• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MHA AP and Durability Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaminari and Jiro can fight with the same villains as Momo, so they should scale from each other, and Mina can hurt other characters likely comparable to Mineta.

So I don't think a "possibly" rating is necessary for them. The only ones without clear feats seem to be Sero and Hagakure, but I don't mind leaving them at Unknown and scaling their durability from Mineta.

Kaminari and Jiro can fight with the same villains as Momo, so they should scale from each other, and Mina can hurt other characters likely comparable to Mineta.

So I don't think a "possibly" rating is necessary for them. The only ones without clear feats seem to be Sero and Hagakure, but I don't mind leaving them at Unknown and scaling their durability from Mineta.
Did Kaminari and Jiro physically fight them? Also Mina basically one-shot Aoyama, so if he scales to Mineta, who has 8-C+ dura, wouldn’t that make her High 8-C.

Is there a problem with them being ‘At least 9-A, possibly 8-C’ in AP? Although now that I think about it, Hatsume only has 9-A dura, so ‘Possibly 8-C’ would be better for the hero course students.

Did Kaminari and Jiro physically fight them?
Jiro at the very least yes, but I guess Kaminari is left in the "Possibly 8-C" rating now that I checked the fight again.

Also Mina basically one-shot Aoyama, so if he scales to Mineta, who has 8-C+ dura, wouldn’t that make her High 8-C.
You don't need to be two times stronger than other person to knock them out with a well placed uppercut, and according to the description of the fight, Aoyama panicked, which let himself wide open.

Jiro at the very least yes, but I guess Kaminari is left in the "Possibly 8-C" rating now that I checked the fight again.
Okay, so Jiro is 8-C+ physically and with Earphone Jacks, Kaminari and the majority of other students are ‘Possibly 8-C’ AP scaling to Shinso and 8-C+ dura scaling to Mineta.
You don't need to be two times stronger than other person to knock them out with a well placed uppercut, and according to the description of the fight, Aoyama panicked, which let himself wide open.
Well, there only needs to be a 1.5x difference or less for upscaling to happen. Although if Aoyama just panicked, never mind. (But that should be specified on their profiles).

So to recap:

Shinso becomes 8-C, no +, due to backscaling from Deku. This also applies to base Kendo, since she scales to Shinso.

Every hero course student with Unknown striking strength is upgraded to ‘Possibly 8-C’ (or ‘Possibly 8-C+,’ whichever you think is more appropriate) due to passing a strength test that Shinso was unable to. They would also have 8-C+ durability for being above Mineta.

Momo is upgraded to 8-C+ for blocking an attack from Dark Shadow with a shield and surviving being beaten by a Nomu. Jiro scales to this since she could physically fight people that Momo fought.

Nejire should probably scale to 8-C/8-C+ or even High 8-C since she’s a third year and member of the Big Three, so she should be above the members of Class 1-A. (Shindo uses this logic, so I’m applying it to Nejire since she’s in a higher grade than him)

Every hero course student with Unknown striking strength is upgraded to ‘Possibly 8-C’ (or ‘Possibly 8-C+,’ whichever you think is more appropriate) due to passing a strength test that Shinso was unable to.

I disagree with this. Keep them as Unknown until they get a feat. There is nothing wrong with an Unknown rating.

@Therefir; why are you updating all of the character profiles even though this discussion is ongoing?

EDIT: You know what, close this thread as soon as you've made the changes.

I will be making a new CRT soon after to revise the verse.

The only profile I changed that can be challenged is Denki Kaminari's.

Unless of course, you don't agree with scaling the characters' durability even from the weakest student.

Oh nothing in particular, I was just updating Momo and Jiro's rofiles and included Kaminari in the pack.

But yeah, apart from Shinso's strength test results, Kaminari doesn't have many feats to measure his striking strength, so I put him back to Unknown and left his durability alone, as he should be at least comparable, if not superior to Mineta in this aspect.

Last edited:
The characters affected by this are:
Izuku, Shouto, Katsuki, Kirishima, Tokoyami, Iida, Inasa, Stain, Shigaraki, Muscular, Kaminari (although I thought electricity ignored durability), Tetsutetsu and Wolfram.
Those feats shouldn't scale to Striking Strength and Durability of anyone on this list aside those who's quirks revolve around physical power.
The reason behind that is those feats were performed using quirks, 3 out of 4 were exposions, and the other one is a feat from physically enhancement quirk.
Along with this is an upgrade to Deku's base state through back scaling from 5% due to this statement. This upgrade would put Midoriya's base in the building level+ range. Calculation 4 above would also imply Deku's base is stronger than 9A at least.
I don't agree with this, you can't take a statement at face value without a feat supporting it. So, you should probably get feats.

@Therefir; are you fine with the thread being closed so that I can make a new CRT for the verse later today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back