• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Misc Digimon Revisions lll

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that SMT thread reminded me of something. Should all Digimon gain the ability to harm and kill nonexistent beings? As in the series this has been shown countless times and is consistent.

Long post incoming.

Fights:

Adventure 01
vs Keramon line

vs Devimon

vs Vademon

vs DemiDevimon (Would anyone call swatting him away a vs match?)

vs Myotismon

vs Apocalymon

Ryo Games
vs Millenniummon

vs MarineDevimon

vs Daemon

vs MaloMyotismon

vs Armageddemon

Tamers
vs Megidramon

vs Beelzemon

vs IceDevimon

vs Mephistomon

vs Gulfmon

vs Chrysalimon

Frontier
vs Cerberumon

vs SkullSatamon

vs Duskmon

vs Lucemon Falldown and Satan Mode

Savers
vs Belphemon

vs Keramon and Chrysalimon

vs BioDarkdramon (Not sure)

Savers: Another Missio
vs Chaosmon

vs All the SGDL

vs Myotismon

DW: DS
vs All the SGDL, twice

vs Armageddemon

DW: Dawn/Dusk
vs ChaosGallantmon

vs GranDracmon

vs All the SGDL (off screen by Sayo)

Cyber Sleuth
vs Chrysalimon

vs Devimon

vs SGDL

vs Infermon

vs Countless DemiDevimon (You'll get tired of the amount of random characters have this guy....)

vs Devimon....Again....

vs Ebemon

vs ChaosGallantmon (If we treat the Colosseum fights as canon)

Hacker's Memory (These are all likely possibilities)
vs Arkadimon (Let's be honest...it's gonna happen)

vs SkullSatamon (Being promoted so far)

V-Tamer
vs Arkadimon

vs Daemon

Tri
vs Imperialdramon Black

Is this convincing enough? I know I missed some.

One thing to add, I believe SGDLs should have the possession ability. As shown in Savers Another Mission the SGDL can take control over the living beings who sin according to their sins and with that they are transformed into materials for the SGDL. For example, if someone with the sin of lust battle Lilithmon he may be possessed by her and thereby the target becomes part of the SGDL. I think the SGDL should have: Possession (Can control any living being that has committed the sin it represents).

@Dragon, also has Digimon Heroes where Jupitermon fights Plutomon, he even claims he will send Plutomon back to the nothing he came from (referring to taking him back to the Dark Area).

Furthermore, Vademon, EBEmon, Armageddemon and DemiDevimon are generally portrayed as random encounters in the RPGs so I think it's pretty consistent. If it wasn't, DemiDevimon would be unkillable, and we all know that's not the case.

So SGDL get Possession.

And Digimon have the ability to kill non-existent beings.

@Dark Or maybe DemiDevimon is just more OP than we thought. ovo

Also would Machine Digimon gain a resistance to Mind Manipulation similar to how we treat Megaman characters? (Trying to get major stuff out of the way.)

Unless there's any scenes of them actively resisting Mind Manipulation, I'm unsure. What power would Devimon's black gears fall into? Because they were controlling Andromon.

Also Grimmon has Age Manipulation. He degenerated a whole bunch of Digimon back into eggs with an Omni-Directional blast.

Not sure if that's Age Manipulation or not, since the humans were unaffected. Maybe he just devolved them into eggs or something?

It could be that his Chrono DSR or whatver it's called manipulates the Data of structres of those he wants. He likely only targeted Digimon as they are the only ones who could physically fight back.

@Dragon. About the nonexistence hurting thing. Unpopular opinion here (I'm being entirely serious here. I'm completely open to being debunked), maybe Dark Area residents aren't nonexistent in the first place, given how many interactions they have with existent things, and they're able to be hit and killed by quite a lot.

I'm fine with the Demon Lord thing though.

Pretty sure they're literally described as being entities of non-existence at some point.

Yeah, but there is a point where if they don't act like non-existent beings should act, maybe they aren't non-existent in our sense. They could treat it like "Anti-matter" or whatever, not sentient voids that can't be erased.

What needs to be realized is that sometimes fiction doesn't treat abilities like they should be.

Logically it's impossible to erase a nonexistent being, but that happens a lot in fiction.

Just because an existent being can harm them should IMO more point towards "they can harm nonexistent beings", not "those beings aren't nonexistent".

The real cal howard said:
maybe Dark Area residents aren't nonexistent in the first place, given how many interactions they have with existent things, and they're able to be hit and killed by quite a lot.
The Dark Area is directly said to be as a place where the data that has been erased from existence goes, so something enters there it has its body, soul and mind entirely consumed. The Dark Area has been shown to exist outside the space-time flow, common space-time is eroded when it comes into contact with the Dark Area, and those entering the Dark Area are usually standing as if time itself had stopped. She was directly said to be pure nothing in Databooks, anime and games. The Dark Area being the manifestation of non-existence is the concept of it since it was drawn up in the first V-Pet (Digital Monster).

Executor and Dragon can explain it better then me. TL;DR, they've been erased from existence, yet can still function properly throughout the Digital World and Material World.

Neither should we assume that fiction will always follow the same train of thought as we do. "They can attack non-existent beings, this mean that they can erase normal beings beyond non-existence!". The same logic that should be used to prevent giving a whole verse the ability to attack intangible beings just because hurting ghosts isn't a big deal there.

I think people are over blowing this. They can harm and kill non-existent beings if they so happen to fight one. It isn't like like they erase you beyond nothingness with a regular attack. It just means that being non-existent does not save you from them. I will explain more after classes.

Never said the Dark Area wasn't nonexistent, just its possible that the residents aren't. There have been a lot of characters that can exist in/live in voids without being nonexistent.

I mean, it seems more like the human body's immune system to me: dormant to its residents, but screws over foreign entities.

Again, I'm open to being wrong, so feel free to say otherwise. If they are nonexistent along with the Dark Area, then I'm ok with every Digimon getting that, but the fact that every Digimon can affect them (I know it doesn't matter hax-wise, but hax-wise isn't my point), and even some humans, kinda brings up out feats>statements rule.

I am interested in what Darkanine said, as that could be the legit proof.

I'm sorry if I'm coming off as biased or combative. I'm truly not (and I know I'm triggering Dragon, but pros outweigh the cons in this scenario. Sorry, bud.)

Well, I have quotes from the Digimon Reference Book that indicate that the inhabitants of the Dark Area are beings that have been erased from existence, I can bring them when I leave school.

I cannot say much now @Cal but I will say your assumption has never been implied at all and those that are native to the Dark Area have long been erased. Devimon is evidence of this. He was once an Angemon sent the the Dark Area and was erased from existence. Those sent to the Dark Area are immediately erased and those native to it are Digimon who had long been erased and now live as non-existent beings. Also with Digimon we accept lore above all else.

@Cal Also no one is seeing you as combative. Do you honestly think we are expecting no resistance to this? You've already shown that you are not really against, just being cautious. Nothing more. (I would also rather you not assume I'm triggered over every small disagreement. I wouldn't be able to be on this site if was triggered over every disagreement)

Question:

Are they truly nonexistent? Arent they made by data and leave a digicore behind? Just asking.

Their Digicores have long been destroyed. Tthat's what happens to Digimon sent to the Dark Area.

And the data part?

Also, are you sure about that? Since non-Dark Area digimon can digievolve into Dark Area-inhabitants, and I dont think they lose their digicore in the proccess?

They are deleted data yes. It's called the "Graveyard for deleted Data" for a reason.

PaChi2 said:
And the data part?
Also, are you sure about that? Since non-Dark Area digimon can digievolve into Dark Area-inhabitants, and I dont think they lose their digicore in the proccess?
The vice-versa can happen, a Dark Area Digimon can digivolve into a Digimon with an actual Digicore as well. As such they simply lose and regain digicores.

You also have comflicting sources as well seeing as many Digimon weren't labelled as Dark Area Digimon til much later or had their files written before the lore of the Dark Area was expanded. Hence why this is a tricky situation.

So now digimon can control their own Existence level huh? good to hear, lol.

(not sarcasm) What you said simply means that.

PaChi2 said:
So now digimon can control their own Existence level huh? good to hear, lol.
You also have to remember that the majority of Dark Area Digimon turn into other Dark Area Digimon.

I'm going to send it when I get home, there are lots of mentions in the Digimon Reference Book and also excerpts from the mechanics of HyperColosseun and Card Game Alpha that give more information for this.

No problem. Daemon comes in clutch. Here's a quick one before Executor gets home.

A Demon Lord Digimon that leads the many Devil and Fallen Angel Digimon. Like Devimon, Demon was originally an Angel Digimon, and a particularly high-ranking one. However, because it raged in fury or rebellion, against a being of goodness in the Digital World (perhaps the very human that created the Digital World), it was deleted to the Dark Area (the graveyard of deleted data). It has vowed to one day conquer the Digital World, in revenge against the being of goodness. Also, while it led the rebellion, and was the strongest among the Ultimates, it plotted to secretly revive the "Super-Ultimate Digimon".

I should note that Daemon was originally a Seraphimo.

Oh, I almost forgot to say one major thing.

If I somehow wind up being right, I don't mean the Demon Lords at all. Them being nonexistent is all but confirmed at this point.

The real cal howard said:
Oh, I almost forgot to say one major thing.

If I somehow wind up being right, I don't mean the Demon Lords at all. Them being nonexistent is all but confirmed at this point.
That would still give Digimon this ability...ovo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back