, which is large town level and suzuki created a thunderstorm and was using it to attack mob, so large town level suzuki i think.

If at 60% his power he is at large town level at full power he should be closer to small city level.

No, you can't just do that especially when the upgrades are this massive, there needs to be more input before anything is changed.

You should politely ask some other discussion mods to have a look at this thread.

You should preferably post a calculation blog for the feats, and get it accepted by at least one calc group member (unless another member disagrees).

Here is a page that might help: Lightning Dodging Feats

There should be blogs for the calcs. Also, we don't see him actually reacting to the lightning, so while it's possible he did we can't really get a precise value off of it. Tier 7 upgrades sounds fine, though; but, again, calc necessary.

Thanks and will do, I'll prepare it eventually.

Although if he didn't Promestein then he would be seriously injured, especially since the barrier was broken earlier and came up afterwards.

Oh, I know, but we can't really know the exacts of the dodge or reaction

This upgrade has been put off for a while now, MHS is fine with me, but as for the large town level stuff i am not sure anymore, mob was the one who made the clouds, and afterwards suzuki changed them in thunder clouds, not sure if that makes it different than just straight up creating everything by himself, plus i remember there being a discussion about whether we should use feats like creating thunderstorms, so i don't know if it's usable anymore.

Gotcha on that.

There's still the building stackup calc I'm planning that would lead to that upgrade actually. And also I remember that debate. However I think the general consensus is that if the person doesn't typically use stuff like energy and only summoned the storm, they're only using environmental destruction or something. If they consistently use stuff like electricity as attacks, it's likely that they have the DC to do that. In here well, Suzuki is an electromaster too.

Well there's still the issue of Suzuki doing that at 40% then again I'm more worried about the MHS feat tbh.

You would need it calc in order to get anything higher than MHS, just dodging lightning without a calc isn't going to get you anything higher than that, the best we could do is put them at least MHS.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:CoreOfimBalance(COB)/Mob_Psycho_100_-_Suzuki_Psycho_40%

Ask and ye shall receive. I couldn't get a motion for the speed they were going so the first part is only applicable for reactions, but the second part should provide good enough reasoning on why they could apply that for their combat speed.

Oh and CP thoughts on my argument for the town calc thunderstorm thing? And the inclusion of well how Keiji did create that mental world and yet Mob wiped himed out? Wouldn't that be Town level or higher itself?

Back