• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the more savage animal of them all? (Chimp vs Pit Bull)

2 savage animal 10-Bs? I'm surprised no one considered making this match.

Notable facts to consider:

Conditions:
  • 1 male chimp is used
  • 2 male pitbulls are used
  • To really highlight all animals' savagery, I'll bloodlust both sides
  • Speed is equalized.
  • SBA otherwise; we're using the heaviest average weight from each animal.
Me, monke! Me want Murder!:

Woof Woof! (Translated: I want kill cuz I'm angry!): 3 (nightlessdarling, mahek_the_assassin_silent_killer, AThe1412, )

A desperate wolf pack murders both (incon):

Last edited:
I think two pit bulls might be a bit much. From their profile, two pit bulls managed to kill goats, and one pit bull managed to tear the front bumper off a car:

Though looking at the video, that looks more like a border collie than a pit bull, but eh. I did find other videos in the comments of this Reddit post, however:

Bear in mind that dogs evolved from wolves and even retain the pack-hunting strats from wolves (as many hunters can attest). A pair of pits are sure to make use of that.

The best chimpanzees have is goring humans and red colobus monkeys. The pair of pit bulls and, heck, even a single pit bull is going to win.

I think two pit bulls might be a bit much. From their profile, two pit bulls managed to kill goats, and one pit bull managed to tear the front bumper off a car:

Though looking at the video, that looks more like a border collie than a pit bull, but eh. I did find other videos in the comments of this Reddit post, however:

Bear in mind that dogs evolved from wolves and even retain the pack-hunting strats from wolves (as many hunters can attest). A pair of pits are sure to make use of that.

The best chimpanzees have is goring humans and red colobus monkeys. The pair of pit bulls and, heck, even a single pit bull is going to win.

The chimp is stronger than a single pitbull by sheer size. One SBA pitbull weighs half as much as a chimp. As dogs can pull 3-4x times their weight under friction, one should have less LS than the ape individually

Not to mention that goats aren't too strong fighters against predators.

No way a single pitbull win, Chimp is like double their size and more stronger than humans.

No way a single pitbull win, Chimp is like [AUTOMATICALLY INVALID ARGUMENT] and more stronger than humans
Pit bulls literally have better feats than chimpanzees. They tore car bumpers... FREAKING METAL! Al-6064, structural aluminum and the weaker of the materials used for car bumpers, has a shear strength of 207 MPa. Chimpanzees have zero proof of doing anything to metal whatsoever. Also, way to automatically invalidate your own argument by using size as a defense.

Pit bulls literally have better feats than chimpanzees. They tore car bumpers... FREAKING METAL! Al-6064, structural aluminum and the weaker of the materials used for car bumpers, has a shear strength of 207 MPa. Chimpanzees have zero proof of doing anything to metal whatsoever. Also, way to automatically invalidate your own argument by using size as a defense.
? How does size invalidate her argument?

There's only a certain point where strength and size overwhelms skill and feats. Tell me how is one pitbull here going to over power a chimp with superior LS?

One dog here can only do like, 108 kg max. And since you were the one that said pulling like that of dogs is under ground friction, how are the dogs going to overpower a 70 kg chimp that can pull 4x their weight? the chimp here is more than capable of doing similar strength feat. it's just that they're not in public as often as pitbulls. As to why you don't see them mauling cars

? How does size invalidate her argument?

There's only a certain point where strength and size overwhelms skill and feats. Tell me how is one pitbull here going to over power a chimp with superior LS?

One dog here can only do like, 108 kg max. And since you were the one that said pulling like that of dogs is under ground friction, how are the dogs going to overpower a 70 kg chimp that can pull 4x their weight? the chimp here is more than capable of doing similar strength feat. it's just that they're not in public as often as pitbulls. As to why you don't see them mauling cars

Yeah... about that...

If chimps can exert 1.35 times the dynamic force and power output of humans, scaling from record deadlifts (standard equipped version only) and snatches (Olympic heaviest category only) for humans, they should be able to deadlift (lift from ground to hip) around 676.35 kg and snatch lift (from ground to overhead) up to 303.75 kg.
Even if I took the weakest of the records for deadlift and snatches and scaled up from there it'd be 189 kg and 182.25 kg respectively.
Also, their muscles are 50% stronger per weight than those of humans due to higher content of fast twitch muscle fibres, one of the chimpanzee's adaptations for climbing and swinging.
According to Japan's Asahiyama Zoo, the grip strength of an adult chimpanzee is estimated to be 200 kg while other sources claim figures of up to 330 kg.
(There's an additional note here: According to A. S. Vanesyan's "Anthropology" (2015), a study by "Vorden" (probably 'Worden' or 'Warden') reported that a 54 kg male chimpanzee squeezed 330 kg on a dynamometer, while an angry female squeezed 504 kg with both hands. Of the hundreds of human students who also participated in the experiment, only one could squeeze more than 200 kg with both hands.)

....Yeah the dogs are screwed.

Not to mention the chimps can bite and claw with disturbingly brutal wounds coming from their attacks, and they have waged war against each other.

Regarding dogs pack hunting though, yeah that is possible...

Also this exists but different scenarios/conditions though:

If chimps can exert 1.35 times the dynamic force and power output of humans, scaling from record deadlifts (standard equipped version only) and snatches (Olympic heaviest category only) for humans, they should be able to deadlift (lift from ground to hip) around 676.35 kg and snatch lift (from ground to overhead) up to 303.75 kg.
Even if I took the weakest of the records for deadlift and snatches and scaled up from there it'd be 189 kg and 182.25 kg respectively.
Also, their muscles are 50% stronger per weight than those of humans due to higher content of fast twitch muscle fibres, one of the chimpanzee's adaptations for climbing and swinging.
According to Japan's Asahiyama Zoo, the grip strength of an adult chimpanzee is estimated to be 200 kg while other sources claim figures of up to 330 kg.
(There's an additional note here: According to A. S. Vanesyan's "Anthropology" (2015), a study by "Vorden" (probably 'Worden' or 'Warden') reported that a 54 kg male chimpanzee squeezed 330 kg on a dynamometer, while an angry female squeezed 504 kg with both hands. Of the hundreds of human students who also participated in the experiment, only one could squeeze more than 200 kg with both hands.)

Not to mention the chimps can bite and claw with disturbingly brutal wounds coming from their attacks, and they have waged war against each other.

We're talking about average humans in reference to how strong they are to humans, not athletes. Otherwise, they'd be 9-C

One dog bites one leg, the other bites the other, and they cripple the chimpanzee for life.
Bigger does not guarantee stronger.
That's due to higher pound by pound strength. If that doesn't guarantee superior strength in many cases, your point here becomes mute.

Think of a child fighting a man compared to a leopard half the weight of the same man and then fighting that man for example.

I looked in the wikipedia section makek linked, and I wonder why the chimp isn't peak human in LS by grip strength. Even 54 kg chimps can do this feat.

Fortunately, LS is different across types of lifting strength, so the dogs will only struggle with grips than pulling

One dog bites one leg, the other bites the other, and they cripple the chimpanzee for life.
Bigger does not guarantee stronger.
For the record, chimpanzees, and most if not all great apes for that matter (except humans welp), can use all 4 of their limbs for grasping, since both hands and feet have opposable digits.
Also:
I looked in the wikipedia section makek linked, and I wonder why the chimp isn't peak human in LS by grip strength. Even 54 kg chimps can do this feat.

Fortunately, LS is different across types of lifting strength, so the dogs will only struggle with grips than pulling
Yeah they'd at least range between 10-A to 9-C, not sure if they can go even higher cause I have no idea if they have a similar acute stress response with epinephrine and norepinephrine/adrenaline and noradrenaline to our own. (Also, Makek 😐😂)
2 savage animal 10-Bs? I'm surprised no one considered making this match.

Notable facts to consider:

Conditions:
  • 1 male chimp is used
  • 2 male pitbulls are used
  • To really highlight all animals' savagery, I'll bloodlust both sides
  • Speed is equalized.
  • SBA otherwise; we're using the heaviest average weight from each animal.
Me, monke! Me want Murder!:

Woof Woof! (Translated: I want kill cuz I'm angry!):

A desperate wolf pack murders both (incon):
Maybe we should have also specified where they are going to fight, since it'll determine whether they can use their unique abilities (like climbing and throwing and whatnot).

For the record, chimpanzees, and most if not all great apes for that matter (except humans welp), can use all 4 of their limbs for grasping, since both hands and feet have opposable digits.
Also:

Yeah they'd at least range between 10-A to 9-C, not sure if they can go even higher cause I have no idea if they have a similar acute stress response with epinephrine and norepinephrine/adrenaline and noradrenaline to our own. (Also, Makek 😐😂)

Maybe we should have also specified where they are going to fight, since it'll determine whether they can use their unique abilities (like climbing and throwing and whatnot).
The hysterical strength feats by people are debunked to be 10-B+ to 10-A anyways since the feats are a lot lower than they are at first glance. And chimps haven't been shown concretely to overpower 9-C, so they shouldn't be 9-C.

You could argue the leopard they neck bit was 9-C, but it makes more since for the leopard to be succumbed to piercing damage, or 10-A out of higher pound by pound strength.

And sorry, I'm at work and texting. I may make annoying typos.

I'll link and explain the concept of SBA later, but if the conditions aren't specified, battles are usually in Central Park, New York.

The hysterical strength feats by people are debunked to be 10-B+ to 10-A anyways since the feats are a lot lower than they are at first glance.

And sorry, I'm at work and texting. I may make annoying typos.

I'll link and explain the concept of SBA later, but if the conditions aren't specified, battles are usually in Central Park, New York.
It's fine, but even then, people are still capable of at best 9-C when it comes to fighting and/or other strength-related AP feats at times, like breaking multiple bricks/blocks of ice/wood planks/even coconuts with fingers alone, etc (of course, also depends on their conditioning/amount of training and bodily abilities and characteristics/traits as well as the quantity and durability of the stuff that is used for breaking)

It's fine, but even then, people are still capable of at best 9-C when it comes to fighting and/or other strength-related AP feats at times, like breaking multiple bricks/blocks of ice/wood planks/even coconuts with fingers alone, etc (of course, also depends on their conditioning/amount of training and bodily abilities and characteristics/traits as well as the quantity and durability of the stuff that is used for breaking)
also I think I found SBA

Depends, which people? Average or the strongest humans? Because the average person what we are refering to in how strong chimps are

Depends, which people? Average or the strongest humans? Because the average person what we are refering to in how strong chimps are

Well, anyone who has basic knowledge of martial arts or fighting (at least how to punch and kick properly to avoid breaking their hands and feet) (and at times even people with conditions that affect their muscle output/physical and mental limitations without affecting muscle mass but without training considering the whole "fighting polar bears and lifting parts of cars and throwing people across rooms") and is undergoing the acute stress response I guess, we can then scale from there with the 1.35 times more dynamic force and power output and 50% stronger muscles + grip strength of the chimp perhaps?

(Again, use the Real Life sections related to the human body please, and these kinda also can be considered in addition to referring to the other thread I used Real Life examples of TV Tropes stuff about)

Well, anyone who has basic knowledge of martial arts or fighting (at least how to punch and kick properly to avoid breaking their hands and feet) (and at times even people with conditions that affect their muscle output/physical and mental limitations without affecting muscle mass but without training considering the whole "fighting polar bears and lifting parts of cars and throwing people across rooms") and is undergoing the acute stress response I guess, we can then scale from there with the 1.35 times more dynamic force and power output and 50% stronger muscles + grip strength of the chimp perhaps?

(Again, use the Real Life sections related to the human body please, and these kinda also can be considered in addition to referring to the other thread I used Real Life examples of TV Tropes stuff about)

Careful not to steer the discussion off-topic, also known as "derailing" when done on threads.

Why should we treat tvtropes.org as a credible/academic source? Or treat the sources with relevance (since I'm giving benefit of doubt that you weren't implying the site is credible)?

Normal people (which we are scaling from) are just ametur fighters and terrible at higher martial arts. And our hysterical strength feats are overhyped. We actually redirect weight of vehicles and can lift like, 100+ more lb in reality. The polar bear fought evenly with a woman because bears are timid (the bear's fighting at like 2% of it's strength), if the woman overpowered the bear, then it would be considered relevant in this thread.
  • And we scale above our normal strength we use on a daily basis when up scaling to chimps and hysterical strength. Do you have an argument that suggests we should upscale from our 100% strength potential?

Careful not to steer the discussion off-topic, also known as "derailing" when done on threads.

Why should we treat tvtropes.org as a credible/academic source? Or treat the sources with relevance (since I'm giving benefit of doubt that you weren't implying the site is credible)?

Normal people (which we are scaling from) are just ametur fighters and terrible at higher martial arts. And our hysterical strength feats are overhyped. We actually redirect weight of vehicles and can lift like, 100+ more lb in reality. The polar bear fought evenly with a woman because bears are timid (the bear's fighting at like 2% of it's strength), if the woman overpowered the bear, then it would be considered relevant in this thread.
  • And we scale above our normal strength we use on a daily basis when up scaling to chimps and hysterical strength. Do you have an argument that suggests we should upscale from our 100% strength potential?
OK I'll set aside the TV Tropes links since they do not always have links to reference their points, I'll also agree with the point about fighting the bear.

Again, for suggesting to upscale from our own strength potential, mostly cause the chimp is likely to also have the same benefits to muscle power output from acute stress response (aka fight-flight-freeze-fawn, assuming they use "fight") as we do (assuming their hormonal system works similarly to ours), which is more accentuated due to the average chimps outputting 1.35 times more force and power and also 50% stronger muscles + much higher grip strength than the average humans.

Again, mostly cause the chimp is likely to also have the same benefits to muscle power output from acute stress response (aka fight-flight-freeze-fawn, assuming they use "fight") as we do (assuming their hormonal system works similarly to ours), which is more accentuated due to the chimps outputting 1.35 times more force and power and also 50% stronger muscles + much higher grip strength.
That's one of the reasons why you think the ape wins more than the dogs?

I don't see any source of Chimp dealing with an pack of two animals with piercing damage to the neck...
Technically, we do have a source of a chimp biting through a leopard's neck. But that's under specific conditions.

Depends on if we need a source. Technically, we have used sources to indirectly infer circumstantial evidence before. In this sense, we technically have sources of a chimp demolishing 2 pack dogs indirectly via overpowering both dogs by grip strength. Besides, by your logic, we also have no source of 2 or more pitbulls/dogs dealing with animal higher overall LS by grip strength.

Back