• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor KNY CRT

This isn't something huge like before, just some minor stuff I missed. Anyways.

A common thing among the high tiers in KNY is Fear Manipulation. Upon looking at more screens, I believe that there's a few more applications that can be added.
8869B477-160D-4D35-AADF-41773F844ECC
Here it's stated that Shinobu cuts her breath short, and she's intensely shuddering. From this, I can gather Paralysis Inducement, obviously Empathic Manipulation, and possibly Air Manipulation?

This isn't the first time this has shown up, as even Kokushibo was able to do so, against Tokitou. Kokushibo's fear made Tokitou not want to fight, and from visuals he seemed hard pressed to move.

Anyways, suggesting Paralysis Inducement and Empathic Manipulation for all relevant Demons in KNY (Upper Moons), and Shinobu.

Some other stuff should be added, like:

Tanjirou has Animal Manipulation here.

All Demon Slayers should have Damage Reduction. Their garbs are extremely difficult for Demons to cut through. This isn't an outlier, because I don't believe the actual Demon Slayer Uniform was even scratched. Even as the top three pillars fight Kokushibo, only their haori's are damaged. Believe it was even stated to reduce cutting power.

More evidence of Tanjirou's genius intelligence.

And a resistance to Poison.

Lastly, resistance to Electricity Manipulation. Here's him and Nezuko tanking it.

BA12EB82-6C93-411A-A832-CEACD9996BBE

For Shinobu, I don't know about Air Manipulation. It seems like shortness of breath induced by fear like a panic attack rather than cutting of the air.

Tanjirou's Animal Manipulation is sketchy considering the animals were animals trained by the Corps rather than Tanjirou taming or controlling them and he can't really summon his crow or is it useful in combat. Though he is capable of understanding them through smell, is that sufficient for animal manipulation?

Eh, I don't really think that's resistance. I mean, he got hurt by it and was injured. It's not like he didn't take damage from being hit. Being able to keep fighting while in pain is normal for Tanjirou.

Okay, I'm here. Let me see.

Fear Manipulation for the demons should be listed like this: "Fear Manipulation (Demons generate an aura that produce their victims to paralyze)". So it's Fear Manipulation instead of Empathic Manipulation.

>Tanjirou's animal manip

It is tho? I see him understanding what they say rather than him controlling them. And someone said that he can do this via smell (if that makes any sense lol). Plus, if they were trained beforehand, then Tanjirou's not the one manipulating them.

>Damage Reduction

Huh, I probably need some evidence of stronger demons being unable to scratch the uniform. From what I see, the lower demons can't do that because they are too weak to even damage the uniform.

But I see resistance to fire and possibly to water in the form of moisture.

>Resistance to Poison

This seems more like a stamina feat. The scene doesn't seem to last more than a few seconds considering the panels are revolving around few movements with inner speech in-between. Is there any evidence on the poison being lethal on contact or something like that?

>Resistance to Electricity

I'm not sure what to think about this one. It got me really confused.

Agree with the first one.

Tanjirou actually does, in fact, talk to them. The next page I believe Zenitsu freaks out about him being able todo so, and the databook says he can communicate by smell. But it also states he just can't understand insects.

I'll find more evidence on damage reduction, I remember a statement of it reducing cutting power.

The poison is lethal, so lethal that Uzui actually had to stop his heart for a time to keep the poison from killing him, and he was already in bad shape as is.

We agreeed on no resistence to electricty.

I have been thinking about a new ability because talking to animals doesn't necessarily mean you manipulate them. It seems more like that he can comunicate with them.

Okay, if the poison is lethal to such extent is fine to add a resistance.

Okay, I'll suggest the power later today. I gotta go now.

I'm also writing the reply to the other CRT so wait for it

Calaca's conclusions seem fine to me. You can probably apply what he accepted.

No problem.

Is there anything left to do here, or should I close this thread?

Actually there is one last part I believe Calaca missed, a link to a message board that would give Tanjirou Instinctive Reaction, and Tanjirou's fear manip. Both are in the thread.

Back