• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shadowbokunohero

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Full Top 10:

1. One Piece - 3,110,049

• Attack on Titan - 2,997,049
    • Seven Deadly Sins - 2,769,915
    • Haikyu!! - 2,523,071
5. My Hero Academia - 2,516,768

6) Kingdom - 2,516,063

7) Black Clover - 2,033,277

8) The Promised Neverland - 1,970,504

9) Tokyo Ghoul:re - 1,962.,22

10) One-Punch Man - 1,658,054

Source: Here

Top 3 is a bit ambitious. It's possible but I don't think it can pull it off against AoT and NNT (Both of which have beaten One Piece in a Mid-Year before).

BC is just not in it's best age. It's a pretty well done cliche shounen while still having it's own personality, but in an age that's kinda past the Big 3, it calls less attention. But still calls some.

I think My Hero has a chance of taking the spot from NNT, it did it last year, it could do it this year with enough hype from the series and film.

there's no way I see my hero topping AOT or One Piece though

Shadowbokunohero said:
I think My Hero has a chance of taking the spot from NNT, it did it last year, it could do it this year with enough hype from the series and film.

Last year, MHA had an anime while NNT didn't. This year, both of them have animes.

Bluetrekking said:
Shadowbokunohero said:

Last year, MHA had an anime while NNT didn't. This year, both of them have animes.
but MHA has a film aswell

<divclass="quote">Bluetrekking wrote:
Anime films don't carry that much hype tbh.</div> no

that's wrong One Pice, Naruto and Bleach constantly proved this. hell the main reason One Piece surpassed Dragonball was due to strong world

If anything it was the Marineford arc. It was a literal fan service arc. The premise was essentially "a large majority of your favorite characters from the past 500+ chapters come together for a battle to death.

This is also a reason why older volumes boosted in sales as well. And in terms of the box office, both Film Z and Film Gold > Strong World but yet no significant increase in sales, if anything, the total sales went down from the prior year.

So no. Strong World wasn't the main reason why One Piece surpassed DB.

I think Film Z is better but

the combination of stuff that happened along with the fact that Strong World was insanely well received in Japan.

it's a large part of why the volumes skyrocketed

Shadowbokunohero said:
I think Film Z is better but

the combination of stuff that happened along with the fact that Strong World was insanely well received in Japan.

it's a large part of why the volumes skyrocketed
There are still examples of sales going down from the prior year even with the presence of a movie

It's a hit or miss.

Back