• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mob Psycho speed— a general discussion.

Since I thought CRTs were allowed, I accidentally made a thread, but was shut down. So I’ll just make a general discussion thread for anyone who has any arguments for or against my proposal to revise the speed for Mob Psycho, particulary the sub-relativistic part. Here is the former thread where I first discussed the possible speed revision if you want to read the argument I had: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Thread:4620285#17

Feel free to debate below.

As the one who caused that calc to exist, I agree with it being removed unless someone has good reasoning for it to stay. That said we're still in the middle of a move so we can kinda hold back on deciding now.

I’m not sure. I heard this website is still being set up so maybe not

Edit: a staff member just said they aren’t allowed now

Edit Edit: I’m dumb

Last edited:
Well. I‘ll try make a CRT soon, although it would be my first one and I dont actually know how to do it. Someone else could if they want.

@AtomicSekiro I know I'm late but isn't Toichiro stated that Mob absorbed attack and not exactly tanked? Absorption itself isn't automatic as I know and also requires an reaction to do it.

@AtomicSekiro I know I'm late but isn't Toichiro stated that Mob absorbed attack and not exactly tanked? Absorption itself isn't automatic as I know and also requires an reaction to do it.
Mob began absorbing the attack after it had already struck his passive barriers, so he still didn’t react to the lightning as it travelled to him, he simply realised he was being struck by lightning and switched to absorb mode a few seconds after being hit.

Yes, that is what happened. It’s like if you were being sprayed by water, and while you were being sprayed, you lifted a shield to shield yourself from the rest.

Understandable.
Then I feel the only thing to justify mob speed here would be calculate other speed feats, that happened in manga or anime. And maybe to calculate speed of energy beams which mob psycho 100 characters usually use.

Understandable.
Then I feel the only thing to justify mob speed here would be calculate other speed feats, that happened in manga or anime. And maybe to calculate speed of energy beams which mob psycho 100 characters usually use.
Well since I’m new to this discussion I’m gonna ask didn’t mob catch on fire vs Koyama?That seems like Supersonic speeds at least

Or is that already being looked into

Well since I’m new to this discussion I’m gonna ask didn’t mob catch on fire vs Koyama?That seems like Supersonic speeds at least

Or is that already being looked into
I'm pretty bad remember the feat itself, so can you send a link to feat(if you can of course)? Probably it was already looked, buy I just want to look the feat.

As I remember, death battle calced this as x5 of speed of sound, death battle not every time is a credible source but feat looks like it can give a boost for mob's speed, so someone must calculate that.
I'll request that in calculatoin request thread.

As I remember, death battle calced this as x5 of speed of sound, death battle not every time is a credible source but feat looks like it can give a boost for mob's speed, so someone must calculate that.
I'll request that in calculatoin request thread.
I did read up when I was searching up about Plane travel for Passenger planes at Hypersonic speed that catching on fire would be a big problem although Mob is not a plane so we will just have to see

if it is hypersonic it’s a nice upgrade since they currently only Transonic now

Because he was moving at such speed during his fight against Koyama that he made concrete and some steel melt by moving through it

It think the second one was calculated but not the first, it would also be cool to calc the damage done by the beam of Mogami's evil spirit, since Mob tanked it

Weren't these performed in the astral plane? I'm not sure if they'd scale to actual physicals.

I mean, I'd be fine with it but I think it was rejected at some point.

How do we treat anime feats?

Plus, I think it was ruled out as an outlier back then.

Though, the low-end is a good supporting feat for High 8-C I guess.

Back