• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Meruem vs Ken Kaneki (Grace)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"A straw man is a form of argument and an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent."

I meant more along the lines of "one person corrupts an opponent's argument into something different" where my argument was to show how Kaneki had the advantage while the opponent sets it up as if I'm forcing him to vote, instead of convincing him about my arguments.

But I'll not debate the definition of a fallacy so I digress.

AKM sama said:
I meant more along the lines of "one person corrupts an opponent's argument into something different" where my argument was to show how Kaneki had the advantage while the opponent sets it up as if I'm forcing him to vote, instead of convincing him about my arguments.
But I'll not debate the definition of a fallacy so I digress.
I haven't said anything to corrupt your said argument. What are you talking about? Just because you say you have a convincing argument doesn't mean someone will automatically agree with it, and it doesn't necessarily mean the person is conceited or anything.

If you're that concerned, just get more people here to make similar solid arguments/discussions.

Again, I never "forced" you to agree with my arguments, just proved how Anttron's argument is objectively wrong. I never said you are conceited or anything. Are you having trouble reading or understanding what I wrote, or are you just pulling stuff out of thin air for no reason at all?

Their comment didn't imply coercion, and I don't know where the conceit thing came from. This thread is getting derailed and we should stop. Also I'm switching to Kaneki for the aforementioned reasons.

Eganergo said:
Well Netero's extra limbs and versatility didn't help him win though.
I dunno about this but shouldn't Meureum get Reactive Power Level as well?

I'm not voting for anyone for now.
Unless my memory sucks, I don't recall any instances where Meruem gets Reactive Power Level. I think he simply adjusts his effort and power depending on the opponents after analyzing and learning their moves.

I see Kaneki winning but Meruem has a decent oportunity too, difficult choice. It depends a lot on who attacks first and the luck factor

Meruem's power absorption only works on characters with Aura, it hasn't been shown to work otherwise. Additionally, in order to manifest a kagune you need a kakuhou and plenty of RC cells which Meruem wouldn't get by simply eating part of kaneki's kagune or even his kakuhou. Also I'd say even if Mureum did eat enough of Kaneki's kagune and kakuhou the success rate of him manifesting a kakuhou mid battle and knowing how to use a kagune as well as kaneki is incredibly unlikely, and not useful since Kaneki already knows how to fight kagune users and negate regen. With that said, I am voting Kaneki FRA from AKM

Regardless, I don't really see a pre-Rose Meruem winning this fight, tbh. Post-Rose Meruem, on the other hand, likely has a better chance, but hey, I guess I might be wrong with that, too, despite the AP difference with THAT key.

So I vote Kaneki. Let's close the deal here.

Grace is over, match has been added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back