• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Mega Man X revisions

TyranoDoom30

He/Him
Oh boy, has been a while since i did a CRT didn't i?

X should have resistance to Transmutation, as he can just break out of Crystal Hunter. An attack which turns enemies into crystals on contact. Zero should likely also have this resistance as during his boss fight he just blocks it while it hits him, unnafected.

X should also likely have resistance to possession, as the Nightmare Virus which can enter and possess Reploids can't do that to X, he is even stated to have DNA perfect in resistance against it. Also in X5 the Sigma Virus tries to enter X and Zero but it's to no avail, so another instance of resistance to both X and Zero.

Now for Sigma he should have Type 2 Madness Manip, as Reploids infected by it start to turn completely batshit insane as seen with the Skiver and Squid Adler

And finally, Sigma should have Power Null as the Sigma Virus granted Magna Centipede's ability to be able to remove X's powers, of which are unnafected by it later. And so is Zero. So resistance to Power Null to both.

And of course, add all of this to OVER-1's page as he's an absolute composite monster as we know

That's all for today folks!

Last edited:
I agree with everything except Soul Manipulation. We don’t give characters soul manip for just interacting with a soul according to this quote from the soul manip page “It should be noted that the ability to interact with souls and other non-corporeal entities directly as if they were physical objects is usually considered Non-Physical Interaction and does not grant the user the ability to manipulate souls in other contexts.”

It’s just another example of X having NPI.

Reviewing
X should have resistance to Transmutation, as he can just break out of Crystal Hunter. An attack which turns enemies into crystals on contact. Zero should likely also have this resistance as during his boss fight he just blocks it while it hits him, unnafected.
Megaman Wiki's detail of the weapon is "encase enemies in crystal." but no mention of transmuting enemies into crystals. "Dashing into a crystallized enemy will shatter the crystal. Enemies shattered this way will always instantly die" could just mean Crystal Hunter lowers the durability of those encase in crystal.

I'll say no for resistance to this.

X should also likely have resistance to possession, as the Nightmare Virus which can enter and possess Reploids can't do that to X, he is even stated to have DNA perfect in resistance against it. Also in X5 the Sigma Virus tries to enter X and Zero but it's to no avail, so another instance of resistance to both X and Zero.
Agree with a Likely rating for this resistance.

I'm... not sure. I don't know what those characters were like before fighting X.

Also X could also likely have Soul Manip, as not only he can damage the Sigma Virus, but he completely destroyed it (Also likely another instance of Sigma having Mid-Godly regen)
I have questions. Did the "soul" spawn physical robots?

Megaman Wiki's detail of the weapon is "encase enemies in crystal." but no mention of transmuting enemies into crystals. "Dashing into a crystallized enemy will shatter the crystal. Enemies shattered this way will always instantly die" could just mean Crystal Hunter lowers the durability of those encase in crystal.
Said wiki also says that they got crystalized, implying that they got transmutated into a crystal. Also, headcanon, nothing implies it just lowers durability and nothing more. Also, good job mentioning that it mentions the crystals insta killing enemies once shattered, because that means they became one with it
I'm... not sure. I don't know what those characters were like before fighting X.
The Skiver was a completely normal Reploid, not seeing illusions of Iris and being fully conscious
I have questions. Did the "soul" spawn physical robots?
What does this even mean? and how it's relevant? (besides we agreed that it's just NPI which he already has)

Last edited:
Disagree with Crystal Hunter bit. It’s just encasing them in crystal.

Agreed with Possession given the Sigma Virus has the ability to do that if X3 is anything to go off of, and in X5 he can take 1 strand of it without being possessed. Same thing for Zero especially given Sigma comments on how despite being showered in it he still hasn’t shown signs of ‘awakening’. Add to the fact that the Nightmare Viruses can’t possess the hunters when left idle. So I think it should just be an outright resistance to Possession rather than likely.

Agreed with Madness Manip.

And the last bit is just NPI as stated above.

Yeah... Compendium of Rockman X and Maverick Hunter's Field Guide kiiiiiiiiind of killed Transmutation for X Era X regardless of whether X and Crystal Snail use it lol

So, that's gonna have to be removed from X's profile. He'd still have it with the Mother Elf, tho.

By the way, speaking of Sigma Virus shenanigans.

You should add to your OP that the Sigma Virus has Power Nullification given Magna Centipede’s samples of it in X2 (before anyone points out it’s the Maverick Virus instead, both of these are essentially one in the same with Sigma Virus just being more evolved) disable many of X’s abilities like his charged shot, his dash, etc.

And while the Maverick Virus works on X in X2, it doesn’t in X5. Same with Zero. So both should get resistance to Power Nullification I feel.

By the way, speaking of Sigma Virus shenanigans.

You should add to your OP that the Sigma Virus has Power Nullification given Magna Centipede’s samples of it in X2 (before anyone points out it’s the Maverick Virus instead, both of these are essentially one in the same with Sigma Virus just being more evolved) disable many of X’s abilities like his charged shot, his dash, etc.

And while the Maverick Virus works on X in X2, it doesn’t in X5. Same with Zero. So both should get resistance to Power Nullification I feel.
Added

Back