• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MHS+ Bleach Soul Society Arc

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually have a estimate of how big Karakura Town is.

So, In Bleach, Karakura Town is located in Western Tokyo. Western Tokyo consists of 26 Cities, 3 Towns and 1 Village.

Obviously, Karakura Town is a fictional town that doesn't exist, so what i Decided to do is take the Mean of the 3 towns to find the average. That Average would be the working size of Karakura Town. The three towns in Western Tokyo have area's of:

• 87.08 sq mi
  • 10.84 sq mi
  • 6.51 sq mi
Doing the math: 87.08+10.84+6.51 = 104.43 / 3 = 34.81

So, Karakura Town can be assumed to have an area of 34.81 sq mi using the mean.

No there is no stated size of Karakura town,only that Yama can vaporized an area many times the size of it with his shikai.

Imade has asked a calc group member to calculate the feat eventually for us,but for now the Ulquiorra thing needs to be taken care of but Soldier Blue is missing.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Didn't Yamamoto already give us a pretty good implied, if not, exact size when the Oken was introduced?
He did. The problem is that the number he gave doesn't fill the whole town in the scan only a big partion of it.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
Karakura town isn't in western Tokyo,Kubo has already showed us where it would be.
The wiki says it's in Western Tokyo and the dudes there are anal about getting shit correct. I need you to post where Kubo showed where it'll be and I'll correct my self.

TheFinalOrder said:
Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
Karakura town isn't in western Tokyo,Kubo has already showed us where it would be.
The wiki says it's in Western Tokyo and the dudes there are anal about getting shit correct. I need you to post where Kubo showed where it'll be and I'll correct my self.
The irony of that comment. This is a post that I myself made there and you will see some of the Wiki Staff members talking with me here too.

Karakura is in the heart of Tokyo, according to the novels, and has a population of over 1 million people. So the west thing on the wiki is wrong.

Also, Gin destroyed big portions of the city with his Bankai, and according to the databook, the Bankai was 13 miles long.

Anyway, most of those can be found in the post IMade did about the size of Karakura.

Which is said to encompass all of Karakura Town my dude.

I still see parts of Karakura Town outside of the hole and it doesn't shown the full map either, so we can't use it to scale because the Town is incomplete in the scan.

So should some profile(s) link to the OBD calculation in question, in order to lessen the confusion for our visitors, or was the scaling done from something else?

AppleLord said:
Which is said to encompass all of Karakura Town my dude.
I still see parts of Karakura Town outside of the hole and it doesn't shown the full map either, so we can't use it to scale because the Town is incomplete in the scan.

The statement still stands. It's not like Kubo isn't inconsistent with his portrayal of Cities and such....The Jureichi needed is said to be 4.8 miles and Aizen intended to use Karakura Town as the basis for it and that the entire town and it's inhabitants would be erased.

^Yamamoto's statement stands as KT being 4.8 miles in diameter

@FTO

Except Gin has a 13km blade,Karakura has more then 100,000 people,and various other details.Which points to Karakura Town being vastly larger in whole in comparison to the spirit zone inside of it.

Should we close this thread then?

I am uncertain about linking to a calculation when we do not know if that was what we really scale from.

I think that there rather is backwards scaling in effect.

I posted the calculation and the previous thread discussing it.

Even Soldier Blue supported it on the thread because of this.

" It's because it was determined that senior captains like Yamamoto didn't grow stronger unlike others like Rukia and such, so MHS+ was applied to their pre-timeskip versions." -Burning

" There's a lightning dodging feat (calc here) for some fodder Sternritter that scales to pretty much every Sternritter and everyone on the level of a captain (including captain levels who did not get stronger after the time-skip and one who even got weaker). I believe that there are two other calcs on the OBD pegging Bleach even before the last arc in the Mach 250 to 600 range." -Soldier

Thread

It's scaled because of those reasons.

Karakura Town is literally in central Tokyo, Kubo literally drew it smack dab in the middle for us in a Volume sketch that Sigurd linked and the novel says it's in the heart of Tokyo.

The Jureichi is located inside of Karakura Town, but it does not encompass the whole town. The Jureichi has 100,000 souls when Karakura Town has over 1 million inhabitants per the Novel.

The Jureichi is 7.85 kilometers in diameter in a perfect circle. Karakura Town is not shaped like a circle since we literally have a map of it and the databook confirmed that Karakura Town had skyscrapers further than 13km away from where Gin and Ichigo were in Karakura Town.

Raven is apparently gonna do a calc on the size of Karakura Town with all the info gathered he said. If you really need a size of it you could wait for him, but so far this is what we have.

@Sigurd

Were the speed calculations in question officially accepted by the OBD, or evaluated by our calc group?

@IMade

What do you think that we should do about the speed scaling problem? I do not want to mess anything up while Soldier Blue is tied up IRL.

@Ant

I don't know if it was evaluated here but from the way the previous thread went it seems they trust that calc guy on that forum,and another calc they're scaled to here is on the wiki and accepted for quite some time,just isn't linked on every profile it seems.

@Ant

Those calcs and speed scaling were done before I even made my account so I can't say much; however, in the link that Sigurd provided that supported the speed scaling Soldier Blue had agreed and accepted the speed scaling to be applied.

So if anything, they seem acceptable. If there is an issue, it can be brought up again when Soldier Blue returns, but for now we apparently have his agreement.

@IMade

Okay. Can you summarise the suggested changes to be applied here, which profiles that will be affected, and link to the calculation that you wish to use?

Typical of @Imade to ignore context and implications....not to mention it's ******* stated dead on the damn page, but I'm not even surprised anymore when it comes to Bleach.

All that's ever done when it comes to this verse is "Let's ignore this and cherry pick that, oh, and let's use headcanon for X character". The novel is clearly contradicting this part of the Manga, but what does it matter, right?

Unfollowing...And yeah, I know, "Good Ridance" at me. ƒñÀ

TheFinalOrder said:
Typical of @Imade to ignore context and implications....not to mention it's ******* stated dead on the damn page, but I'm not even surprised anymore when it comes to Bleach.
All that's ever done when it comes to this verse is "Let's ignore this and cherry pick that, oh, and let's use headcanon for X character". The novel is clearly contradicting this part of the Manga, but what does it matter, right?

Unfollowing...And yeah, I know, "Good Ridance" at me. ƒñÀ
Dude, it's not a good idea to attack someone like this, nor is it a good idea to bash a verse in such a manner.

I haven't seen any '''serious''' wanking done here in a bit. It's just people not being at least a tiny bit knowledgeable on verse are the '''main''' ones claiming wank.

Why must you always get hostile at me when I never once have even throw a swear your way?

I didn't ignore anything, I can even give you scans if it pleases you:

You said Karakura Town is in Western Tokyo. That is incorrect because Kubo showed it to be straight up in the center of Tokyo in a volume sketch.

In the novel it is even stated to be in the heart of Tokyo: "Karakura was not a countryside town. It was located in the heart of Tokyo and is quite a populated town, with train lines passing through the centre of the city. With a population exceeding one million."

So you were wrong thinking it was in Western Tokyo.

You then said the Jureichi encompasses all of Karakura Town and that that would mean Karakura Town is 7.85 km in diameter.

However that is wrong because the Jureichi is located inside of Karakura Town, Karakura Town is not entirely the Jureichi. On top of this, in the quote above from the Novel, we are told that Karakura Town has 1 million souls in it, Jureichi is a 7.85km diameter with 100,000 souls.

On top of this, the Jureichi is a perfect circle while Karakura Town is nowhere near a circle.

To seal the deal, we are told in the databook that Karakura Town has skyscrapers 13km away from where Gin and Ichigo were in their spot in Karakura Town.

Can you please stop with this repeated hostility towards me now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back