• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Methuselah vs Lavos

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I'm implying the being who experienced what Meth has done for literally infinitely longer is going to be able to shrug off the resulting insanity.

Except that from what you've said, Lavos was just in the dark for an infinite amount of time.

Unless you're telling me Lavos was terrified all that time, then this doesn't equate at all. Hell even then, Lavos never received all this amount of fear at once.

The thing is, Darkness Beyond Time>Methuselah in every way, and Lavos coming out of that without being worse for wear speaks volumes. It doesn't matter if all that fear has been put into Lavos' mind, because it's still Lavos' mind. It's like trying to make a guy who's been chilling in hell scared of fire.

Again, you're literally saying that because Lavos has seen worse he can't be mind haxxed. Which is not how it works.

It's like if I made someone who loves spiders feel the fear of everyone who fears spiders. Doesn't matter if HE doesn't give a damn about spiders, he will be affected. And "general aloofness of the situation" won't help at all.

Given Methuselah's means of mind hax, it kinda implies that. If it changes Lavos' mind to experience fear of that, it would be different, but it's not. It's shoving other's fear into his own mind, and given that Lavos experienced literally infinitely worse, throwing as many other people's feats in his face is quite literally as effective as putting any amount of 3-As against a Low 2-C.

He's making him feel fear. That's mind manipulation. He's not making Lavos experience the darkness, just the fear that results from it. Lavos not being scared of the dark doesn't matter.

From what I understand, if its about inserting fear it probably wouldn't be as effective, but if its quite literally anything else, it would work.

Note the as

SomebodyData said:
From what I understand, if its about inserting fear it probably wouldn't be as effective, but if its quite literally anything else, it would work.
^

This

It's taking the primal fear of darkness since the Big Bang and shunting it into Lavos' mind, hence the mind manipulation. Problem is, he's facing the one person where he's basically shoving that fear into a black hole.

Except that Lavos never resisted fear, since he clearly never felt any in that darkness. He'd be able to resist if it was just making Lavos feel the darkness. But that's not what it is here.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
He's making him feel fear. That's mind manipulation. He's not making Lavos experience the darkness, just the fear that results from it. Lavos not being scared of the dark doesn't matter.
No, he's giving him fear. Small difference, but it makes the biggest impact here. He's not mentally changing Lavos as much as he's adding onto Lavos, which matters as much as adding to a variable that's being multiplied by zero.

Not to mention that even if it does work, it doesn't stop the passive time warps, BFR, or acausal duplicates, which he can't kill due to lack of well...means to kill them.

Inserts the fear means quite literally putting a visual of the fear in the mind, I think you're referring to the former @Saik.

Feeling of fear = Lavos not immune to

Feeling fear from Darkness = Lavos pretty adjusted to

Depending on the effect is how effective it will actually work is what I'm saying.

The grammar is really important in what I'm saying.

Not being scared of the dark doesn't at all mean Lavos can resist his mind hax.

I'm not seeing anything that shows Lavos doesn't go catatonic from the fear (Not saying that will exactly happen, just saying generally).

So, I still don't understand how Meth's hax work.

Are they related to a specific type of power/concept?

How do they work?

Up to which beings do they work on (in terms of power)?

Is there a specific power to negate them?

His mindhax is related to his nature. He is just darkness, but humanity turned darkness into an "evil" concept. Everything that is related to Darkness is now a part of his being, and he can manipulate it. He is a part of Yin-Yang.

Since "fear" is related to Darkness, he can take all fear that living beings feel from Darkness and put it in the target's mind. That's passive and uses the "fear" from all reseted universes (Actually, Mercurius multiverse multiplied by at least a decillion times. But, actually its FAR higher.)

SchroKatze said:
His mindhax is related to his nature. He is just darkness, but humanity turned darkness into an "evil" concept. Everything that is related to Darkness is now a part of his being, and he can manipulate it. He is a part of Yin-Yang.
Since "fear" is related to Darkness, he can take all fear that living beings feel from Darkness and put it in the target's mind. That's passive and uses the "fear" from all reseted universes (Actually, Mercurius multiverse multiplied by at least a decillion times. But, actually its FAR higher.)

That's a lotta fear

And how do you counter it? Does it work if his opponent is litteral darkness and evil (ignore the rest of his hax, for a minute).

If the target has a "mind" of some sort (The Overlord from Ninjago is pretty much an abstract, but he still have a mind and can be mindhaxed), the target needs to have strong enough resistance.

If the targe doesn't have a "mind", the mindrape is lolnoped.

SchroKatze said:
If the target has a "mind" of some sort (The Overlord from Ninjago is pretty much an abstract, but he still have a mind and can be mindhaxed), the target needs to have strong enough resistance.

What bothers me about that is: why would something like the Overlord fear... A rapresentation of himself? Wouldn't it be like looking at 10 decillions of mirrors?

Because Meth can even control Overlord's Darkness. He is immune to Darkness related powers/concepts, and can "steal" others darkness.

, I don't think he can steal his darkness, since he resists concept Manipulation, but the fear hax works by implanting all the fear of darkness rather than scaring him

DMB 1 said:
SchroKatze said:
What bothers me about that is: why would something like the Overlord fear... A rapresentation of himself? Wouldn't it be like looking at 10 decillions of mirrors?

Yeah, he stomps his true form, but what about the Golden Master? Could his Holy powers and lighg try to counter that? If it doesn't work, then he gets absorbed, if it does, the GM could try to seal him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back