• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Melzalgald Vs. Class 1-A (Plus Eraser Head & delayed All Might)

Ok but still like i said it doesnt matter what the wiki says about the strength of the character if you take that at face value then whats the point of debating? They have many oppruntunies to beat melz

Because we have profiles for a reason. We'd be arguing forever about statistics without never getting anywhere going about it the way you are explaining.

Either you make a CRT and give compelling, convincing reasoning why the stats we gave them are wrong or you accept the stats in question and argue using those. Belief is not an argument for why this person and that person can hurt that other person.

But yes, Melzagald completely butchers every single person in here. Not even All Might can do much, so they get butchered in all of these.

@Papa you've made no mistakes, but keep in mind this is not something we can add to profiles. This kind of match can't be added, but ti certainly can be made and debated for the sake of fun. You can't, however, make things like the second round because that'd be giving Aizawa powers that he doesn't have, plus skewing things in favor of Class 1-A by sealing off his abilities, which you can't do (the exception is when the abilities are of a higher tier than his normal one).

You actually made no credible argument to justify why Melgard would win besides stats which are not a determining factor in a battle and All Might obliterates Melzald Class A wins stop commenting nonsense

Melzard has not shown the type of strength All Might or Bakugo has shown in a fight.. Plus with strategy they can win it doesn't even take all of these individuals its literally a 1 sided matchup for Melzald considering it would only need 3 or 4 or the members in this group and I'm only being generous because All Might would be able to take him hisself... Todoroki can literally freeze and melt Melzald body with huge chunks of fire and ice and Bakugo can blow up bits and pieces of his body... As as smart as deku is he would see that the pearls are inside of Melzald and find a way to get rid of them.. I could care less if it took 4 S class heroes doesn't mean class A can't do it considering they're more competent than most average heroes in the actual series.

Dude, our statistics aren't just for show or guesswork. There's years of hard work in some of the older and popular profiles, with calculations and measurements of feats and their refinements.

Stats are obviously important. Even if you throw a thousand Mumen Riders at Saitama, there's no way they can win.

TacticalNuke002 said:
Dude, our statistics aren't just for show or guesswork. There's years of hard work in some of the older and popular profiles, with calculations and measurements of feats and their refinements.

Stats are obviously important. Even if you throw a thousand Mumen Riders at Saitama, there's no way they can win.
Thats not a logical assessment they are not 1000 mumen riders they are not even that far apart in abilities.. And they all have different power sets.. You keep saying things,without actually doing research on the characters and what they do in the series... I have watched both series of mha and opm.. I dont care what the profile says, Melzald has not shown the destructive capability or the strategic mindset of deku and friends, your only case is he lasted against members of S Class when he has regenerative abilities? All you have to do is go inside of his body and take the pearls.. Which with class As abilities can easily do and do it better than what the Class S heroes did.

Also the Saitama statement was horrible considering we all know how strong Saitama is

If you don't care about profiles, maybe you should leave the site voluntarily. It doesn't seem to be for you. May you find happiness in Comicvine or whatever hole you go to next.

Do you not know the saying "When in Rome, do as the Romans do"? You need to learn and adapt to our system in order to have a fruitful and productive time here.

Remove this spite thread immediately. Melzagard can't be hurt by anyone here and is faster than all of them put together. All Might doesn't live long enough to figure out the marbles, this is a stomp.

Cease this immediately.

I agree with Tactical

We are an indexing site. We make arguments based on what the profile says

If you disagree, make a CRT with some arguments and proof. If you disagree and doesnt want to make it....well too bad for you

Kingofwolves999 said:
Remove this spite thread immediately. Melzagard can't be hurt by anyone here and is faster than all of them put together. All Might doesn't live long enough to figure out the marbles, this is a stomp.
Cease this immediately.
Please understand, I am not trying to cause spite, my original intention was to make what I saw as an interesting scenario with possibility for discussion without expecting this to be treated as anything official.

Also, I'd like for any further discussion in this thread to not be related to the earlier dispute about the role of profiles and their statistics, I kindly request that we only discuss how this scenario may play out, but I understand that I cannot force anyone to do anything, so this is merely a formal request that we divert all conversation from any unrelated arguments, thank you for your understanding.

MrKingdrago101 said:
I have watched both series of mha and opm.. I dont care what the profile says, Melzald has not shown the destructive capability or the strategic mindset of deku and friends,
Melzargard is stronger than characters that have shown superior destructive capability than them.

Just because he isn't blowing up multiple buildings with every attack doesn't mean he can't do that.

Plus the city got nuked so it's not like there was anything for him to destroy anyways.

Attention everyone, includng past voters, i've decided to update the conditions of this unofficial fight, so as to put aside the question of whether or not Class 1-A plus pros will be able to even damage Melzalgald, and redo the debate in this new light.

After rewatching the OPM episodes with Melzalgald, I noticed that the first time we see him, Atomic Samurai's underling (the knight looking dude) was able to easily slice through his flesh. With this in mind, i'm going to update this so that Class 1-A's heavy hitting attacks will be able to destroy Melzalgald's body to trigger Regenerationn.

I do not wish to start a debate about whether or not Atomic Samurai's underling has city level attack, nor about whether or not Class 1-A has any city level attacks (besides All-Might), this is now about how the class will do against Melzalgald while being able to damage him.

Obviously, normal punches like from Uraraka won't leave a dent in him, but Midoriya's smashes and Bakugo's explosions will create sizable holes in Melzalgald. Todoroki's ice, if spread across Melzalgald, will be able to make any caught limb crumble, like he did with Noumu. While Ida's Recipro Burst/Extend kicks still might not be able to go very deep into Melzalgald, they'll be fast enough that Ida can quickly burst after a marble and shatter it with a kick, if he spots it, or someone else calls it out to him.

Another update: Melzalgald initially attempts to send a winged head to tell the ship to fire once more, but someone in the group attacks it before it could fly out of reach, and like how Metal Bat found this out, the student that catches it finds out his weakness before the fight really begins and leaving Melzalgald with one less head.

Reminder, this is an unofficial thread that I do not expect to be used as any serious material for future debates, and please understand that I originally created this for the sake of a fun debate, so I hope my changes don't seem skewed or spiteful, i'm merely attempting to make this a more thoughtful fight, and I apologize if this change seems inappropriate.

If you're willing, all people that initially cast a vote, please do so again after re-examing the fight with this new change, but if re-thinking this in light of the change is too much of a hassle, I understand. Also, and this is purely just an opinionated request, please refrain from one sentence "X stomps Y" answers, as i'd enjoy a more thoughtful analysis, but once again, I cannot force anything, so it is merely a request from my own desires and preferences. Thank you.

Melzargard is stronger than characters that have shown superior destructive capability than them.

Just because he isn't blowing up multiple buildings with every attack doesn't mean he can't do that.

Plus the city got nuked so it's not like there was anything for him to destroy anyways.

Where is the evidence of him being stronger.. If you going to base this on profile ratings thats on you but thats not an accurate way of scaling somebody we use feats of the characters, style, techniques, strategy and intelligence, like deathbattle does not based on what the profile says.. There was no point in you making this thread if you honestly think melzald would just blitz and take no damage from individuals who have shown greater feats. Than Melzald has

Strategy and Feats can also be misconceptions though I get that but you asked for a scenario of how it would go down and I gave it to you? But all you have to answer is Ohhh blah blah they would get speed blitzed hurr hurr

You deliberately used Genos as a scapegoat to Bakugo knowing full well Genos has never fought Melzald in the series and use puri puri prisoner fight against puri puri prisoner as a scapegoat.. Knowing full well Genos due to his abilities and strength lasted longer than Puri Puri prisoner.. There is no evidence to say Bakugo would do no damage to Melzald with his explosion.

MrKingdrago101 said:
Where is the evidence of him being stronger.. If you going to base this on profile ratings thats on you but thats not an accurate way of scaling somebody we use feats of the characters, style, techniques, strategy and intelligence, like deathbattle does not based on what the profile says.. There was no point in you making this thread if you honestly think melzald would just blitz and take no damage from individuals who have shown greater feats.
Do you not understand powerscaling at all? Forget the profiles. Melzargard is more powerful than characters with superior feats to Bakugo. That's why I think he wins with ease.

Melzargard not having many great feats is because he was kept locked down by four other heroes and didn't get to go on the offensive.

And I didn't even make this thread.

Tetsucabrah said:
http://prntscr.com/osu34x

https://prnt.sc/osu2we

Genos at this point in the story was still struggling with demon levels.

Melzargard was a dragon level. If that's not proof that Melzargard is superior I don't know what else to tell you.
Its almost like the point went over your head, Genos did not participate in the battle at all we have no indication of how strong he would have been facing melzald they wanted to build suspense i guess so they didnt include him.. He was struggling with Deep Sea King and whats your point? Doesnt mean Class A would do no damage.. Lol all right dude just argue with these other people about profiles peace

King, if you wanna argue this, make a thread about it. Don't drag it in a small thread like this where nobody else knows your grievances with the rules.

Because you are literally doing nothing more than stopping any sort of discussion and entirely disagreeing with our standards just for the hell of it. If our rules actually bother you so much, invest all that energy and time arguing why the rules should change somewhere that matters, not slowing down this thread that has nothing to do with it just because you have really misguided ideas about how we should treat profiles and don't agree with what we do.

Best chance they would have with that is applying the anti-grav effect and trying to hit him with anything that could impart enough KE and send him flying the fuckle away.

Minus Nakama? Realistically? Replacing the hero adrenaline pumping music? All Might will arrive to find blood & body parts everywhere with a strange creature standing at the centre with boredom written all over it's faces.

Stats are unequalized......everyone including All Might gets blitzed badly. Mel blitzed Iaian who's Mach 1300+ and Massively Hypersonic +. 1-A and the teachers are supersonic with All Might being Hypersonic. Mel can breathe and class 1-A and Aizawa can get obliterated. And that's not an exaggeration. The difference between Mel and the BNHA class and teachers is bigger than the difference between Carnage Kabuto and Genos, and Kabuto was literally able to blow away Genos' assumed strongest attack in the form of incineration cannon with his literal breath. Now Mel isn't Kabuto, but the gap between Kabuto and Genos is smaller than the gap between Mel and the BNHA crew. They literally can't harm or touch him. And because of the speed gap, All Might would basically appear to be so slow that he's not even moving to Mel. Giving a hypothetical speed equalized, it goes back to the fact they can't harm him and he can one shot them. Even if Aizawa negates his morphing and regen, he would breathe on them and kill them all

Jo-Smooth said:
Stats are unequalized......everyone including All Might gets blitzed badly. Mel blitzed Iaian who's Mach 1300+ and Massively Hypersonic +. 1-A and the teachers are supersonic with All Might being Hypersonic. Mel can breathe and class 1-A and Aizawa can get obliterated. And that's not an exaggeration. The difference between Mel and the BNHA class and teachers is bigger than the difference between Carnage Kabuto and Genos, and Kabuto was literally able to blow away Genos' assumed strongest attack in the form of incineration cannon with his literal breath. Now Mel isn't Kabuto, but the gap between Kabuto and Genos is smaller than the gap between Mel and the BNHA crew. They literally can't harm or touch him. And because of the speed gap, All Might would basically appear to be so slow that he's not even moving to Mel. Giving a hypothetical speed equalized, it goes back to the fact they can't harm him and he can one shot them. Even if Aizawa negates his morphing and regen, he would breathe on them and kill them all
...****, that's very concise and convincing, well I made a big rookie mistake not equalizing more things, figured there'd be something fatally wrong with my first VS thread ^^;

But thanks very much for the enlightening info about the horrendous speed gap, maybe I'll try this matchup again much later but actually equalize everything, not too sure how to close a thread but this is definitely over, will absolutely keep their stats in mind next time I try a discussion!

Apologies to everyone who attempted to make sense of this messy matchup!

There's no need to apologize lol. It's one of those fights that are good in theory but not in practice. Like Stain vs Garou for example. Something I personally thought about myself before. It sounds good on paper and seems like it would be something that would be cool to play out until you look at the stats.

Maybe when the league or the pro heroes get some more upgrades we could finally have an interesting My Hero vs OPM match that isn't completely onesided.

Still waiting for that Geten and Dabi clash to get calc'd.

Back