• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MK Verse Stat Boost

It's not really much of a massive powerscale though. It only applies to about 5 people and the people above Shang Tsung.

Also no matter what this would have to apply to the people above Shang Tsung too who have in fact been beaten by the 5 characters I mentioned.

Yea but If the power scaling applys to those characters it would in turn have to powerscale to any and every character who fought them Which is a massive powerscale

I don´t know MK, but lets speak generally about the feats in question.
First about the Hypersonic speed:
From the thread you listed you mean the Raiden x-ray calc I assume?
Well that calc is wrong. Between the ingame and the cutscene time actually did pass, which means the timeframe is actually longer than assumed in the calc. That is easily proven.
The other character is punched up into the air and reaches its peak in the scene. Lets say this peak is about 100m above the clouds so about 13 kilometers into the air.
If the flight path is supposed to have its peak there we can simply use this calculator to figure the timeframe out. The launch velocity is in this case 505 m/s and the peak is reached after 51 seconds. So since raiden didn´t reach the peak before the other character he did need at least 51 seconds to reach it.

13000m in 51 seconds is 254.9 m/s or Mach 0.74

The Island thing:

First at least I don´t even know how large the island is. Not every Island is as large as assumed for island level. To that comes that holding an island together doesn´t actually need as much energy as destroying an island. You would need to somehow quantify the energy required to hold the island together for it to get accepted (at least by me), but I don´t know how that could be done.

Well the pits are just one part of the island so that should give you an idea of how big it is. It carries multiple mountains, Goro's lair , Shag Tsung's temple, and even a volcanoe so I think it qualifies as a pretty big island.

I don't know too much about the hypersonic calc because I didn't do it. That would be ClassicGameGuys who calced it so Ill probably try to contact him and ask how he got these numbers.

Shao Kahn has individual planet level feats as far as I am aware.

One more question. What about the people who've also regularly beat the people above him? That only really means a few more people.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Well, that seems pretty direct, so I suppose that should be fine.
Well that's essentially what I was going for in the first place.

I never wanted a mass powerscale. That'd literally mean Bo Rai Cho was island level. As cool as that sounds, it's ridiculous XD.

I still have to ask ClassicGameGuys about his calc and see what he has to say about the argument.

Well, I am still uncertain, but will go along if the other staff members agree. However, Shang Tsung's "island" feat is extremely suspicious, given that this would require a mass far larger than Mount Everest. Having a few lairs on it would likely just qualify it as City level at best.

Also, did you ask for input from the moderators as well?

I'm currently waiting to see if they'll get a notification because they already commented on here.

If you look at the Pit stage in MK9 which is part of the island, you can see it carries multiple mountains and even a large volcanoe.

I mean that you only seem to have asked the active admins to offer input, not the moderators. They are staff members as well.

Hmm. To be honest i can't give a solid answer cause for one thing, i never once thought of characters like Raiden being Hypersonic of possibly above. Another is that i just don't really care much to know about how strong these guys are(except for maybe Shao Khan. I kno he's a tough SoB for quite a while but man i did not think he'd be powrful enough to be in the Tier 5 zone).

Well, how fast would the island fly apart if it weren't being held together? Depending on how fast that was, it might be quite different from Island Level. Also, how big was the island? Can we get a scan of the island itself? These things seem necessary to properly quantify the feat in question, here.

Well, the island sinking left enough time for Liu Kang and Kung Lao to escape but not without them having to kill some people along the way, so probably as a best estimation it took about 10-15 minutes considering they were easily killing anyone who got in their way.

Shang_tsung_palace_view.png

I thought I wouldn't find a picture but here it is! Dear God it's bigger than I thought. It takes up a large part of Netherrealm's globe (Note: Most "realms" in MK take place in different dimensions, but are planets... Ya I know that's confusing as hell but bare with me here.)

Also I checked how long it could have taken them to get off the island, and it actually took at best 40-45 minutes or so.

You will need some sort of pixel scaling calculation of the size or similar.

Liu Kang certainly, Sonya for making sure Quan Chi never feels like a man again (hehe), Jax for may I just say, completely one shotting Quan Chi (It's never his day), and lastly Johnny for beating skeleton hands (Shinnok).

As for what Quan Chi has to do with this, he's superior to Shang Tsung.

And of course this scaling goes to the people above Shang Tsung.

Back