• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Apoo CRT

Well, CRT is now being allowed so let's the war begin

Let's start simple and talk about Apoo. This is regards to Chapter 980 and 981.

Firstly, we need to update his weaknesses section where thanks to Killer we learn that if one blocks one's ears (even just by covering them with one's hands lol) before the sound hits, one becomes immune to his techniques. And I guess based on Apoo's DF and what Killer stated that 'Apoo's attacks carry anywhere in hearing range", we can add in another weakness where if one is outside the seemingly predetermined range of the sound (i.e. hearing range) in the first place, one will also be safe from his attacks.

Additionally, I feel like we need to make note of it somewhere on his profile, perhaps in the Speed Section to put in the info of Killer stating "If you hear it, there's no avoiding it!!"

Next, should we add Invisibility for Apoo given he utilizes sound based attacks and thus his opponent cannot see his attacks. This is particularly noted in Chapter 980 when Apoo cut Zoro who stated "A slashing attack?! He doesn't have a blade and I didn't see the trajectory of his attack at all."

Finally, Apoo's range need to change from "Several dozen of meters" to "Apoo's attacks carry anywhere in hearing range"

EDIT:

This suggestion is from The_Calaca:
  • “We should also add Shockwave Generation as he also can throw "punches", seen when Luffy was attacked by an invisible strike before Apoo Don'd him.”

Last edited:
This is a pretty straightforward subject. Should we call the staff already to get full approval?

Yes, it should be fine. Thank you for the help.

It's done. If someone has a minor CRT planned go ahead and post it. I prefer if we solve minor things first.

It's done. If someone has a minor CRT planned go ahead and post it. I prefer if we solve minor things first.
You forgot to include Invisibility to the Power and Abilities and a mention of Killer stating that if one hear Apoo’s music, there’s no avoiding it.

"No avoiding it" sounds NLFish so I didn't include it because "Up to anywhere within the hearing range" talks better about the ability.

Invisibility is also redundant. Sound is by default invisible.

The best you can get is a description on his powers stating such trait but again, it's unnecessary. We should not list obvious elements instead we should if they are out of the norm, like a sound wave that is visible.

I mean, Apoo’s abilities is based sorely on hearing as far as we know, so as long as someone hear his music and they are within hearing range and they don’t cover their ears or move away from Apoo, they can’t really avoid it or block the attack but I can see where you’re coming from.

I also now agree that adding Invisibility would be redundant.

Well, he also has to be targetting them for it to take effect. Other people have been in the vicinity of Apoo's attacks before without being damaged by hearing them.

Exactly, it's not a widespread effect. He chooses a target for the attack.

The description for his range covers both the pros and cons of his powers, anyway. "Up to anywhere withing hearing range" is specific enough when we talk about his range, cause some characters might have better or worse hearing capabilities and might be affected by this in such way. And the weakness talks about the "if you hear it you're done for" part anyway.

Considering this is pretty much done, we should continue with another minor CRT.

I saw someone suggesting revise Niji's speed via his Henry Blazer based on some translation. I think that's a pretty minor discussion to have now.

Back