• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Julius CRT (Mindhax)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustSomeWeirdo

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Simply put, Julius should have mind manipulation as stated by this villager starting at 2:45:49

Or, in text from: A terrifying man, that Prince Julius is... Just a single glance into those eyes of his and you're gone... You lose yourself. So many of my friends and others my age've all left for Belhalla to serve him. I've heard nothing from any of 'em since...

Unless that is like really good Social Influencing, yea Mind Manip seems fine. Wouldn't this also grant Mind Manip resistance to some of the FE4 cast?

I wouldn't go for a resistance given you're literally told this right before he fights you for the first time, a lot less of a stretch to say the party just doesn't look him in the eye

It could be passive social influencing in the form of him just be extremely terrifying.

idk about that, given the emphasis on his eyes being what draws people in on both translations.

Sounds too vague for mind manip TBH, there's also the matter of this being mostly speculation given this is stated from a random villager, so I disagree.

Villages in FE4 are used for lore, unless they're being used for an event

Uh... we have Statements standards for a reason, not anything said whatsoever is taken as a legitimately reliable thing for our purposes, plus it's too vague to claim mind hax, again.

You mean the villages that consistently get used for exposition dumps, they're not "legitimately reliable"?

Also, please tell me how "Just a single glance into those eyes of his and you're gone... You lose yourself." is a vague statement

That really sounds like a case of multiple wrongs not making a right.
It's vague as the last part can mean multiple things, and mindhax is just one of them, which is quite assumptious to take as given how it's not elaborated on what sense someone being "gone" or "lost" it's meant to be.

It can relate to simply being (sent to being) killed (note how the villager mentions right before that he's terryfing, which would imply it relates to that), which would thus be a less assumptious take on the meaning compared to him having semi-passive mindhax.

How does being sent off to get killed have anything to do with the context of what that village tells you? She's talking about people worshipping him, not being executed

How does being sent off to get killed have anything to do with the context of what that village tells you? She's talking about people worshipping him, not being executed
That it's simply done out of fear or the like, it's too vague to really conclude anything in particular, especially hax stuff as that requires even more assumptions.

Hmmm... it still looks too vague to conclude mind hax, social influencing seems more debatable TBH.

How in the Hell is this too vague? He's a famous and widely feared emperor, and you are hearing about a supernatural phenomenon from someone who knows about him (since he's a famous emperor), warning you not to look into his eyes because anyone that does, serves him. It doesn't directly say "he controls your mind" but it's extremely obvious that's what's happening.

I'm in full support of just listing it as mindhax.

Funny how people insist on SI not being a power but when something clearly supernatural happens that's somewhat similar to SI, they just call it SI.

So they went back home and got a bigger bump, the biggest bump that ever sailed

make it likely mindhax to be safe but i think this being SI is more unlikely than it being mindhax

Do we really need more input? This is a simple change and it appears the stance is clear.
If anything use your staff powers to ping others to see if their stance has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back