• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Ganondorf change

Dust_Collector

They/Them
Nothing major but his Low-Godly regen should be moved from his Triforce of Power key to his base key since in A Link to the Past his spirit rose from Agahnims dead body and he quickly took on a physical form again (For anyone not familiar with the game, Ganon and Agahnim are the same person). Originally this regen feat was attributed to the Triforce of Power when we originally treated Ganon as being empowered by all 3 of the golden triangles in the game, but since we now treat him as having no Triforce pieces whatsoever during this moment as he keeps them in a different location he should have Low-Godly regen in base. Would also give him type 3 immortality for obvious reasons.

It's fine, thought a thread was made for this a while back already. Guess it was never applied when it should have.

Also just dawned on me that this would also give Ganondorf with the Triforce of Power combat applicable type 4 immortality since he couldn't regenerate from his execution in Twilight Princess and legitimately died but then the Triforce of Power kicked in and brought him back.

More or less checks out imo, that shit DID happen, not like it didn't.

tbh probably enough, it's not like it's adding low-godly, it's just moving what he already had to a different key and you got mod ok.

Yeah alright I'll make the change then, it's just moving an ability to another key and if it's not enough support then obviously a member of staff can just revert it afterwards and beat me to within an inch of my life for daring to make the edit

Ganon and Agahnim are the same person
I don't think they are technically. This is what Sahasrahla descendent says in ALBW
I believe it was in the days of my grandfather's grandfather's grandfather... Yes, surely. A deceitful wizard conspired against all goodness to revive the Demon King Ganon
I would imagine it's more like Zant and Ganondorf rather than Ganon have two bodies or anything like that. Also from memory Zelda and the Sages mention him as being Ganon's pawn rather than Ganon, which was basically Zant's situation as well.

I would imagine it's more like Zant and Ganondorf rather than Ganon have Teo bodies or anything like that.
Well, it's more of the latter, Ag was like some weird alter ego projection thing, this has been stated way more times including from Ganon himself, compared to a dude a 100 years later making a claim which is probably more of a mistranslation if anything given eng zelda is kinda notorious for that.

Guides refer to Agahnim as an offshoot of Ganon (Also Ganon isn't dead so he doesn't need to be revived), he's an weird offshoot alternate version of Ganon that he uses in the Light World so he can weaken the sages seal to let his true self with his full power and his entire army out of the Dark World.

Well, they are.
"A priest of darkness who plunges Hyrule
into chaos. In truth, he is an offshoot of
Ganon, sent forth from the Dark World."

From the guide, could probably find more guide statements too.

"A close confidant to Zelda’s elder
brother, the king. He dies after using
the last of his power to lay a curse upon
Princess Zelda. The true nature of the
man who stubbornly hones in on the
secret of the Triforce is uncertain.
However, it’s possible that he is an
offshoot of Ganon, much like Agahnim,
or merely one of his followers."

Another, guide states that the wizard from Zelda 1 might be an offshoot of Ganon much like Agahnim was.

It seems like a weird split thing. But I guess it would still amount to regenerating from a spirit which was the point.

tbh it kinda comes off like duplication/multiple selves-esque shit.
Like if I had to use an example, kinda like how Clayface from Batman can pull pieces of himself off, and those pieces will follow his orders and Clayface (Ganon in this case) can puppet them if need be. Same concept, Ganon projected a weird alter ego thing, and puppeted it him under the guide of a different entity, with the plot twist being "lol actually ganon the whole time get memed on".
It mentions it here. Though maybe they're just using revival weirdly.
Nah that's not weird, Ganon unironically sent an expy of himself to revive himself, weird, but it do, plus, he was sealed away in the Dark World there, I wouldn't even call it a "revival" as he wasn't actually dead there, unless the revival is like, him coming back, like a return to power type thing? I think they use the same terminology in WW too for when Ganon comes back despite Ganon not being dead there too.

Back