• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Avatar Roku Hax Upgrade

Yep, that time of the year again folks. Another avatar thread, but this one should be a simple one and i'll go right into it.

Rewatching some episodes, Roku should be given more than what he already has. Hax to add? Reality Warping, Precognition and Possesio to be specific. As far as the latter goes, we already see Roku possess Aang to fight off multiple fire benders in the A.S. when they talked. Even more of a given, Roku talked to Aang to literally warn him of the upcomining return of Sozin's Comet. He knew exactly what time it would come and that Ozai would wield it to try and destroy the world (that, and the fact he even knows who Ozai is at all despite dying, like, 100 yrs prior should be completely impossible without forseeing it.).

Now as for the former, I am actually unsure on what it would be, but from how I viewed it, it appeared to be some sort of reality warping. When Aang goes inside the statue room for Roku, the entire room changes to the top of a mountaintop with winds, clouds, a sky, everything with Roku there to greet him. This is also noted on the Avatar Wikia to be the case .

Aang meets Roku
That is all. Whether or not they can be used in combat im not sure and is not my concern. However this should apply to Aang and Korra (pre losing Raava anyway) via their Avatar State.

Yes but to know exactly when it would come? Im fairly certain the Comet doesnt come by every time summer ends no? Even then, there's no way Roku would have known Ozai would use it, or even know who Ozai is, without some kind of foreseeing involved for being dead an entire century before.

@Kukui

Dude, it's common knowledge. It's an entire celebration in the Fire Nation whenever it comes.

Roku was just warning Aang of what Ozai plans on doing with it.

The whole scene with Aang and Roku was more than likely just an Avatar speaking with his past selves thing.

No need to extrapolate like this.

And yet its somehow logical to say Roku would somehow know and predict that someone born literally an entire 100 years after his death would be using said comet to try and destroy the world? A celebration for the fire nation it may be, but a warning may seem to be underselling it. You can't warn someone on something you logically should never know about.

Well from the scene Roku changed the entire room when Aang walked in so it didnt appear to just be in his head. However it being or not being reality warping isn't something I intend to push too far since even I was ensure of that from the start.

EDIT: And according to this, the Fire Nation never celebrated the comet as an importance until Sozin used it to actively begin the war on the other nations (hence the air nomads being wiped out and the comet being, well, named after him).

NEW EDIT: Nevermind

@Kukui

It was known as the "Great Comet" before that and was known to come around every 100 years, hence why Sozin timed his invasion of the Air Nomads' temples in order to wipe them out.

Don't Avatars share knowlage with each other via the Avatar state, if so Roku knowing about Ozai is perfectly possible and from there he could just make an educated guess as to what he was planning.

As for the whole reality warping thing i'm pretty sure thats happening in Aang's mind on some kind of mental landscape.

Back