• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Misc Digimon Revisions lll

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real cal howard said:
So, Daemon is Lucemon. Makes sense.
Nope they're different. ovo.

Digimon does the whole separation of Lucifer and Satan just like SMT.

@Cal Also Lilithmon is a deleted Ophanimon and LadyDevimon is a deleted Angewomon.

Oh, when I read "revive" I thought it was referring to someone else, not his own Super Ultimate form. lol

In all seriousness, I'd say that they're using deleted like banished, but they also said that graveyard for deleted data.

...wait, how could nonexisistent things have a graveyard? (No, this is not an argument. Just pointing out some logic mess up)

Deleted in Digimon has never been used for banished. Deleted means erased from existence. That's even more consistent.

Usually because leaving the Dark Area without help is nearly impossible.

PaChi2 said:
@Dragon that's a serious Emerald Weapon rip off lol.
I believe Aarkadimon came first. When did Emerald weapon appear? This guy appeared before the original Digimon anime iirc.

Deleted to the Dark World makes no grammatical sense though. Which is why I would've pointed it out even though I know Digimon get deleted in the actual sense of the word. You can't be deleted to something.

Also, is like to read the LadyDevimon and Lilithmon things. Out of interest. Not even for this

Well, FF7 came out in '97 and V-Tamer started in '98. Meaning Emerald Weapon came first.

@Cal. With terms like "SUPER ULTIMATE" and having a level above "Perfect level", Digimon has never really made grammatical sense..

The Dark Area is Hell. Earlier mentions in the franchise refer to it as simply "Hell", but they seem to be the same thing. There's also a "Heaven" as mentioned in a few Reference Books, but it's never really been expanded upon as far as I can tell. There's a few more implied afterlives like the "Golden World" but they're, once again, brief mentions.

Okay, let's start with the quote about digimon deleted and the Dark Area:

However, because it raged in fury or rebellion, against a being of goodness in the Digital World (perhaps the very human that created the Digital World), it was deleted to the Dark Area (the graveyard of deleted data).
Dragon has already brought this quote here, in that part of the Demon's profile it is said that he was deleted and sent to the Dark Area which is the cemetery of the deleted data, ie the place where the data goes when they are deleted.

It constantly surveys the Dark Area, to which Digimon that were deleted when their life span finished, or when they were defeated in battle, are ultimately transmitted (and are transmitted there despite Fallen Angel Digimon and their like inhabiting it). As for the Digimon transferred to the Dark Area, if their data is evil, it imprisons them within eternal darkness, but if their data is good, it has the ability to reset them back to a Digitama
Here we have another mention of the Dark Area and the deleted Digimon, here it is mentioned that the Digimon who died, either for natural causes or for losing a fight, are the deleted Digimon and they are sent to the Dark Area.

Bo-3j

Created from the resentment of those that were erased midway through evolution, a dark core that brings ruin!
This is another mention of the deleted Digimon, this serves to complement the quote from Anubimon. It is mentioned that those Digimon that are lost through the process of evolution are Digimon erased, comparing with our world this is equivalent to the species that are extinct for not having been able to evolve enough. Again this makes reference to the dead Digimon being erased.

What is more, it is said that the hole is connected to the abyss of the Dark Area, and it's said that those who are sucked in have their souls (Digicores) smashed to pieces and are no longer able to escape.
This mention is very important because it helps to define that the Digimon that are sent to the Dark Area has their data completely deleted, their body, soul and mind are completely destroyed and as the other profiles say they are deleted. This will be used to finalize this text later.

Digital Monster Card Game Sheet
Dark Area (ÒâÇÒâ╝Òé»Òé¿Òâ¬Òéó): The 'Dark Area' is the name used to refer to your discard pile in this game. When your cards are discarded or 'sent to the Dark Area' during play, place them face-down onto your Dark Area.

Now let's get gameplay mechanic information, because yes OvO. As you can see from the Wikimon description, the Dark Area is basically the graveyard where the Digimon go after they die. This is applied in card games as being where the Digimon cards are sent after they are used, I know that gameplay mechanics is not a sustainable argument, but serves to show that the basic concept of the Dark Area is exactly that, the place where the Digimon go after they die.

But this only classifies the Dark Area as being the Digimon Inferno, nothing related to the beings that are deleted are actually erased from existence. In Digimon deleting someone can simply be killing someone
~ A random perso​
This can really make sense if we look from a shallow viewpoint, but we come to a profound conclusion if we look at the history of the franchise. As everyone knows in Digimon it all comes down to data, matter, souls, minds, time, space, and everything else that makes up a common universe is completely equalized to data when it comes to Digimon (And the opposite also occurs, I can bring more examples of this in the future if you want), but one thing is certain is that we can make comparisons of the Digital World with a conventional computer. So deleting in the sense of Digimon has the same sense of deleting in a computer, simply delete something that was on the computer, equalizing to a common universe we can say that it is an erase of existence. And this is not just my speculation, the franchise itself makes this clear in many moments.

Whenever the number of lifeforms in the world it inhabits exceeds a certain number (at the time the D-Reaper was born, this world had only a small Random Access Memory size), the D-Reaper deletes them, in order to return the "world" back to a state of "nothingness".
One of the important points of Digimon Tamers is the concept of D-Reaper, something that the writer of Digimon Tamers simply explained what it is through this section of your site. The D-Reaper deleted data and so it was reducing them to nothing, this proves the comparison I did before the Digital World and a computer, the sense of deleting something in Digimon has the same sense of permanently deleting something from the Computer. You can see other times this being mentioned in some scenes of Digimon Tamers:

FmXIEOe

GoOHQuh

DZfjhr7

FEUBKim

NoTuafJ

SHizopz

NR1y3Qq

1o4Jlwm

SMAZwEw

C7dqBB4

Nj5z9PC

FUcM11

B5HhNu3

WmR3FZo

CZexjGL
Here you have 15 images that show the function of the D-Reaper, it has the function of erasing the Digimon, delete them, erase them from existence, send them to nothing. This proves once and for all that in Digimon deleting or erasing means to permanently erase from existence, send to the pure nothingness. And of course, we have other quotes from the Digimon Reference Book.

Anything that comes in contact with the edges of the "Grey Sword" while "All Delete" is invoked are not cut, but erased.

Its Special Move is producing a super-oscillatory wave from both of its arms that destroys configuration data, completely erasing each of the opponents in the surrounding space (Erase Claw). If you suffer this attack, you are annihilated without leaving behind a single scrap of data.

Its Special Moves are emitting the Gypt Particles generated within the Great Evil Globe to its entire surroundings (Gypt Ryüshi Hou), and if you touch them even slightly, they will spread throughout your entire body and completely erase you without leaving any data behind.
As D-Reaper has already made it clear, erasing does not only mean destroying, but completely deleting the data. These three profiles make clear the meaning of deleting for the Digital World.

Now let's go back to the Dark Area and its inhabitants. As the profile of the Demon explained the Digimon are sent to the Dark Area when they are deleted, and as explained above it means erased from existence, and this usually occurs when a Digimon dies as said in the Anubimon profile. The profile of Gulfmon makes it explicit that when a Digimon is sent to the Dark Area it has its Digicore, all the Essence of its being destroyed, and it becomes pure nothing.

Since the beginning of the Digimon franchise the Dark Area is the graveyard of deleted data, the pure nothing without time and space, the place to which the deleted beings are sent and this is repeated through games, anime, databooks and manga . It is quite clear that the beings sent to the Dark Area are Digimon erased, and as already explained above this literally means erased from existence. It does not have to say that it is incoherent, it does not have to say that it is hyperbole, this is this way since the beginning of the franchise, since the first profiles of the Digital Monster and the card game "Hyper Colosseum" and that every year that is reconfirmed once more.

I hope this has cast doubt on people who still doubt that the Dark Area is non-existent, that deleting in Digimon literally means erasing all the data of a being and that the inhabitants of the Dark Area are literally beings that have been erased from existence and by this has had its essence completely destroyed.

That's all for now.

See, I always could say something, because I have a point I could make, but it'll look so measly next to that massive wall of text that it'll basically be nonexistent. Like the Dark Area.

With the way they speak it deserves to become a blog, I'll do it because I'm sure it's not the first and it will not be the last time the issue of the Digimon that inhabit the Dark Area and the meaning of the word delete in Digimon go be questioned.

I chose High 3-A for the X-Forms due to them only being able to make Omegamon flinch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back