• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MK Verse Stat Boost

Nothing against MK, but the mass powerscale is a bad idea.

Agree.

P.S. I, personally, against mass powerscaling in any verse, not only in MK.

Okay, since everybody seems to agree about this, I think that you can only upgrade characters that performed specific feats.

Okay I guess I can live with that. But what about the people obviously above Shang Tsung, like Shao Kahn, Quan Chi, Raiden, and Shinnok?

Are they explicitly stated to be above Shang Tsung and didn't just beat him because of game mechanics?

Also, if there's doubt over the size of the island, you should proabably ask the calcing group to try and get a solid number for it rather than just slap a rating on it.

Unclechairman said:
Are they explicitly stated to be above Shang Tsung and didn't just beat him because of game mechanics?

Also, if there's doubt over the size of the island, you should proabably ask the calcing group to try and get a solid number for it rather than just slap a rating on it.
Well Liu Kang has beaten him so many times it's kind of obvious. Quan Chi is above him because he beat him, Shao Kahn is above him because he casually killed him, Raiden is above him because he's up there with Shao Kahn, and Shinnok is a fallen elder god who is above Quan Chi.

^^above is again a mass powerscale without context if those characters are above him (although shao kahn, raiden, shinnok, onaga should be above him, unsure about Quan Chi)

I don't really know anything about Mortal Kombat but I do agree that mass powerscaling is a bad idea, as that might lead to some characters stats getting inflated to levels that they are not really at, and I more or less think that we should only upgrade characters that perform specific feats.

Some powerscaling wouldn't be that bad through, if there is enough proof that the characters in question can be powerscaled.

Well, it should be obvious Liu Kang, Raiden, Quan Chi, Shinnok, and Shao Kahn powerscale due to being a higher tier in the MK Universe.

Have you asked the calc group to calc Shang Tsung's feat yet? You can do so in this thread. I recommend you do so, since there is doubt over the size of the island in question, and the only alternative is slapping a tier on it without any other basis.

Thing is, I don't really think that picture works because Shang Tsung's island has ALOT of mountains, a huge temple, a volcano, and an underground lair. In the picture however, the island is treated as flat, with Shang Tsung's temple taking up most of the space, when it should be taking up a very small fraction.

So the island is not to scale in that picture? Well, this complicates things. Do you have any other pictures of Shang Tsung's island that might be to scale. Granted, if it has mountains and volcanoes on it, that would seem to suggest that the island is indeed island-sized, warranting actual Island level, unless the mountains and volcano are tiny as well. I'm not sure what SeiryuShin was basing his reasoning on; if he or someone else could clarify, that would help.

Skodwarde The Almighty said:
I could always ask ProtoDude when he's done with whatever he's doing i guess....
I wouldn't get my hopes up with that. Proto's been busy with schooling lately and hasn't been online for a while.

Unclechairman said:
So the island is not to scale in that picture? Well, this complicates things. Do you have any other pictures of Shang Tsung's island that might be to scale. Granted, if it has mountains and volcanoes on it, that would seem to suggest that the island is indeed island-sized, warranting actual Island level, unless the mountains and volcano are tiny as well. I'm not sure what SeiryuShin was basing his reasoning on; if he or someone else could clarify, that would help.
http://www.mksecrets.net/images/mk9/arena06.jpg

MK9's Pits give us a pretty good idea. Also keep in mind when looking at the picture that there's also a large cavern below them, making the mountains even larger.

Shao Khan and Raiden are most definitely above Shang Tsung, Shao Khan is even seen ripping his souls out like they're nothing when he's done with him

Quan Chi is considered the superior sorcerer in verse and typically beats him when they go head to head

Shinnok nearly stalemated unrestricted Raiden so he has better going for him

it's others scaling to this i'm shaky about

I don't know. Liu Kang still seems like he should be up there. He is the guy who has constantly defeated Shang Tsung and Shao Kahn.

(On a side note is anyone else a little happy that Liu Kang is being replaced by Cassie? I never really liked the guy.)

While i can let Kang beating Tsung slide, him beating Kahn is borderline PIS imo.....except maybe the MK2 victory.

Skodwarde The Almighty said:
While i can let Kang beating Tsung slide, him beating Kahn is borderline PIS imo.....except maybe the MK2 victory.
Eh, I think the reason that Liu Kang's fights seem like PIS is because he never has the crazy feats everyone else has, yet he was treated as the main hero for a while.

Zombies are cool.

Liu Kang is cool.

Putting both together is not exactly a good thing.

Maybe if it had been like...Cage.

Or Kano. Cyborg Zombie Assassin.

Back