• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Zabuza and Kakashi Addition.

Chuckles. ShadowWhoTalks is more accurate than KingTempest I guess.

From what I am seeing, Zabuza/Orochimaru/Kurama are the only ones with explicit fear hax.

Sasuke mentioned the intensity of Jonin facing each other while panicking that he'll get killed if he makes the wrong move, but it is not a solid indication that Kakashi is emitting fear aura like Zabuza. Madara and Itachi have fearsome reputation but it doesn't qualify as Fear Manipulation or a superpower; I recall Sakura was hesitating to stab the Rinnengan when she was alone with Obito despite being a medic, so it is vert plausible she was nervous normally.

Agree with Explosive Aura for Hiruzen/Orochimaru/Hashirama/Tobirama. They are highly skilled characters, so it is possible that it is an ability that requires some training and wouldn't necessarily scale to more powerful characters.
Tobirama and Hashirama also terrified the members of Taka and Kaguya also terrified Sakura to the point of paralysis. I suspect Kaguya should get explosive too due to what her chakra was doing upon appearing for the first time.

Bump.

I agree that Tobirama and Hashirama have fear aura as well.

Orochimaru's fear aura worked on Kakashi, so I say baseline Jonin level get a Likely resistance, and Chunin and experienced Genin get Possibly, with many of the top tiers (especially those who fought Orochimaru/Hashirama/Tobirama) getting the resistance.

Kaguya did make Sakura shudder after she casually tossed Naruto and Sasuke with her hair, but I wouldn't consider Sakura a particularly courageous person after she was too nervous to destroy Madara's Rinnengan eye.

What happened during her appearance can be a chain reaction rather than an inherent skill, and it seems that the aura stuff requires skill rather than just a large amount of Chakra, so I wouldn't say she has explosive aura either.

From what I am seeing:

Explosive Aura:
  • Hiruzen
  • Orochimaru
  • Hashirama
  • Tobirama

Fear Aura:
  • Zabuza (with his aura being weaker than the rest)
  • Kurama
  • Orochimaru
  • Hashirama
  • Tobirama

Last edited:
Bump
This still needs to be applied.
Bump.

Orochimaru's fear aura worked on Kakashi, so I say baseline Jonin level get a Likely resistance, and Chunin and experienced Genin get Possibly, with many of the top tiers (especially those who fought Orochimaru/Hashirama/Tobirama) getting the resistance.

Kaguya did make Sakura shudder after she casually tossed Naruto and Sasuke with her hair, but I wouldn't consider Sakura a particularly courageous person after she was too nervous to destroy Madara's Rinnengan eye.

What happened during her appearance can be a chain reaction rather than an inherent skill, and it seems that the aura stuff requires skill rather than just a large amount of Chakra, so I wouldn't say she has explosive aura either.

From what I am seeing:

Explosive Aura:
  • Hiruzen
  • Orochimaru
  • Hashirama
  • Tobirama

Fear Aura:
  • Kurama
  • Orochimaru
  • Hashirama
  • Tobirama

Also, I have found another potential example of Fear Aura for Hebi Sasuke. He was able to project his killing intent to scare the hell out of Suigetsu and Juugo, to the point of literally knocking Juugo out of his Berserk state.
It's possible that this is an ability he inherited through absorbing Orochimaru, so we might need to discuss wether Taka and subsequent versions of Sasuke should have this, but in any case, Hebi Sasuke definitely gets it and it's yet another supporting example for Fear Aura I think.

Actually, wouldnt Zabuza case fit with Madness Hax type 3? I mean, Sasuke wanted to kill himself due it
Then Kakashi and Orochimaru should have that too since Kakashi's KI clashing with Zabuza's is what caused Sasuke to almost kill himself and Orochimaru literally made Sasuke, Sakura and Kakashi see Visions of their own Deaths.

So was anything else new brought up since I mentioned my approval of ShadowWhoTalks' evaluation?

So was anything else new brought up since I mentioned my approval of ShadowWhoTalks' evaluation?
Yes, I brought up an additional feat for Sasuke to give extra support to the proposal.
Bump

Also, I have found another potential example of Fear Aura for Hebi Sasuke. He was able to project his killing intent to scare the hell out of Suigetsu and Juugo, to the point of literally knocking Juugo out of his Berserk state.
It's possible that this is an ability he inherited through absorbing Orochimaru, so we might need to discuss wether Taka and subsequent versions of Sasuke should have this, but in any case, Hebi Sasuke definitely gets it and it's yet another supporting example for Fear Aura I think.

It should be noted that Orochimaru's Fear Aura is more potent than Zabuza's since it worked on Kakashi, who wasn't fazed by Zabuza in the slightest.

I can apply everything if someone can post the profiles that should be edited

Bump.

From what I am seeing:

Explosive Aura:
  • Hiruzen
  • Orochimaru
  • Hashirama
  • Tobirama

Fear Aura:
  • Kurama
  • Orochimaru
  • Hashirama
  • Tobirama
Everyone here, plus Hebi Sasuke.
Bump

Also some people need explosive aura as well as the fear part, like tobirama and hashirama. Hiruzen just needs explosive. Orochimaru should have explosive as well.

Bump.

From what I am seeing:

Explosive Aura:
  • Hiruzen
  • Orochimaru
  • Hashirama
  • Tobirama

Fear Aura:
  • Kurama
  • Orochimaru
  • Hashirama
  • Tobirama
Here for anyone that needs to see it.

Okay, so I'll try to compile all the relevant characters who should definitively get resistance to the above abilities.

• Itachi Uchiha (via fighting both Orochimaru and Hebi Sasuke)
  • Kakashi (via fighting Zabuza, and being unfazed by his aura that made Sasuke want to commit suicide)
  • Madara (via repeatedly fighting Hashirama and Tobirama throughout his lifetime, and completely unfazed by Kurama's presence)
  • Hiruzen, Jiraiya, and Tsunade (via fighting Orochimaru)
  • Orochimaru (was unfazed by Kurama's Aura when he fought KN3 Naruto)

Those are the ones I remember at the moment. If you guys have more examples, feel free to add them.

Back