• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Megidramon revision

Amelia_Lonelyheart

Luckiest Lady in the Land
She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
I've recently noticed that the Megidramo page is rather misleading. Currently, it (he?) is just listed as Low 2-C but that might give people the wrong impression, Megidramon IS universal...but in sort of a weird way...I'll try to explain.

While his existence was "destroying the very existence" of the Digital World and Human World, he himself is only really Planet level for losing to fighting but losing to Beelzemo and thus being inferior than Gallantmo. Sadly scans of the fight is rather hard to find but I was able to get those.

So basically I feel that we should change his tiering from "Low 2-C" to the following "At Most 5-B pshyically, Low 2-C via Digital Hazard"

And change his AP to

Attack Potency: At Most Planet level (Inferior than Gallantmon due to his loss against Beelzemon, but still fought on equal grounds) Universe level+ via Digital Hazard (Megidramon's very existence was collapsing all the layers of the Digital World [including the "gods" domain, which is a higher plain], and it was also stated that it would affect the Real World as well)

So all in all, not really a downgrade, but just trying to explain his weird feats in the anime better.

I apologize if I got anything wrong, it has been some months since I watched Tamers.

TheMightyRegulator said:
Affecting the Real World and the Pokemon World, wouldn't that be At Least Universe Level+?

Yes, but that doesn't scale to his attacks or durability, its which is why I suggested "At Most 5-B pshyically". I'm sorry if I worded it poorly.

TheMightyRegulator said:
Affecting the Real World and the Pokemon World, wouldn't that be At Least Universe Level+?
Megidramon affected the Pokémon world? Didn't know about that crossover.

The only thing I have to object to this is the fact that Megidramon was fighting on par with Beelzemon, who as a member of the Seven Demon Lords should not be that much inferior to Barbamon, who is able to unleash all of the Evil Energy in the Dark Area (a dimensional void as large as the Digital World and thus a universe) as a high temperature burst that dwarfs MaloMyotismon's Screaming Darkness which curb-stomped the entirety of the 02 DigiDestined.

In addition, Beelzemon also scales (at least somewhat) to Lucemon, the most powerful of the Seven Demon Lords, who fought Susanoomon as an equal in combat and was sucking up all of the Digital World's space-time in his Shadowlord form.

Reppuzan said:
The only thing I have to object to this is the fact that Megidramon was fighting on par with Beelzemon, who as a member of the Seven Demon Lords should not be that much inferior to Barbamon, who is able to unleash all of the Evil Energy in the Dark Area (a dimensional void as large as the Digital World and thus a universe) as a high temperature burst that dwarfs MaloMyotismon's Screaming Darkness which curb-stomped the entirety of the 02 DigiDestined.
In addition, Beelzemon also scales (at least somewhat) to Lucemon, the most powerful of the Seven Demon Lords, who fought Susanoomon as an equal in combat and was sucking up all of the Digital World's space-time in his Shadowlord form.
So, what changes would you suggest for the tiers? I'll ambit that I never really looked into the SGDL lore.

I would split the ratings into anime showings and databook showings honestly due to Digimon's wonky scalings:

At least Low 5-B physically, Low 2-C' with the power of the Digital Hazard (lost to Beelzemon who is on par with Gallantmon)' | At least 3-A physically, Low 2-C with hax (comparable to Beelzemon, a member of the Seven Great Demon Lords who scales to Lucemon, who fought Susanoomon equally)

Key: Anime | Official Databook

Reppuzan said:
I would split the ratings into anime showings and databook showings honestly due to Digimon's wonky scalings:
At least Low 5-B physically, Low 2-C' with the power of the Digital Hazard (lost to Beelzemon who is on par with Gallantmon)' | At least 3-A physically, Low 2-C with hax (comparable to Beelzemon, a member of the Seven Great Demon Lords who scales to Lucemon, who fought Susanoomon equally)

Key: Anime | Official Databook

That seems fair.

So...could some staff member unlock the Megidramon page? Or would we need more input?

TheMightyRegulator said:
You'd need admin approval.

Figured as much. Thanks for the input, by the way.

By the way, was it ever proven that the Tamers Digital World (planet, not universe) was way bigger than Earth or was that just a fan theory due to the weird layer-base structuring?

I don't know. As I said before I don't know the franchise at all. I can review what I see before me but that's it. I don't believe it's been discussed here though.

Darkanine said:
TheMightyRegulator said:
You'd need admin approval.
Figured as much. Thanks for the input, by the way.
By the way, was it ever proven that the Tamers Digital World (planet, not universe) was way bigger than Earth or was that just a fan theory due to the weird layer-base structuring?
Well, that sort of varies. Adventure and 02 depicted the planet as a regular ol' Earth-sized planet, while Tamers had the weird layer system. Frontier was another anomaly, showing a planet that seemed Earth size but was large enough to have massive networks of train tracks running inside of it and on top of it along with cities under cities and tunnels leading everywhere, while Xros War had everything split into zones.

I think that this seems reasonable. I can temporarily unlock the page.

Thanks! It should be finished by now. I hope you don't mind but I also changed his "Age" to reflect his anime depiction.

Back