• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mirage mewtwo vs SCP-682

Status
Not open for further replies.
ProfessorKukui4Life said:
@Paichi

To be fair, I have a very hard time believing that, unless the planet only had 3 regions at the time, which is ridiculous.
We should stick to what is shown, tho. I also find ridiculous for arceus to not have every pokemon ability, yet, I cannot proof he can.

@Ultima How does that analogy make any sense? Youre comparing resisting mind hax to having physical durability.

@Dragon and Ever

Why dont you see Generations as game mehanics? Because well, they are GAME generations in the end. Im not saying giving MM anything from a Pokemon from Gen IV onwards, but add a Key with the Gen VII stuff of the Gen III pokemon.

And the fact that if you move a pokemon from gen I to gen II, his moves change, is game mechanics, I believe.

The "Pokemon not existing at the time thing" probably shouldn't be used as a fair amount kind of debunks this.

Latios and Latias being in a gen 2 movie when they're gen 3 legendaries

Blazekin fought Ash before even going to Hoenn (and iirc Hoenn was stated to exist at the time while he was still in Johto).

Lucario being in a gen 3 movie when he is a gen 4 pokemon.

Same thing for Manaphy.

As well as Zoroark and Zorua too. It goes on.
Some should consider this.

Also, Lugia is from Gen 2 and literally appeared in the second Kanto movie.

@Weekly Since 999 can potentially do that, he's actually pointing out that it could be anything below 11-D to an unknown scale. We don't know where it caps.

Not necessarily only 11-D in scale to affect 682.

Plus isn't Oak like old friends with nearly all the professors from each region sans Kukui (gets internally angry...) ??
I guess we should give him Judgement now. I guess we should give him Oblivion Wing now. I guess we should give him Hoopa's Hyperspace Hole now. I guess he should have heal block now. Despite these moves not existing at the time. For all we know these Pokemon could have been imported. It is best to keep a Gen ll creation with Gen 3 moves.

@Dragon

We're just talking about pokemon species, we're not introducing any legendary pokémon except those belonging to gen 3.

Just because a Pokemon appeared in a previous generation does not mean that it effect MM. Did Lucario appear before MM was made? Or after?

NeoZex6399 said:
@Dragon
We're just talking about pokemon species, we're not introducing any legendary pokémon except those belonging to gen 3.
However, according to this reasoning, this man has gotten DNA of ALL Pokemon. Going by this logic, he should have not only Gen lV and beyond moves, but legendary powers as well.

Lucario appeared with Detect and Aura Sphere. At this point Aura Sphere is the only new move introduced in Gen lll.

Basically, what Neo said. That was kind of a straw man, no offense, Dragon. I said many time that nothing from Pokémon after gen 3. Mewtwo didn't magically gain Laser Focus at level 1 once going to gen 7

@Fate 12-D actually, the Scarlet King is just slightly weaker than the Brothers Death. And nice sole comment btw ovo

682 has other mind resistance hax other than this one

@Weekly It's because this became a CRT of sorts, so it's safe.

But agreed (I actually said above mind hax of MM wouldn't work on 682 anyways).

The real cal howard said:
Basically, this. That was kind of a straw man, no offense, Dragon. I said many time that nothing from Pokémon after gen 3. Mewtwo didn't magically gain Laser Focus at level 1 once going to gen 7
How is it a strawman when I am specifically addressing Kukui's points from how I understood it. Not once did I strawman anything. Don't accuse me of something I did not do. And yes I take offense.

So you are literally saying that suddenly despite these moves never been shown ONCE in previous gens that Mewtwo can suddenly use all these moves?

I'm pretty sure turning someone into your mind puppet>making anyone happy. Furthermore, just because it's not chemical and it's psychic doesn't mean it's not mind manipulation. There are psychics who are law manipulators, fire manipulators, or simple marital artists with ki.

The real cal howard said:
I'm pretty sure turning someone into your mind puppet>making anyone happy. Furthermore, just because it's not chemical and it's psychic doesn't mean it's not mind manipulation. There are psychics who are law manipulators, fire manipulators, or simple marital artists with ki.
@Cal >> Politely points to Weekly.

@Weekly >> Politely points to Cal.

'k, have fun debating the mind point.

Manaphy too was made before M.M.. The Mirage Special is like at or near the end of Battle Frontier.

I'm not saying M.M. gets all Pokemon dna or whatever but the fact later Gen pokemon literally appear in earlier movies should make the claims of later Gen pokemon being non-existent sort of questionable. But yeah moves really, not DNA. Pokemon didn't magically learn these new moves from out of nowhere.

@Dragon. You debated me with some of those arguments w/reply no. 28.

That's the literal definition of a retcon. I was kidding with my Frieza example earlier, but that's...kinda the case.

Even if you want to argue that, gen III takes place before Gen II, then he shouldn't have anything from them either, even though we see him with Raikou, Entei, and Suicune's powers. Gen II got retconned before with HG/SS.

Please, people, calm down and leave the MM discussion for another moment.

Create a CRT please. This is not the place for such discussion.

@PaChi. Virtual console R/B/Y to Pokémon Bank. Transfer from Pokémon Bank to gen 7.

@Fate. I might've used a fallacy earlier. So disregard that post.

That wasn't directed at you at all. Wikia is being stupid. That was directed at Kukui and you just so happened to comment when you did. I didn't even see your Pinsir comment.

I am not discussing timeline whatsoever....

The real cal howard wrote: @PaChi. Virtual console R/B/Y to Pokémon Bank. Transfer from Pokémon Bank to gen.

Lmao, I thought you meant via games. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Plus, as Weekly brought up, Ho-Oh existed since the very first episode of the anime franchise.
That's nice. That simply means that Ho-Oh was a thing.

@Ever It's because it changed from "A match I don't want to debate" to "CRT Wars that don't affect me", hence it's safe.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
That wasn't directed at you at all. Wikia is being stupid. That was directed at Kukui and you just so happened to comment when you did. I didn't even see your Pinsir comment.

I am not discussing timeline whatsoever....
Damn wikia trying to ruin friendships via being stupid....

All I am simply saying is that we should keep it Gen lll and below just to stay safe. Leave later Gen moves alone.

@Fate

But yeah.

100+ posts of like... 3-4 people debating a single match with barely anyone else getting word in doesn't make for a good thread to add.

@Dragon Gen III and below was what was agreed in the thread where this Pokemon was created in the first place. For anything other than that, a CRT should be made. That's the rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back