• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Memorable quotes.

"A lesson without pain is meaningless. That's because no one can gain without sacrificing something. But by enduring that pain and overcoming it, he shall obtain a powerful, unmatched heart. A fullmetal heart." Edward Elric

This nation was founded on one principle above all else: The requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world -- "No, YOU move." Captain America

Those two hit me deep and are my favorites

"With every word, you call upon yourself an ever more terrible fate." -Oroku Saki (TMNT 2003).

"The Universe needs you Shiro...we all do..." - Ulaz (Voltron: Legendary Defender)

You don't know what it's like to have friends. You could tell me what it's like to feed on love, but you can't tell what it's like to truly love and be loved. Your motivations are selfish, we fight because we know about things worth fighting for! Love! Friendship! We have things you can't hope to have! You envy us! Ponies who can't do things themselves tell others that they can't do it...I can stand up to you...And I can win! - Twilight (MLP IDW Comics, Issue #3)

"I'm not sure if Heaven and Hell really exist, but just in case..." - Rohan Kishibe "Why, Mr. Anderson? Why do you do it? Why get up? Why keep fighting? Do you believe you're fighting for something? For more than your survival? Can you tell me what it is? Do you even know? Is it freedom? Or truth? Perhaps peace? Yes? No? Could it be for love? Illusions, Mr. Anderson. Vagaries of perception. The temporary constructs of a feeble human intellect trying desperately to justify an existence that is without meaning or purpose. And all of them as artificial as the Matrix itself, although only a human mind could invent something as insipid as love. You must be able to see it, Mr. Anderson. You must know it by now. You can't win. It's pointless to keep fighting. Why, Mr. Anderson? Why? Why do you persist?" - Agent Smith

"Like a guy who plays way too much Billiards, I know it all too well!" - Toyohiro Kanedaichi

"GOD LEFT ME UNFINISHED" - Dade

"So, in conclusion, you're both equally mercurial, overly sensitive, clingy, hysterical bird-brain homunculi. And I honestly can't even tell the two of you apart half the time because I don't go by height or age, I go by amount of pain in my ass, which makes you both identical. All right, everything resolved? Everybody nice and certain about their position in my world?" - Rick Sanchez

Killer Queen's Third Bomb: Bites the Dust! Rohan Kishibe Killer Queen is already inside your eye! That's what you are seeing! It is a bomb to blow away anyone who tries to come after me!- Kira Yoshikage

KONO DIO DA -DIO

Jackpot!! -Dante and Vergil DMC 3

The only thing that survives in this world is reality…This is an action caused by reality…So it will not be destroyed…Bucciarati is dead and Abbacchio, Narancia…But their wills and actions will never disappear…they are the ones who gave this arrow to me! But are your actions based on reality? Or they are just from your senseless evil? We're about to fine out!- Giorno as he awakens his GER

I love everything in existence- Reinhard Heydrich as he awakens as Mercurius' apoptosis

I understand it all now! The true reason for my wrath! I could not stand it! There is always some fool who wants to rule the world! Always forcing others to do what they cannot do for themselves! That's why I pray to no one! Nor will I be prayed to! But above all else I will never forgive you for making my daughter cry! This is your end!!- Asura to Chakravartin

I see so this is the power of the human's observation. By observing him you bring him down to the same level as that of a demon. It's our only shot at defeating him. Let's drag him down from that throne, kid!- Dagda (idk if this is the exact quote)

With great power comes great irresponsibility!- Deadpool

Again I must face a Sparda strange fate isn't it- Mundus (idk if this is the exact quote either)

"What does it mean to be reborn? That isn't the life I had anymore. It's someone else's life. Everyone only gets to live life one time, and it's right here. I only get it once. This is my life. I can't entrust it to someone, I can't steal a new one, I can't force it on others, I can't forget it or erase it. I can't stomp over it, laugh at it, or beautify it! I can't anything! I'd have to accept my one shot at life no matter how cruel, merciless, or unfair I thought it was! Sir, don't you understand? That is why I must fight. I must keep on fighting! Because... because I can never accept that kind of life!" - Yuri Nakamura

"Even if we forget the faces of our friends, We will never forget the bonds that were carved into our souls." - Yuzuru Otonashi

Angel Beats! man...that stuff sticks with you...

Change. I do not like change. I like every aspect of my life to remain exactly the same. Deviations carry the devastating potential for destroying the fragile balance that is me.

Rat (Pearls Before Swine)

"I am Valentinez Alkalinelia Xifax Sicidabohertz Gumbigobillo Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovicci Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser. Don't hesitate to call." - Vash the Stampede in his introduction to Wolfwood

"There, that ending… was a little better. The frog at the bottom of the well drifts off into the great ocean. Heh heh… yep… pretty damn honourable… pretty damn honourable… I guess it's time to put down my pen. Right… I need a title for the next book… let's see… Ah, got it… The Tale of Naruto Uzumaki… perfect" - Jiraiya

"People die when they are killed" - Shirou

"Now I will proceed to pleasure myself with this fish"

"I will take this potato chip and EAT IT!" -Light Yagami

"Do you understand pain a little now? If you don't share someone's pain, you can never understand them. But just because you understand them doesn't mean you can come to an agreement. That's the truth" -Pain/Nagato Uzumaki :

"OH MY GAWD" -Joseph Joestar

"Even Speedwagon is afraid" -Inner Thoughts of Jonathan Joestar

"I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!" -Son Goku

"This must be the work of an enemy stando" -JJBA

So continuation of my original post.

5) "To win, but not destroy… To conquer, but not humiliate… That is what true conquest is!" Rider (Fate/Zero)

6) "A king must live a grander life than any other's, and stoke his people's feelings of admiration! He who is worthy of all heroes' envy, and he who leads their way, is king! Therefore, the king is not alone. For his will equals that of all his followers together!" Rider (Fate/Zero)

7) "A king without greed is even worse than a figurehead! Saber. You said you would become a martyr for your ideals. In life, you must have been a pure saint. A proud and noble figure, certainly. But who can truly admire the martyr's thorny path? Who dreams of such an ending? A king… The king must be greedier than any other. He must laugh louder and rage harder. He must exemplify the extreme of all things, good and evil. That is why his retainers envy and adore him. And why the flames of aspiration, to be as the king is, can burn within his people. Proud king of chivalry… The righteousness and ideals you bore may indeed have saved your nation once. However, I'm certain you know what became of those who were saved, but left to themselves." Rider (Fate/Zero)

8) "Thank you! **** you! The villain has arrived!" Ladd Russo

9) "Being kind to everyone, simply means there's no one special." Koyomi Araragi

10) "What is life? Why do people live? Someone asked me that, and then I beat him within an inch of his life." Shizuo Heiwajima

11) "People who call others stupid are usually more stupid. But I am stupid, so I'll say it anyway...YOU'RE STUPID!!" Shizuo Heiwajima

12) "You just went for my head didn't you? You know that you could kill someone by hitting a vital spot on their head, right? If you know this, then you were trying to kill me, right? Then you won't complaint no matter what I do to you, right?!" " Shizuo Heiwajima

"It's almost unbearable, isn't it… the pain of being all alone. I know that feeling; I've been there, in that dark and lonely place, but now there are others, other people who mean a lot to me. I care more about them than I do myself, and I won't let anyone hurt them. That's why I'll never give up. I will stop you, even if I have to kill you! They saved me from myself. They rescued me from my loneliness. They were the first to accept me as who I am. They're my friends." - Naruto Uzumaki

"... If fate is a millstone, then we are the grist. There is nothing we can do. So I wish for strength. If I cannot protect them from the wheel, then give me a strong blade, and enough strength... to shatter fate." - Ichigo Kurosaki

"See, you and I have different beliefs. I believe in the Will of Fire. That pathetic Lord Jashin or whatever isn't your God any more. I am. The only one bringing down vengeance is me." - Shikamaru Nara

"Yeah hurts good doesn't it? Attacking the vitals is such a waste! This pain, this is the best! As the other dies, their agony radiates through my body! And living through it feels even better"

"I'll never die… Even if you destroy my body, and I'm left with nothing but my head… I'll escape somehow… and when I do, I'll find you and bite your throat out"

-
Hidan. A highly determined character.

Omae wa mou Shindeiru- Kenshiro and his uncle Kasumi Kenshiro a lot of times

Tell me how many breads have you eaten in your life?- Dio

LOL, It seems I have opened the floodgates for all of the JoJo fans....

Anyways, here are a few more :

"Revolver Ocelot (Revolver Ocelot)" - Revolver Ocelot

A couple from Ghostbusters :

Dan Ackroyd : "Everything was fine with our system untill the powergrid was shut down by dickless here (gesturing towards William Atherton)"

Walter Peck (William Atherton) : "They caused an explosion !!"

Mayor : "Is this true ?"

Bill Murray : "Yes it's true. This man has no dick"

"Personally I like the University, they gave us money and facilities. We didn't have to produce anything. You've never been out of College, you don't know what it's like out there. I've worked in the private sector, they expect results" - Dan Ackroyd (after being thrown off campus)

"Your move, creep" - Robocop (after shooting a potential rapist's dick off)

"Muffin button" - Goku (TFS)

"We saw Gohan earlier, but he was busy pounding the tuna ... What ?? With Goku gone, Chi CHi needs someone to do it ....(Master Roshi starts laughing)" - Krillin (TFS)

Later, Chi Chi shows up and the exchange is hilarious :

Chi Chi - "Al right, I demand to know who has been spreading rumors that I've been forcing Gohan to, and I quote, POUND MY TUNA !!!"

Krillin - "Look Chi Chi, if it really upsets you, we'll all take turns pounding your tuna. But ... only if we get to eat it together"

"I'm made of lo-o-o-o-o-ve, and it's stronger than you!" ~ Garnet, Steven Universe

"What's the use of feeling(,) Blue?" ~ Yellow Diamond, Steven Universe (Really love the double meaning behind this one.)

"Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honour matters. The silence is your answer." ~ Javik, Mass Effect (Don't play Mass Effect, but this quote hits hard. Found it on 9Gag of all places.)

"YOU ARE NOT PREPARED!" ~ Illidan, Warcraft (Whenever I have a test.)

The one who'll be the judge is my stand!- Jotaro Kujo (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders)

Your next line is (insert dialgoue) to you: Joseph Joestar (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Battle Tendency)

It was me, Dio ! : Dio Brando (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood)

"Having overwhelming power is boring as hell". -Saitama

"Human beings are strong because we have the ability to change ourselves!" - Saitama

"we all make choices; but in the end our choices make us." -Andrew Ryan

"Who needs arms with legs like these" - Mettaton

"When do you think people die? When they are shot through the heart by the bullet of a pistol? no. When they are ravaged by a incurable disease? No...Its when they're forgotten!"-Hiluluk Doctor

"I don't recall calling myself a hero. Nor do I remember fighting for justice. I always fought for those I believed in. If an enemy appears in front of me, I will destroy it!!", Zero (Mega Ma)

"I've always doubted myself; doubted my worthiness. From the day I met Mir to this very moment. I couldn't understand why an ordinary farm boy like me would be entrusted with this power... this fate. I want to discover what you've left for me, Freud. I want to prove myself worthy of your legacy!", Eva (MapleStory)

"The Bird of Hermes is my name... Here standeth the Bird of Hermes! Eating my own wings! To keep... myself... tame..." Alucard (Hellsing)

"Why do they blame me for all their little failings? They use my name as if I spent my entire days sitting on their shoulders, forcing them to commit acts they would otherwise find repulsive. 'The devil made me do it.' I have never made one of them do anything. Never. They live their own tiny lives. I do not live their lives for them." -Lucifer Morningstar

"Tell me, Lucifer Morningstar [...] what power would Hell have if those here imprisoned were not able to dream of Heaven?"
-Dream of The Endless

I can't help, but love all those who live in this world. I'm not lying, i really love them. I can't help loving them more and more.
So i will give them happiness.

Happiness to live obeying my command, under my established order.

Is there a greater happiness than that ?

Discussing this with you is pointless, it's not even a discussion to begin with. Whatever a perfect being like me tells imperfect creatures like yourselves, it would just be meaningless.

My eyes can clearly see what is correct and what is not. I also have the knowledge to know what should be done.

There's no one more suitable to rule over this world!

How foolish, but I am too kind. So I forgive you.
~ Lucemon Falldown Mode​

The katun is established at Chichen Itzá. The settlement of the Itzá shall take place there. The quetzal shall come, the green bird shall come. Ah Kantenal shall come. Blood-vomit shall come. Kukulcan shall come with them for the second time. It is the word of God. The Itzá shall come...
~ The Books of Chilam Balam​
Even the slightly toned down version in Civ V send shivers down my spine.

"Child of Man. What do you seek from this world?" ~ Hanyuu Furude - Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni

"We did it. We're a good team." ~ Lance McClai - Voltron

"We had a bonding moment. I cradled you in my arms!" ~ Keith Kogane - Voltron

"You really don't know what's happened, do you? By all means, stay in this cozy little coffin and continue to play the prince. But I have to go now." ~ Anthy Himemiya - Revolutionary Girl Utena

"So pretty. I loved the look in your eyes when I hurt you. I always thought you were stronger than anyone…and yet now you seem so weak." ~ Shiori Takatsuki - Revolutionary Girl Utena

"I've always looked up to you. I ignored you because I didn't want you to see my shortcomings." ~ Yuri Katsuki - Yuri!!! on Ice

"(With a trembling voice) Wow, I guess you can really say he- went out on a high note… What wh-what's wrong, I'm a funny guy it's what I do… hehe, I mean, what do you expect from me? It's not like I care about any of this… I mean, why would I care? I shouldn't care. I DON'T CARE!

Why am I doing this? It makes no sense! I don't even know these people- why am I fighting a giant f***ing goat demon for them? This is stupid, why should I care what happens to any of them? They're all just a bunch of stupid sheep that let Corvatz herd them off a cliff- they knew exactly what they were walking into! Which just begs to question, why a, I still here?! (brief flashback) DAMMIT!

Y'know something? I really- hate- people. (shouting) They're selfish! Ignorant! Loud and obnoxious pricks, with basically no redeeming qualities whatsoever! I mean really, look at all they've achieved! Genocide, global warming, reality TV! It's just a never ending parade of failures and **** ups! They are, without question, a complete right off of a species- AND HOW DARE YOU MAKE ME CARE ABOUT THEM!" -Kirito (Something Witty) Yes that's all one quote.

"Because behind those eyes, I saw something I lost long ago- the will to live. Now, stop running from who you are: confront it, embrace it, and go for its f***ing throat, like real f***ing vampire!" -TFS Alucard

"Zorin, was it? Listen Zorin, this whole f***in' place- is my 'ouse. You ain't the queen vampire b**** 'ere, I am! And you know what we Brits always say? God- save- the queen." -TFS Saras Victoria

"P is for priceless, the look upon your faces. E is for extinction, of all your puny races. R for revolution, which will be televised. F is for how f***ed you are, now allow me to reprise. E is for eccentric, just listen to my song! C is for completion, for which I've waited for so long! T is for the terror, upon you I'll bestow. Heheh. My name if Perfect Cell, and I'd like to say: hello." -You all know who, from TFS

It'll take more time to choose from ones that aren't from abridged series.

"Just because you are correct doesn't mean that you are right"- UBW (Ufotable) Shirou Emiya

"You will call me Dende! Dende!... Say my name" "Dende! Dende!" "No....Super Kami Dende" - TFS Dende to Krilli

"
In order for a mediocre man to defeat a genius, he has to become a monster" - Ikki Kurogane

"The only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed!" - Lelouch Lamperouge/vi Brittania

-BANLK- said:
3) "I hate nice girls. Just exchanging pleasantries with them makes me curious,and texting each other makes me feel restless. If I get a call, for the rest of the day, I'll keep checking my call history with a stupid grin on my face. But I know the truth. They're just being nice. Anyone nice to me is nice to others too. But I always find myself on the verge of forgetting that. If the truth is a cruel mistress, then a lie must be a nice girl. And so, niceness is a lie. I would always hold expectation. I would always misunderstand. At some point, I stopped hoping. An experienced loner never falls for the same trap twice. A lone warrior, surviving hundreds of battles. When it comes to losing, I'm the strongest. That's why, no matter what happens, I will always hate nice girls." Hachiman Hikigaya
Oh How i hate you for taking the words right out of my mouth. Along with.

"Everyone has something they hold dear, something they never want to lose. That's why they pretend. That's why they hide the truth and that's why they lie.. but.. the biggest liar of all.. was me."

"Hardwork betrays none, but dreams betray many. Working hard alone doesn't assure you that you'll achieve your dreams. Actually, there are more cases where you don't. Even so, working hard at something is some consolation at least."

"Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don't care."

8-man has some really good once man. I also loved the Rooftop scene.

Here are two from Yukinoshita I really like

"People who don't work hard don't have the right to be envious of the people with talent. People fail because they don't understand the hard work necessary to be successful."

"You simply feel you're being looked down upon because you're aware that you're inferior."

Now that I have left my favorite once behind here are some others that I love but are not in my teenage romcom.

"Òü¬ÒéïÒüïÒü┐Òü«, ÒüÖÒüôÒüùÒü¿ÒéêÒü┐Òüª, A faint clap of thunder,

ÒüòÒüùÒüÅÒééÒéè, Clouded skies,

ÒüéÒéüÒééÒüÁÒéëÒü¼Òüï, Perhaps rain will come.

ÒüìÒü┐ÒéÆÒü¿Òü®ÒéüÒéÇ? If so, will you stay here with me?

Òü¬ÒéïÒüïÒü┐Òü«, ÒüÖÒüôÒüùÒü¿ÒéêÒü┐Òüª, A faint clap of thunder,

ÒüÁÒéëÒüÜÒü¿Òéé, Even if rain comes or not,

ÒéÅÒü»Òü¿Òü®Òü¥ÒéëÒéÇ, I will stay here,

ÒüäÒééÒüùÒü¿Òü®ÒéüÒü░ÒÇé Together with you." -The Garden Of Words.

Serious lack of Gintama Quotes

"The night is in its darkest just before dawn. But keep your eyes open. If you avert your eyes from the dark, you'll be blinded by the rays of a new day. So keep your eyes open, no matter how dark the night ahead may be." Sakata Gintoki

"Do you have any idea how stupid we are? Don't underestimate us!!"

"Trying to shoulder the burden all by yourself? Don't be a stranger. Weep and ask for help. Lean on me with your runny nose. Cry when you feel like crying. Laugh when you feel like laughing. When you're tearing up with an ugly face, I'll give you a good cry with an uglier face. When you're laughing so hard your stomach hurts, I'll laugh in a louder voice. That's how it should be. It's far better to get dirty while living true to yourself, than to throw away yourself and die a clean death."

This show just has too many.

Here is one that stuck with me form one piece.

"If you lose credibility by just admitting fault, then you didn't have any in the first place." -Fujitora

I got so many more......

Shamelessy quoted from NGNL wiki :

"Imanity...since the beginning of the『Ten oaths』has had continuous failures due to the predicament of not having war, and we are now left with our last city & country. Why has this happened?! Was it because the previous king failed? Or was it because we are ranked 16th? Or was it because we are unable to wield magic? Or was it because we are the most inferior race? Does this mean we are fated to walk the path of our destruction?!—sorry but all of those answers are wrong!...Is it then because our race is violent?! Or is it because we specialize in war!?...No! The reason why we were able to fight and survive is because we are weak!"
―Sora to all of Imanity (LN Volume 1, Chapter 4)
"Because of our weakness, we trained our eyes, ears and the ability to think. Learning how to survive, that's our trait as humans! The human species can't use magic and can't even perceive it—but because we are weak, we have the wisdom to run away from magic and the intelligence to see through it! We don't have any extraordinary senses. But because we are weak, by learning and gaining experience, we gained the wisdom to achieve the unachievable—to predict the future...Rejoice! We are humans; we are the most talented people! Precisely because we were born without any ability, we can achieve anything. This is the will of the weakest race!"
―Sora to all of Imanity (LN Volume 1, Chapter 4)

Guys. Try not to use double space since it makes the thread longer than it should be.

this is

(space)

okay

this is

(space)

(space)

not

Oh found another quality quote by Shirou Emiya he is seriously amazing

"Just because you are correct doesn't mean you are right"

Back