• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MK VS DC Pt. I: Ebon VS Noob Saibot

MrKingOfNegativity

Abstract embodiment of being undesirable
VS Battles
Retired
Thematic as ****.

OG Noob. Battle takes place in the Subway stage, with both combatants starting at a few meters. Speed is obviously equalized.

Ebo: 1 (Teon)

Noob Saibot: 2 (Kredory, Xta)

This one's in the dark: 0

Negligible.

DCAU Street tiers scale to 56 MJ. MK OG Timeline normals scale to 49.2 MJ.

Alright **** it let me just explain my vote

Noob Saibot doesn't even have anything, not even a single cutscene, to tell what does this guy do IC. So I'll safely assume he'll just use martial arts and not his powers which we have never seen on screen.

That being said, I don't think Noob has a way around regen since he's never going to use his powers. Meanwhile Ebon (probably) has a lot of things to tell what he does IC since he's got a whole show with him in it and could either BFR Noob and easily dodge his attacks with intangibility.

On one hand, yes, he has a bunch of episodes that show him fighting.

...On the other hand, most of said episodes show him jobbing really hard. He's even lost to Rubberband Man, who's basically him without any intangibility or regen. And speaking of regen, he's been knocked out in spite of it numerous times.

Without PIS, he's probably a lot more dangerous than the show painted him as. But still.

Also, I wouldn't assume that Classic Noob doesn't use his powers at all. All the lack of cutscenes mean is that we don't know what he's guaranteed to use or not.

Nvm retract my vote, I forgot about how this Bi-Han is way more skilled than his current incarnation where he jobbed due to his status as an Outworld lackey. He beat Shinnok, Quan Chi, beat four gods (two of them had elemental intangibility) and has experience with enemies with intangibility (iirc MKM:SZ had supernatural monks that can phase through attacks tho I might be wrong)

Does he use BFR in character? If he does then Noob can't come back from that but he can somehow escape by teleporting away the moment he gets in the portal

He does use BFR in character quite a few times. He's pulled others into his shadow form and dropped them elsewhere, was about to overtake and BFR an entire train car in order to send Static and D-Struct on a "one-way trip to oblivion", and even used his portal creation to throw Static into an active volcano once. (Rubberband Man saved the latter before he could hit the lava, because yeah...)

Hmm

Noob is definitely more skilled than Ebon here, he was even considered a threat by Quan Chi back when he was still the Elder Sub-Zero plus he can just send a clone of himself to test Ebon's powers and see how they work. He's done this before as ESZ since he constantly solves puzzles in MKM: SZ and you need to try out multiple symbols to unlock stuff so he's definitely smarter.

He's got power nullification to prevent him from using his attacks, invisibility to confuse Ebon, and teleportation to avoid getting sucked in to his portals and clones.

Honestly, being smarter and more skilled than Ebon would've been a given anyway, seeing as the latter is a lot more of a ganglord archetype and relies on intimidation tactics to keep people afraid of him.

Power Null (or at least Noob's brand of it) would only keep Ebon from summoning portals or going intangible. Unless I'm just forgetting something, it wouldn't stop him from punching or growing larger, seeing as those are purely physical options. (Although in the former case, Noob probably has him beat in that area)

Yes, his null just prevents you from using your powers, so intangibility and portals are out. Noob has beaten larger opponents before in MKM:SZ since there were multiple bosses that are bigger than him such as the Earth God, some Netherrealmer riding a ******* dinosaur, a big mech with a sawblade, etc.

>some Netherrealmer riding a dinosaur

And people say that game is terrible.

So, do you have a vote?

Yeah I guess he comfortably takes this

I mean power null is dodgeable since it's a projectile but he's way more skilled, versatile and experienced, that's what matters here.

sigh I remember when Noob was a ******* beast in the OG timeline

Now he's a jobber which is one of the benefits of working for Outworld even though his skills and feats in MKM:SZ were still canon

At least he's not Quan Chi. Look at how far ''that'' ************ fell.

So, question. Since the power null is a projectile that can be dodged, can't Ebon pretty easily dodge it given his body control? And typical dodging capabilities every human has? And if he's about to be attacked, couldn't he just turn his body into a portal that Noob will fall into while he attacks?

The former, yes.

The latter, probably, but I'm not sure if that's something he'd think of right away.

Alright. So I'm think that his intangibility will at least prove an issue.

Him not being all that smart is really a big weakness. Jeez. But then again, that's why half the folk on there lose to Static.

To be fair, Static happens to be really intelligent, even for a superhero.

This is the same guy who figured out how to perform electrolysis on a girl made of water, magnetize doors to make them almost impossible to open, manipulate radio waves to listen in on people, and magnetize people to walls. All within the first two seasons.

...Although yeah, a lot of his enemies are not known for being clever. Ebon isn't even the worst; a few of the common Static Shock rogues are really braindead.

Yeah. Static is obscenely intelligent. But I really love him.

This is...very true. In his short run in the new 52, he nullified someone's intangibility with his powers as well, lol.

Yeah. Like Hotstreak.

Ah, thank you.

I'm going to tentatively cast a vote for Ebon. He can dodge the power null projectile, and would likely BFR Noob after a bit. I doubt he'd try to engage him in CQC for too long once he starts getting beat. And would resort to his tricks.

Oh, if he can make portals to hell and back then he should be able to come back. Ebon once BFR'd Static to a volcano somewhere, but that's not an entirely different dimension.

Back