• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Twilight Revision

I want to add power learning/power mimicry to Twilight's p&a. Why? Because she has consistently displayed in the show, a very quick mastery of magic. Easily mastering new spells in short timeframes. Examples of this? Twilight succeeding in casting Sombra's Dark Magic on her first try, mastering a spell Starlight spent years perfecting on sight, and during her fight with Starlight, was throwing back many of Starlight's own spells back at her (Starlight's crystal prison to name one).

She also mastered her chaos reversal spell at the end of The Return of Harmony, succeeding in reversing the chaos on a limited area, where before she failed at it. I wouldn't call it mimicry, but I do think she has accelerated learning, letting her master spells with much greater ease than most.

I also want to add intangiblity to her list. She used it on two ponies. Some would argue she can't use it on herself. But as we see, she wraps the ponies in her magic to make them intangible. Ponies have surrounded themselves in their own aura before, so there isn't any reason for Twilight not to do the same.

I'm not sure "Power Mimicry" is the right way to put it. Twilight is a fast learner and magic prodigy, but it's not light she can mimic powers totally foreign to her via observation or something like that. It's definitely accelerated learning, but I don't know how to best phrase that.

Intangibility seems fine.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
I'm not sure "Power Mimicry" is the right way to put it. Twilight is a fast learner and magic prodigy, but it's not light she can mimic powers totally foreign to her via observation or something like that. It's definitely accelerated learning, but I don't know how to best phrase that.

Intangibility seems fine.
I know. It's just that power mimicry is about the closest I could find the wiki. What if I call it "the ability to master other powers easily, and sometimes on sight" while linking it to power mimicry? Or heck, just link to the superpower wiki? I know they have a name for her power.

Alright then.

I guess a good comparison would be like how Goku can master ki Attacks very quickly cause he's a prodigy but can't necessarily copy everything he sees

Js250476 said:
I guess a good comparison would be like how Goku can master ki Attacks very quickly cause he's a prodigy but can't necessarily copy everything he sees
I think "limited ability learning" would be a good name for what she does (taken from the superpower wiki)

I guess so I believe it would to be fair to assume that if she sees a type of magic or spell she could understand it and potentially copy it very quickly

Js250476 said:
I guess so I believe it would to be fair to assume that if she sees a type of magic or spell she could understand it and potentially copy it very quickly
Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:

Intangibility seems fine
Aand done. What do you guys link?

Looks alright to me although shouldn't intangibility go under the Alicorn key since that's when she first uses it?

It was at the end of the Power and ablites section last I checked the Alicorn key is the second one after the first key

Js250476 said:
It was at the end of the Power and ablites section last I checked the Alicorn key is the second one after the first key
Fixed. Limited Ability Learning is in the unicorn key, and her intang is in the alicorn key.

I know it's awesome which reminds me Celestia in the series pilot actually appears in a glowing orb of light similar to how Nightmare Moon was like in her smoke form in the episode so maybe Celestia should have potential intangibility to

Js250476 said:
I know it's awesome which reminds me Celestia in the series pilot actually appears in a glowing orb of light similar to how Nightmare Moon was like in her smoke form in the episode so maybe Celestia should have potential intangibility to
Wait, someone-edited it.

Js250476 said:
Oh well that's odd maybe you could edit them back in?
Nsh,I want to know who, so I can find out why. Otherwise it'll just reverse-edited again. Problem is, I can't find the page history.

Back