• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MH Hunter Ability Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShiroyashaGinSan

VS Battles
Retired
Regenerationn Negation (Via Fatalis Sickle)

Empathic Manipulation (Via certain mantles and weapons like Fatalis Menace and Aladdin's Wand)

Resistance to Telepathy, BFR, Death Manipulation, Absorption, Dream Manipulation, Possession, Illusion Creation, Memory Manipulation, Darkness Manipulation and Soul Manipulation (Able to resist the effects of the Fatalis armor)

Resistance to Poison Manipulation (Able to wear out poisons)

Resistance to Statistics Reduction (Able to resist the effects of various effects like Fatigue by various items and armory)

Resistance to Power Nullification (Able to resist the effects of Dragonblight by nulberries)

Resistance to Empathic Manipulation (Able to resist the effects of the sounds of weaponry like Fatalis Menace and effects of Confusion)

Resistance to Pai (Able to move and fight while having bleeding or life drain)

Resistance to Magnetism Manipulation (Able to resist the effects of the magnetic effects of Gougarf by Laviente Blood)

Summoning (Can summon Grimalkynes to the battle to aid himself with various commands)

Shockwave Generation (Weapons like Accursed Slicers can create shockwaves)

Earth Manipulation (Weapons like Accursed Striker can create earthquakes)

Vibration Manipulation (Weapons like Accursed Wail can create destructive impulses)

Sleep Manipulation (Weapons like Addled Beers can put enemies to sleep)

Aura (Able to create dangerous aura by utilizing equipments like Aim of Magic)

Flight (By utilizing equipments like Airship Hammer)

Soul Destruction (Weapons like Akantor Cannonlance and Alatreon Greatsword can destroy enemy's soul)

Sealing (Not combat applicable. Some weapons has soul of the monster sealed within it)

Pain Negation (Able to negate the pain of his attacks by Aloe Stenyo)

Energy Projection (Able to fire Dragon Element blasts by weapons like Altheos Alteria)

Smoke Manipulation (Weapons like Anubis can create large pillar of smoke)

Minor Physics Manipulation (Weapons like Arachnoscale reduces friction)

This is for the Hunter, right?

Resistance to Acid Manipulation (Hornetaur Armor negates the effects of the Effluviam)

I don't recall any you've missed aside from that.

Effluvium isn't acid, it's virus capable of doing decomposing. Hence his resistance to biology. And I want to ask, can we do MH a "Bloodborne" treatment? A feat coming from weapon. The difference being it will be a new key and it only scales to the hunter.

Um. What'd you have in mind?

Does it do anything that makes this a possible feat? At all?

Bloodborne scales to Call Beyond because it had a huge analysis page on OBD that concluded it definitely did cause stars to explode. Does this ever do that? Show it binding literal stars together? Because otherwise I'm afraid this falls more into the Terraria end of item descriptions.

Also I want to ask, does the 5-A calc also include other Black Dragons? I'm kinda making Alatreon right now.

Oh well. And I have no idea, IIRC it is a White Fatalis feat, scaling after that is up to you guys (might be better to ask Gimmy).

Ah. Right, sorry, sorta passed out. My bad.

@Mr. Bambu if you're tired go get some rest. Does you no good to be this tired lol

Anyway, the Alatreon profile got removed via "unreliable statistics". Meaning we have to concretely come up with what goes on that specific profile and have someone (Possibly Darkanine or some other admin/someone important) give us the thumbs up. Should also be noted that the 5-A calc was accepted by Darkanine, who made the original calc for White Fatty on this site, so it is likely that this is something that can properly be applied to the profiles.

I was always kind of under the impression that the 5-A feat was only for White Fatalis. However, under the assumption there is no real significant difference in power between all of the Fatalis Brethren and they all do indeed scale, then 5-A could very likely be applied to all other Dangerous First Class Monsters, as they are all roughly on the same level with each other due to how dangerous they are and the known level of their destructive capabilities.

That being said, if other monsters like Alatreon and Dire Miralis do get scaling to the other Elder Dragons in this classification, then they would probably get just Sub-Relativistic speeds from scaling to the Crimson Fatalis calc I did a while back (assuming it is acceptable).

On top of that, The Sub-Rel+ calc I made for White Fatalis would scale to Disufiroa, Shantien (which is Disu's rival and the second fastest monster in the series), and Valphalk (which is the fastest monster in the series).

Of course, since we know that the Monster Hunter is capable of taking down monsters like the Fatalis, Dire Miralis and White Fatalis based on the fact that they know what happens to people who wear armor made out of those monsters and that they know that Dire Miralis can regen only from its heart, they would also likely scale to the higher end of these DFCMs (Like White Fatty, for instance).

hopefully I explained my thoughts on the matter well enough lol

I suppose scaling to White Fatty (hah) for the very tippy top of the verse is alright with me.

Our Fatalis revision didn't finished back then too. But I think it's okay now since fatty isn't unknown anymore.

I think we might need a little bit more input? Maybe run this by Antvasima so we can make sure this is alright to add?

I didn't even know that was an ability. Huh.

If we do stuff like that, we should probably specify on the profile itself that these abilities are only when the Hunter is wearing the mantle (otherwise it has no effect). That being said, Ghillie Mantle (allows for better stealth), Glider Mantle, Various Elemental Mantles that make the Hunter immune to specific status ailments, Cleanser booster (Removes Abnormal Status effects and elemental blights. Immunity Mantle basically allows for the same thing), Apothecary mantle increases the likelihood of the Hunter inflicting some sort of status ailment, Rocksteady Mantle (Increases durability and cannot be flinched/knocked out of an attack/wind cannot sweep the Hunter away/Tremors don't stumble the Hunter).

Normally that's just "via Insert Equipment Name" in paranthesis after the ability.

"Invulnerability to Fire (via Fireproof Mantle)" and so on.

But yeah, mantles should be on the page.

Lemme rephrase, all mantles should be on the page. Just saying, no offense meant.

Apothecary Mantle - Probability Manipulation

Bandit Mantle - Limited Probability Manipulation

Challenger Mantle - Limited Empathic Manipulation

Evasion Mantle - Statistics Amplification

Fireproof Mantle - Invulnerability to Fire

Waterproof Mantle - Invulnerability to Water

Thunderproof Mantle - Invulnerability to Electricity

Ghillie Mantle - Presence Concealment

Glider Mantle - Limited Flight

Iceproof Mantle - Invulnerability to Ice

Immunity Mantle - Healing

Impact Mantle - Statistics Amplification

Rocksteady Mantle - Invulnerability to Blunt Force Injury, Sound Manipulation, Air Manipulation and tremors

Vitality Mantle - Invulnerability

Affinity Booster - Statistics Amplification

Cleanser Booster and Health Booster - Healing

We also put this in the notes: Specialized Tools

"Vitality Mantle - Invulnerability"

I think I'd classify that as Life Manip, and add a note that specifically says what it does (doubles one's life)

"Presence Concealment"

Nah Ghillie Mantle is pretty solidly Stealth Mastery, not Invisibility.

Immunity Mantle should also probably be Power Null/Resistance against status effects.

Fate only in name, friend. IIRC that just affected chances of rewards and stuff. Solid limited Probability Manipulation.

Maybe. Very limited, though. I'd think it should be noted as "Resistance to Bleeding".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back