• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mercer Frey Downgrade part 1

Understanding their nature first is important

They embody the constellations of the sky basically. And during the 2nd Era, they fell from the skies and took on avatar/mortal form.

For further emphasis:

Are you really the Thief constellation?

In a way. Just as you might look at a picture of the star signs and say "That's the Thief" or "That's the Warrior." Just so, I'm the Thief, or one way of seeing the Thief. [...]

Of the twelve rightful star signs, it's the Guardians' duty to protect the lesser signs, our charges, against the destructive ways of the Serpent. [...]

She spoke to them in dreams. Not directly, of course. We prefer to watch from above rather than appear below. Only in times of great crisis do the guardians awaken and manifest. The Serpent's attack on Craglorn was just such a crisis.

The Serpent:

I am the stars and the sky, and everything that lies beyond. There was no hope for you.

Now on their power, we'll start with the Serpent; the entire Craglorn questline involved preventing him from destroying Nirn and returning said planet to a primal state.

The Serpent:

Nirn will begin anew when I escape this prison, escape Craglorn.

Nirn of old was nearly uninhabitable by the likes of you. I will see that it returns to that state.

When the land was young, it fed on you. Those primordial days will return. And I will end your civilization.

All will perish when I awaken the primeval fire under this land.

In my wake, the seas will boil, and the roots of the earth will rise to tear civilization apart.

Gaseous forms will replace air. Their very existence will dissolve your flesh.

The rest of Nirn will die screaming.

He showed mortals a future where he escaped his prison too

Possessed Mantikora:

Allow me to show you a vision of the inevitable

Turuk Redclaws:

You! Milksop! Turuk and his Undaunted need you. All Tamriel needs you! Warn the Guilds. The Alliances. Warn everybody! [...]

A tree spirit. It could speak—had a face out of a fever dream. It leads an entire army of cultists in the caverns ahead. It slaughtered us, showed us…showed us a vision of what it plans to do to all of Tamriel. [...]

A vision of the future. A future where that spirit escapes these caverns and runs rampant across the continent. I saw the cities of Tamriel, shattered and over-grown. That spirit wants us dead—Men, Mer, Khajiit. It doesn't give a damn.

The other Celestials are capable of remaking Nirn too, but only the Serpent chooses to act upon that desire due to his nature. A conversation with the Thief made this clear when she stated that Regent Cassipia gaining the powers of a Celestial is bad due to her ambition: remaking the world

The Thief:

This Regent Cassipia, the leader of the Scaled Court. She plans to somehow gain the powers of a celestial. To make herself the Serpent's equal. [...]

For one such as Regent Cassipia, yes. Very bad. By her own admission, Cassipia plans to remake the world. We cannot allow that to happen [...]

Regent Cassipia reached for powers that were not hers to acquire [...]

Regent Cassipia and Little Leaf wanted to change the world, but the cost was too high. The Serpent, the Viper…whatever you call it, a snake is still a snake.

And now unto the Warrior. He's stronger than an Anesi that sunk the continent of Yokuda and has massive connections to said place. There's also his ability to summon people and entire armies throughout time.

The Warrior:

The Shehai of a first rank Anesi sank Yokuda. This Warrior's Shehai is beyond first rank.

The Thief:

Each Celestial possesses an unusual gift. The Warrior's gift is to call heroes across time. It seems the Serpent perverted the Warrior's gift, using it to awaken the villainous Tarish-Zi and his cursed army, the Anka-Ra.

Merely manifesting his Shehai produces shockwaves too.

And finally, the Mage. We'll start with her staff; which would've destroyed a mountainous regio of Hammerfell called Craglor at low-end and possibly all of Tamriel at high-end.

Sara Benele:

You. My sister Gabrielle told me about you. She said danger doesn't faze you. Good. See that large staff sticking out of the ground? It's emitting magical energy at unprecedented levels. If we don't stop it, it'll explode. [...]

Quickly. If the staff explodes, it has enough power to turn all of Craglorn into a crater. Collect all three elemental infusions and bring them to me. Then we can force our way into the staff and stop the explosion!

Loading Screen:

Whatever this colossal onyx shard may be, one thing is certain: it comes from somewhere beyond the bounds of Tamriel. And the fabric of Tamriel may not be strong enough to contain its power.

Achievement Unlocked:

Prevent a catastrophic explosion of magic from within the Spellscar.

The Mage demonstrates her power upon entering the Aetherian Archive

Coming of the Learned One:

The learned one came to us with a booming roar like thunder, enveloped in a gleaming sheen. hers was a foreign glimmer that filled the Chamber Prime for the first time in many years. At first we were perplexed, dismayed, but mostly annoyed. We had the audacity to think we would deny her access to the Archive and its secrets. As if we had seen or touched or made anything in our pitiable tower that she couldn't best with a word. We voiced our displeasure at her arrival, and bade her take leave of us. Angalin and Envaril continued their research as if nothing was amiss, squinting to read through the brightness. Her light told us she was displeased. Its intensity grew, and in the moment, we thought she was Magnus come to Nirn, burning like a miniature sun. Vandore, Yanaril, and Tuintar were swallowed in her glow and never returned, leaving blasted streaks where they once stood. The rest of us fell to our knees. Not in surrender, but in euphoric elation. Never had we glimpsed such wondrous magic. We welcomed her, then. What choice did we have? We wept, and kissed her feet as she entered the tower. [...]

In the beginning, the Learned One frequently graced the experiment halls. That first day, her very presence sparked long-dormant casting circles to life all at once. Three of my subordinates were frozen solid in the Hall of Storms, lost in a sudden rush of magic.
A dozen more vanished in the Stairway of Flames—so powerful was the fire that burst to life when the Learned One entered that there were no ashes, no sign that they had ever been. Twelve lives incinerated more efficiently than any spell I have ever constructed. It was beautiful.

The Mage also warped the interior of the tower into a pocket dimension filled with a series of floating islands, asteroids, and a starry sky.

TLDR; Their avatars are capable of destroying civilization, continents/landmasses, and remaking Nirn

I finished editing the profile. Can you guys quickly proofread it to make sure everything is ok. I think I should link the speed feat like how Aela the Huntress' profile does it but I don't want to mess up so I think it should be proofread first to make sure the edits I did are ok.

Self Love said:
The average soldier ain't wall level
I can find plenty of Elder Scrolls legends cards that have average soldiers breaking metal and destroying walls (I can link or show them if you want me to). Also rats in the Elder Scrolls have multiple wall level feats and I doubt Mercer is inferior to them.

I finished editing it for right now, but I need to now link the pictures and get on my computer to link the video of the rats destroying brick walls and the other feats they have.

Hey does anyone know how to remove categories because Mercer is no longer tier 8 and 7 so those need to be removed.

Back