• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Mysterio addition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that this is immersion, as it is too overpowered for Mysterio, but rather a combination of illusions and robotics as this is his usual modus operandi.

I don't think that this is immersion, as it is too overpowered for Mysterio, but rather a combination of illusions and robotics as this is his usual modus operandi.
I...don't really see what "overpowered" has to do with it. It would only really apply to his creations anyway, not the man himself.

It's not robotic at all. As the TV was completely untampered with beforehand, and Mysterio did not have any prior preparation to create any robotic creation. In fact, he explicitly decided to attack them on a whim.

If it helps any, these creatures are still shown to be illusionary, referred to as nothing more than "Smoke and mirrors" but can still affect the physical world to a limited extent and still posed a physical threat to the two women.

Yeah no, they're clearly stated to be smoke and mirrors, so Immersion doesn't work, since it's not real reality-fiction crossing.
The damage to the real world and them being considered a threat even after the reveal of their nature is a support for Illusions and his trickery in general tho.

I meant that Mysterio's illusions can and have repeatedly done exactly what the word illusion mean, completely distort other people's perception of reality, so they think that something else is happening than what is really going on, and mix it all with "hard light" constructs and robotics that create the physical effects.

Yeah no, they're clearly stated to be smoke and mirrors, so Immersion doesn't work, since it's not real reality-fiction crossing.
The damage to the real world and them being considered a threat even after the reveal of their nature is a support for Illusions and his trickery in general tho.
Yes. Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back