• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Methuselah's AP and Durability Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
DI-IWKB- never stated him as being made up of decillions of nights tho. Unless it was in the Japanese/original version does anyone have the scan for it?

Ok so Warren said that he will make a thread specifically about Reinhards tier and his scaling so dont change it with this thread.

i haven't any problem with your AP Description

-------------------------------------

but new calculation for durability: (counting 13.8 billion years x decillions)

13.8 billion years has 5037000000000 days/nights aka 5 trillion nights

5037000000000 x 1 decillion = 5.037×10^45

or x 2 decillions = 1.0074×10^46

1.535e32 x 5.037×10^45 = 7.731795×10^77 joules or 1.847943355E+68 tons aka 3-B Multi Galaxy level

based on PsychoWarper's numbers Meth durability was Multi Galaxy too

so i think one of these descriptions would be ok

Durability: At least Multi Galaxy level, likely far higher

or

Durability: At least Multi Solar System level, likely far higher

Multi Solar System one is without counting Big Bang thing

also

Agree: 6 (Maxnumb231 Dysmity Gun Slave Unit Warren Valion PsychoWarper Nepuko)

Disagree: 0

30000 - 40000 Nayuta isn't 30000-40000 years

It's a really damn large number. Equal to 10^60. The age of the universe is approximately 8 Nayuta planck time. 30000-40000 Nayuta is likely how long Mercurius' reign was.

How could the universe be 8 nayuta though? I see that the universe is 13-14 billion year old and as you say nayuta is 10^60. Also again if anyone can tell me when it was mentioned that Mercs resets are all the way to the Big Bang that would be great :)

Ricky365 said:
How could the universe be 8 nayuta though? I see that the universe is 13-14 billion year old and as you say nayuta is 10^60. Also again if anyone can tell me when it was mentioned that Mercs resets are all the way to the Big Bang that would be great :)
Mercurius resets creation with his Law, Acta Est Fabula.

The constant state of the world repeating itself endlessly is what gives birth to the sensation of Foreknowledge, which is what Reinhard hates and is Reinhard's goal to destroy.

Ergo, when Merc restarts the world, he brings it back to the Big Bang.

It's 8 nayuta in /planck time/. Basically it's a very small unit of time. The universe is about 8 nayuta (8 times 10^60) measured in planck time for the sake of a neat number.

Mercurius had been sitting on a chair for 30000 - 40000 nayuta (don't know why it varies) because he repeated the universe.

IrrelevantTurtle said:
30000 - 40000 Nayuta isn't 30000-40000 years
It's a really damn large number. Equal to 10^60. The age of the universe is approximately 8 Nayuta planck time. 30000-40000 Nayuta is likely how long Mercurius' reign was.
well damn... so Meth nights = 8 Nayuta x one decillion? or 4000 Nayuta x one decillion?

I have a personal question about this.

When they say Meth is "half the world" in terms of nights... does it use the word chikyuu (Earth) or is it sekai (world)? Because "sekai" does not mean the planet, but the entire world (what people generally mean when they say 'universe', basically our "patch of supposedly infinite space thing"). Night and darkness don't exist solely on planet Earth, it's everywhere where there is no light traversing or 'painting over' it. This means it would span over a lot of the entire visible universe and everywhere in the nonvisible universe (assuming there is no light there that hasn't reached us yet).

something confused me. which one is amount of Meth's nights?

1- 4000 planck time (big bang till 1944) "multiplied" by one decillion

2- 4000 planck time (big bang till 1944) "plus" one decillion?

so i can properly calculate Meth's durability

From what Warren and others said it's multipled by one decillion cause hes been around for one decillion time loops each lasting 4000 plank time.

so Methuselah duraibility would be be 3.83079148×10^80 jouls 3-B Multi Galaxy lvl

there isn't any doubt remained

Attack Potency: Varies. At least Large Planet level with Jaws of Darkness, likely far higher (He embodies the mystery of all nights from the time of Mercurius to 1944, including his time loops, with their numbers being in the decillions at least. A single night's mystery requires the destruction of half the planet, and Methuselah can create Jaws of darkness with a density of a hundred nights. Can trade blows with Wilhelm after he temporarily became an Einherjar, and who is capable of shattering his Jaws of Darkness), can bypass durability in a number of ways

Durability: At least Multi Galaxy level, likely far higher (A single night's mystery is equivalent to the durability of half the planet, with Methuselah piling up nights from the time of Mercurius to 1944, including his time loops, with their numbers being in the decillions at least). Regenerationn, conceptual existence, non-corporealness, and requiring destruction on a conceptual level makes him extremely hard to kill, especially given how he has resistance to all of these things such as the likes of the LDO, and even being able to briefly survive a direct hit by Reinhard's Longinuslanze Testament along with Machina's Briah being the only other ability that can truly harm and destroy him)

affected profiles

Methuselah

new AP: Varies, At least Large Planet level with Jaws of Darkness, likely far higher

new DP:
At least Multi Galaxy level, likely far higher

Willhelm Ehrenburg Ren Fuji Machina Eleonore von Wittenburg Wolfgang Schreiber

new AP and DP instead of their old Planet level keys: At Least Large Planet level, likely far higher

TonySansNom said:
I have a personal question about this.
When they say Meth is "half the world" in terms of nights... does it use the word chikyuu (Earth) or is it sekai (world)? Because "sekai" does not mean the planet, but the entire world (what people generally mean when they say 'universe', basically our "patch of supposedly infinite space thing"). Night and darkness don't exist solely on planet Earth, it's everywhere where there is no light traversing or 'painting over' it. This means it would span over a lot of the entire visible universe and everywhere in the nonvisible universe (assuming there is no light there that hasn't reached us yet).
While I don't have Japanese scans, Meth is very clearly connected to the Planet Earth - and the reason why, "1 night=half a planet" is because the half of the Earth is covered in darkness at any given time.

@Warren He's personified from darkness because people revered it from fear (nocturnal fear from predators etc), I do understand that. But does his being only comprise the darkness of Earth?

TonySansNom said:
@Warren He's personified from darkness because people revered it from fear (nocturnal fear from predators etc), I do understand that. But does his being only comprise the darkness of Earth?
Yes.

Otherwise, Meth would embody all the darkness in the universe - and 99% of the Universe is made up of dark empty space.

Just to be clear, Wilhelm harming Methuselah isn't due to any capability of his to actually hurt him. If he had been able to harm Methuselah with just 8000 souls, then Schreiber would have been able to as well. It is his connection with Claudia that makes all of this possible, including touching him.

@Infera28

Before you let Dark649 lock the pages

You might want to make a short blog where you make your calculation of all of Meth's nights and link it in his durability section.

Warren Valion said:
@Infera28

Before you let Dark649 lock the pages

You might want to make a short blog where you make your calculation of all of Meth's nights and link it in his durability section.
Alright i will create a new blog soon. then what do you think fits better as new explanation for Meth durability also shouldn't his striking strength be varies or unknown?

Infera28 said:
Alright i will create a new blog soon. then what do you think fits better as new explanation for Meth durability also shouldn't his striking strength be varies or unknown?
Mention how Meth embodies the totality of his mystery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back