• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MFTL Downgrade for Arata Kasuga.

— Main Problems.

• Context that got manipulated.
Based on this calculation [1], Arata with the Breakdown Phenomenon ability is categorized as having "MFTL Speed" because he can corrupt and create black suns in a fairly short time. The crux of the problem in particular, is that it's classified as a Range rather than a Statistics Speed which can be adapted to roughly character speed. And that's sounds so wrong.

The incident happened here [ 2 ]. The characters describe an event that corrupts the sun to black due to the Breakdown Phenomenon. Breakdown Phenomenon is explained as powerful magic goes out of control on a large scale. The results of these events are massive destruction, people within the effective range disintegrating, being pulled out of the world and becoming wraiths. The only way to resist this effect is to have sufficient magic, but this will only slow down the rate of disintegration rather than completely negating this action. The only way to stop it is with some form of powerful magic negation, or being cut off at the source with either the death of the mage who caused it, or their gaining control over the rampant power.

From this, we can conclude that the Breakdown Phenomenon is a hax based like corruption. And there is no correlation at all to speed. Because incidents occurred that were caused by Arata Kasuga's uncontrollable power, meaning he didn't react at all to those events.

[ 1 ] https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Rendynoc0unter/Breakdown_Phenomenon_Speed
[ 2 ] https://imgur.io/a/rSmRoAb

• Claiming Black Sun as far as Real Sun.
As can be seen in the calculation above, precisely in the quote "This means that the black Sun of the Arata Breakdown Phenomenon is indeed as far away as the regular Sun." - It is a mistake and flawed evidence, because the evidence used to support that a black sun replaces a sun that actually does not exist (even the panels used to support it do not explain that way, it only shows another sun). Referring to the explanation from the Trinity Seven Wiki: "The Black Sun occurs when Arata Kasuga's magic goes out of control, causing a Breakdown Phenomenon. This causes a large black sun to form in the sky. It has a strong gravitational pull, and causes those with weaker magic to dissolve and get sucked up into it, almost like a black hole. It was only used once in the series."

Based on the explanation from the Trinity Seven wiki, and the evidence contained in [ 2 ] it can also be seen that the black sun was formed from particles corrupted and distorted by the Breakdown Phenomenon, so there is no guarantee it is as big as the real sun and also as far away as the original. Indicating this has nothing to do with the speed aspect of the character that covers such distance.

• Ignoring the fact it's a passive-hax.
Arata's Breakdown Phenomenon makes Black Sun unconscious so that it is more classified as passive hax, due to lack of good control of magic. This has absolutely nothing to do with Arata moving or anything like that, because the Breakdown Phenomenon is another aspect of magic. If we use common-sense, and at least accept "if the black sun is as far as the original sun" then it will only make the character have a passive-hax creation with a Stellar range, instead of categorizing it into a statistical aspect.

— Conclusion.
1. Black Sun's feat wasn't a form of feats that could be calculated because it belonged to abilities categories and down to range.​
2. There is no guarantee that it is as far from the real sun, and the calculations ignore many important aspects to support the claim.​
3. MFTL Arata should be removed.​

— Count Votes.
• Agree: @Fixxed @Rakih_Elyan @Rendynoc0unter @YueNoMoral @WanderingGecko @Dread
• Disagree:

Last edited:
Well, finally someone publicized this, MFTL for me is also strange, so I will look at the reason for the downgrade first.

Wait a minute.

Arata's FTL is obtained by comparable and even beats the reaction speed of Lught (Magus who has FTL speed).

btw, That was then, now it's not
You can see in the glossary for official manga that Lugh are only FTE not FTL.
So i will revise it again and use another reasoning instead.

The Feats is there, it's just that now I'm not in the mood to take care of the trinity seven speed.

Even if I have some free time, I would like to revise the trinity seven again using the official translation scene.

Because, it could be that the FTL narrative is completely different in the official translation manga narrative.

Aah, I agree with this downgrade, and Speed arata will become "Unknown". (Why is that?, because it was agreed yesterday, when I revised all the t7 profiles)

The Feats is there, it's just that now I'm not in the mood to take care of the trinity seven speed.

Even if I have some free time, I would like to revise the trinity seven again using the official translation scene.

Because, it could be that the FTL narrative is completely different in the official translation manga narrative.

Aah, I agree with this downgrade, and Speed arata will become "Unknown". (Why is that?, because it was agreed yesterday, when I revised all the t7 profiles)
Good. Alright I'll count you in. Since the justification of FTL speed is also no good, then I'll remove that too.

Good. Alright I'll count you in. Since the justification of FTL speed is also no good, then I'll remove that too.
Yes, it should have been deleted from yesterday, it's just that I was too lazy to do it.

And when this crt will be applied in the profile, it should be made like.
Unknown | Unknown | Unknown

Yes, it should have been deleted from yesterday, it's just that I was too lazy to do it.

And when this crt will be applied in the profile, it should be made like.
Unknown | Unknown | Unknown
What the hell? The speed rating is evident as the sun itself on a sunny day.

If there's any maybe I could calc 1-2 feats. Just show me the decent one, if I'm intrested, I'll do it.
I thought you are knowledgeable in the verse. There are for sure speed feats. Calculate any.

Having unknown sounds unreasonable for me. It is like they never ever present any feat?

I am aware of this, but it is hard to believe there are no feats whatsoever.
You already know that the previous Trinity Seven really had few supporters, even only me and a few of my friends were active on this wiki, and one by one like Calista who is now rarely active on this wiki.

So because of that, I take care of everything, and what I can take care of is only abilities and tiers, for calculations I can't take care of it.

But one by one, there are already some people who are interested in becoming supporters of this fiction, so I think this fiction will be completely revised.

You already know that the previous Trinity Seven really had few supporters, even only me and a few of my friends were active on this wiki, and one by one like Calista who is now rarely active on this wiki.

So because of that, I take care of everything, and what I can take care of is only abilities and tiers, for calculations I can't take care of it.

But one by one, there are already some people who are interested in becoming supporters of this fiction, so I think this fiction will be completely revised.
I understand, but it is just frustrating. Also, my opinion on this thread is same as @Rendynoc0unter

• Ignoring the fact it's a passive-hax.
Arata's Breakdown Phenomenon makes Black Sun unconscious so that it is more classified as passive hax, due to lack of good control of magic. This has absolutely nothing to do with Arata moving or anything like that, because the Breakdown Phenomenon is another aspect of magic. If we use common-sense, and at least accept "if the black sun is as far as the original sun" then it will only make the character have a passive-hax creation with a Stellar range, instead of categorizing it into a statistical aspect.
No one ignores the facts here, because Arata can create Black Sun which is a Breakdown Phenomenon without being aware of it. You say yourself here that Arata is not good at magic, but when Arata was at Dante Gate he was able to master it.

Back