• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Best Selling Manga of 2019 so far

Shadowbokunohero

VS Battles
Content Moderator
I do one every time it releases

Last Years:https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2410820

This year.

Code:
1.) One Piece - 5,015,325
Code:
2.) The Promised Neverland - 4,180,039
Code:
3.) Kingdom - 4,044,339
Code:
4.) a My Hero Academia - 3,148,345
Code:
5.) Gotoubun no Hanayome - 2,940,013
Code:
6.) Attack on Titan - 2,814,944
Code:
7.) That Time I Reincarnated as a Slime - 2,527,807
Code:
8.) Haikyuu - 2,451,633
Code:
9.) Kaguya-sama Love is war - 2,432,345
Code:
10.) One Punch Man - 1,814,307
Notes:

• One Piece staying as strong as ever, In fact it has improved over last year's Mid end sales which were at the time 3,110,049
  • Both Promised Neverland and Kingdom have seen a nice healthy surge in popularity
  • Gotoubun no Hanayame and Kaguya Sama Love is war have seen massive surges in popularity
  • My Hero academia 4th place with a slight decline, with 1 more volume on the way it's likely only to reach third place at best, healthy decline not anything to be worried about.
  • OPM returned to the Top 10 since 2017, could be kiciked out by year end
  • Attack on Titan with a rather sharp decline but nothing to serious
  • Slime continues to Improve as it's mid year sales close in on it's last year's full cycle performance.
  • Seven Deadly Sins seems to have taken a massive nose dive
  • This will be the 12th year in a row that One Piece is at number 1.

Source:https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2019-05-29/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-series-2019/.147237

It's crazy how One Piece is still reigning the #1 spot

Imagine the reactions when it gets usurped...

Ionliosite said:
Also, Nanatsu no Taizai deserved that decline in sales. The last arcs have been easily the worst, but I hope it at least won't get canceled like Bleach.
Was Bleach suppose to continue?

Glad to see 3 Manga I like in the Top Ten. Surprised One Punch isn't higher though with the Great Art and Storytelling tbh.

It is likely because it does not release chapters as often as the others (there are less volumes to sell).

I don't really keep up to date with newly released manga or I guess any media nowadays, and that explains why I only know two series among a popularity list like this

Well, all I can say is I'm happy to see MHA here

Antvasima said:
It is likely because it does not release chapters as often as the others (there are less volumes to sell).
Does this list only count volumes, or also online chapters? If so, OPM has free online chapters, so that might affect it as well (then again, it would be far less popular if chapters weren't free).

And good news on the volume sales, since Volume 20 was released in July, it's possible that Shueisha will keep a 3 month rate.

1. One Piece will always be on top. Just because it's based on loyalty, not hype. Whereas other series that come close inevitably can't maintain the hype for long enough to keep up.

2. Though Kingdom has been doing amazingly for a series with no anime for 5 years. If it ever got a better adaption, it might be able to surpass One Piece for a year.

4. A step down, but S4 will probably boost it temporarily back into the top 3.

6. Ah, the fallen titan. I can only imagine the horror of fans if Wit doesn't do S4.

10. Let's hope Volume 21 makes it by October! Might just hold OPM into the top 10 for the year!

5 and 9 aren't shoujo.

Gotoubun is a harem with drama.

Kaguya-sama is a total seinen with comedy, romance and tons of psychological drama. And by psychological drama, I am NOT referring to their mindgames.

Agh, I really am ignorant, shouldn't have assumed just by the genre, keep forgetting demographic =/= genre. Thank you for correcting me.

I am quite surprised by how good Neverland, Kingdom and Slime are doing but rather disappointed with Attack on Titan and OPM. Also Gotoubun ans Kaguya are also doing great. Quintuplets has rather good art and characters. Kaguya doesn't have good art but rather good story and characters.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
Seven Deadly Sins and Tokyo ghoul seem to have taken a massive nose dive,
Uhhhh because Tokyo Ghoul ended July 2018...
generally manga sales skyrocket when they end, the last volume continues to sell well for a while,

Re: Magi,Naruto,Slam dunk,Assassination Classroom ect

Pretty big,

for reference it's ahead of One Punch mand was only recently beaten by MHA.

it sold consistently well until the end of it's run

Damn no 2? Well that makes me happy since it is legit one of my favorite mangas, if not actually my favorite

it's also one of my personal fav and is one of the only Manga series where i own every Volume, Great read and knew when to end it's story oppose to dragging it out.

generally manga sales skyrocket when they end, the last volume continues to sell well for a while,

Re: Magi,Naruto,Slam dunk,Assassination Classroom ect

That's not true, a manga's final volume does have an increased sales, but the sales fall off after due to no more new volumes.

Naruto wasn't in the top 10 the next cycle after it had ended, nor was Magi and Assassination Classroom.

Slam Dunk has returned recently but that was due to the fact that it's volumes were rereleased.

That's not true, a manga's final volume does have an increased sales, but the sales fall off after due to no more new volumes.
Naruto wasn't in the top 10 the next cycle after it had ended, nor was Magi and Assassination Classroom.

Slam Dunk has returned recently but that was due to the fact that it's volumes were rereleased.

1. yes But Im reffering to the timespan between the sales and the point it slows down, which generally takes around 2 manga cycles for high profile Ip's meaning if the volume came out December it's more than likely to to still be there the next year mid end cycle, manga cycle isnt a full year.

2. naruto Volume 72 was 7th in it's second Cycle.AC classroom was second, and my slam Dunk was in reference to it's Original run not re release.

EDIT: Tokyo ghoul's final volume was Physcally released in July so OOF on my part, I remembered it being released much later in the year, the volume itself, which explains why it was still in the Top 10 in it's second cycle.

in regards to that I concede, Tokyo ghoul didnt take a nose dive then, it's only sins.

Back