• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Reigen ability upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, he should

Also it would be cool to add all 100% Mob's power into his page to his 1000% form. I still wonder if it was really 1000% of Mob's power, as ESP comes from emotions and that was 1000% Gratitude.

This seems uncontroversial, but please elaborate regarding why this ability should be added, just to make sure.

He made entire squad of Claw believe him to be their leader while their real leader (who's like top 3 strongest characters in MP100) was on trip. Also he made 7th Division his friends and subordinates, with roasting them alone.

I'd also add Jugan Air Gun and cursed cologne to his equipment, maybe Sleep Manipulation/Curse Manipulation could be good too as he can pretty much put anyone without energy barrier to sleep using this. It would be good to upgrade his profile a little.

Okay. Sleep manipulation seems fine then.

The ability seems too specific for that if all it does is put people to sleep.

Social influencing and sleep manipulation are fine though.

Is it really social influencing or just part of a joke/gag?

The Claw junkies he convinced were pretty gullible to begin with, too, and were already expecting someone to show up the moment Reigen arrived. It's part coincidence.

Okay. I trust Dargoo's sense of judgement.

Damn... Sorry I didn't notice that in those 4 months. Good that it's still relevant xD

Reigen's entire work is based on Social Influencing. He makes people believe he is really an esper and exorcises spirits (many people believed that they are really freed from spirits even though they weren't), there are many feats that prove that, him convicing Claw to go on his side (seriously, he talk-no-jutsu'd those guys with not even using Mob's powers and actually changed their beliefs about psychic powers, which is entire point of the show, that special talent doesn't make you special and is all about growing up emotionally), made Shimazaki believe he is an esper, could be an "esper" for years, made Mob believe for some time he is really an actual esper, encouraged Mob to fight better during Toichiro battle, could provoke Mogami and Toichiro by speech, taught Mob talk no jutsu and charisma et cetera. The only time his Social Influencing didn't work was when he tried to exorcise an spirit while it was being broadcasted, and he only IMPROVED since then.

I mean, 90% of that is him being a competent con artist, and lucky circumstances.

The Division members of Claw were already expecting Sho/an important Claw member to show up to inspect them when Reigen showed up. It doesn't help that they were impressionable extremists and that Reigen is already an accomplished con-artist.

Shimazaki thought Reigen was an Esper entirely due to circumstance. He blinded himself to regular humans due to Mind's Eye, and his cripplingly high confidence made him not even think of the possibility that a human hurt him, but a super-duper powerful esper that could hide their aura from him. He was reading too much into the situation because of his earlier beatdown.

I'm 90% sure Mob explains some time later in the manga that he knew Reigen wasn't an esper for quite a long time, but I might be misremembering. Even then, we sort of need to remember that Shigeo is still an impresionable middle-schooler, and Reigen gave him advice he seriously needed when he went to Reigen's workshop. Maybe Mob just put a lot of trust into Reigen, and it wasn't a supernatural ability on Reigen's part that forced Mob into trusting him.

He 'provoked' Mogami by revealing his identity, and he 'provoked' Toichiro because he tried and failed to deck Toichiro in the face. Like, none of that is 'talk-no-jutzu'.

I'll reiterate again that Reigen doesn't have supernatural charismatic skills. I also don't think Social Influencing should be a power in the first place, but that's a thread for a later time.

Wouldn't being a competent con artist be social influencing though

Wokistan said:
Wouldn't being a competent con artist be social influencing though
That kind of goes into my thinking that Social Influencing shouldn't be a power in the first place, as when you start describing conning people as 'Talk-no-jutzu', most socially active individuals on the planet would qualify for it.

And having special power/skill designations for something most regular humans have is kind of silly.

"I also don't think Social Influencing should be a power in the first place"

Neither is Weapon Mastery or Martial Arts.

Being a competent con artist does require some good level of charisma. Being intelligent enough to expose those espers and change their sides and beliefs should be actually enough for SI.

Mob didn't know that he wasn't an esper from the very beginning. He said that he knew his master is a good guy.

I agree with that. If it's relevant then sure it should be argued but to classify it as a power gives most people it to some degree and also lets people just try to slip by resistances.

SpookyShadow said:
Now, let me ask you. What percent of the world's population are martial artists, and weapon masters? Let's limit it to high-level practitioners.

Now, let me ask a second question: what percent of the world's population can convince people to do things?

Basically anyone who isn't socially inept.

SpookyShadow said:
Then I'm waiting for the revisions.
Until then, I suppose you can go add the ability to every profile on the site, minus the profiles of mindless or mentally impaired characters.

So we should only add this ability for extreme cases, and not here?

Idk what would be extreme cases. By description of this ability Reigen kinda should have it. But it's not a supernatural ability at all. The thing that makes him different is that he has actual experience bullshitting people and being an con artist.

The description of the ability is far too broad, and applies to pretty much any living human being without some sort of serious impairment.

I'll make another thread regarding the power being on the site later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back