• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mob Psycho 100: 100% Mob Lifting Strength Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloverDragon03

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
So there I was- wait, I've done this kind of intro already, dammit. Anyways, was looking at Mob's profile and saw that he was Class P from this feat.

However, there's one big problem: scaling the creation of a storm to Mob's Lifting Strength is entirely unsupported. Based on the clip the calc blog provides, the means by which the storm is through just the exertion of Mob's psychic energy and thus has no basis for scaling to lifting strength. Hell, we typically don't even scale storm feats to lifting strength to begin with unless there's a noteworthy reason to.

As such, I propose that the Class P rating be removed from all the Mob Psycho profiles that have it. Instead, the rating will be replaced with Class T via this accepted calc.

As always, let's keep things civil, because at the end of the day this do just be a hobby.

Could've sworn any form of TK could be put as lifting strength unless it was haxed based like crushing time or some shit

Oh well

I think it would be Shigeo releasing his energy/TK to counter Toichiro's energy/TK, "merging" and creating/changing the clouds. It also appears that the clouds moved higher up in the sky.

I think it would be Shigeo releasing his energy to counter Toichiro's energy, "merging" and creating/changing the clouds. It also appears that the clouds moved higher up in the sky.
Releasing energy is not grounds for any form of lifting strength though, because that's an AP thing

Wouldn't it be scalable anyway? One's psychic energy is directly proportional to their telekinetic might in the setting anyway, so him being able to do this with one would allow him to do so with the other.

Wouldn't it be scalable anyway? One's psychic energy is directly proportional to their telekinetic might in the setting anyway, so him being able to do this with one would allow him to do so with the other.
He's not moving it telekinetically though, it's just created from the release of his psychic energy. Nothing in the scene indicates he was telekinetically moving the clouds

He's not moving it telekinetically though, it's just created from the release of his psychic energy. Nothing in the scene indicates he was telekinetically moving the clouds
I mean, was there any psychic energy release in that scene? I can't remember it that well and usually you'd see it visualised. Could be wrong though.

I mean, was there any psychic energy release in that scene? I can't remember it that well and usually you'd see it visualised. Could be wrong though.
He just has his aura out, no telekinesis, and there's wind around him

Nothing in the feat showcases Telekinesis, he just releases his psychic energy and this happens. Where in the feat is Telekinesis shown?

Actually, looking at the feat more, he does move the storm. But, why are we assuming it's anything more than telekinesis? It's not as though he's creating shockwaves to do so.or anything of the sort and we already see how a powerful aura can telekinetically levitate and move materials in the surroundings and I don't think this would be different.

That's what I have to say on it. I'll see what other staff think.

I agree the LS calc assumes he moves the entire mass he created at the speed he created it which is simply wrong

IMO it would be best to just simply calc the Building Ball feat from the anime since we can use the anime for scaling now

I agree the LS calc assumes he moves the entire mass he created at the speed he created it which is simply wrong

IMO it would be best to just simply calc the Building Ball feat from the anime since we can use the anime for scaling now
I did, but I used the mob's attack speed from another calc.

Although it would be considered Calc Stack, so I think it would not count
3.8645042e+17 LS
1.1091788e+15 LS
1.2677618e+15 LS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back